What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't know what his point or argument is, but there you go.

Let's pretend for a moment that the AFL Builds a new, purpose-built AFL Stadium elsewhere in Adelaide, and has the two AFL clubs play all their games (bar one or two) there. The SANFL have no investment, interest or stake in this Stadium. Given how much money the SANFL made from AAMI Stadium, and how much money they are making and how much they will make from Adelaide Oval, WHERE DOES THE SANFL FIND THEIR INCOME FROM? Because they sure as hell wouldn't be making any from AO. Selling off parts of AAMI Stadium would only be short term solution, so long term, WHERE DOES THE SANFL FIND AN INCOME?

That's right - WITHOUT THE AFL CLUBS, WHETHER THEY "OWN" THE LICENSES OR NOT, THE SANFL WOULD LOSE MILLIONS.

And clubs such as Sturt, West and Glenelg would be even more broke than they were now, and would be forced to merge with each other or fold. The other 5 clubs would not be far behind them. Having PORT ADELAIDE and Cows pay them to play in their League would again only be a short term fix as well.

So, Mr Smart-Arse-Know-It-All, WHERE DOES THE SANFL FIND MORE INCOME WITHOUT RELYING ON THE TWO AFL CLUBS???????????????????

Because if my maths is correct (which it is, you need to go back to school) then the SANFL would not last a while season, and we'd be talking about the West-Sturt Tigers, and the SANFL would not exist - the AFL would only step in if they gained control of the League and we'd have AFL-SA.

FFS , If you had a commercial property in the city and had it tenanted for the next 20 years and the tenant decided FU Im leaving you could enforce them to pay the return on that property through the courts or come to an alternative arrangement. Which is exactly what the SANFL, AFL and Port Power and the Crows have done. If the AFL built another stadium since they have signed a long term agreement with Adelaide Oval along with the SMA signing a long term agreement to look after it, they again would be forced to compensate for breaking the agreement.

As for the licences again they purchased those licences as an investment and now are reaping their rewards on the investment. They are not bludging of the AFL, they made an investment in that sport and are looking for their return.

If the SANFL bought Hindmarsh stadium and rented it back to the Soccer Federation would you be saying they cant do it they aren't involved in soccer.

So even with your Dumbass idea of building a stadium you cant break the arrangements you presently have in place without compensating those parties.

As for relying on Port Power or the Crows, yes they are generating the revenue, lets put your hat on and pretend like you like to do that the Port Power went bankrupt. The AFL would attempt to get another team going to fill their obligation to play 22 games at Adelaide Oval to meet the contract they would have signed. Do you honestly think the SA government would have spent the $$$$ they did without written agreements and guarantees from the AFL. So whether it be the Crows or Port Power there will be teams playing at Adelaide Oval due to the AFLs obligation or contract to do so.

So now tell me why the SANFL will need to find more income. As for payment to play in the SANFL Port Power pay jack s**t, I will grant you the Crows do.

Don't tell me I need to understand maths, FFS go buy a property and see how you can take your tenant to court if they break your lease agreement. You just got to hope they have the coin you can sue them for, but I would be pretty confident in the AFL having resources if I was the SANFL or SA Government.

Aaaaand you still haven't answered the question, in fact you dodged the issue completely.

Port Adelaide pay the same $$$ per year to have an SANFL side as the Crows do.

And you cannot sit there and tell me that the SANFL don't bludge off the clubs, because they do! How much money does the SANFL make from an AFL game at Adelaide Oval?

Without the AFL Club, whether they own the licenses or not, the SANFL are screwed.

And don't lecture me about maths or property - I probably own more than you can imagine.

Get off your high horse, think realistically just for once and understand that the SANFL cannot survive without having to rely on the AFL Clubs.

And the AFL wouldn't even give them Jack sh!t - the SANFL claim to be independent from the AFL and will be treated as such.

Aaaaand you still haven't answered the question, in fact you dodged the issue completely.

Port Adelaide pay the same $$$ per year to have an SANFL side as the Crows do.

And you cannot sit there and tell me that the SANFL don't bludge off the clubs, because they do! How much money does the SANFL make from an AFL game at Adelaide Oval?

Without the AFL Club, whether they own the licenses or not, the SANFL are screwed.

And don't lecture me about maths or property - I probably own more than you can imagine.

Get off your high horse, think realistically just for once and understand that the SANFL cannot survive without having to rely on the AFL Clubs.

And the AFL wouldn't even give them Jack sh!t - the SANFL claim to be independent from the AFL and will be treated as such.

EFF me, if you have properties and someone broke a long term tenancy agreement with you, would you walk away for it and say bad luck or want to be compensated for the income you will be losing by that tennant breaking teh agreemnent.

PS the SANFL are fine they receive income from the SMA, ongoing licence repayments and still own a major asset. Remind me of Port Powers wealth?

And as for the SANFL Licence fee, do Port power pay the $400,000 fee to teh SANFL that Adelaide Crows pay????????

Yes PORT ADELAIDE pay the same license fee! What part of that don't you get it.

And the SMA generate money how? Oh that's right, FROM THE AFL CLUBS.

The SANFL are fine SHORT TERM.

The SMA, and Adelaide Oval does not generate $$$ just by existing.

You are increasingly frustrating to argue with; my 8 year old brother has more logic than you. You are an A-Grade moron with a politicians sense of logic - "We've already fed you the lies and spin to keep you happy, stop presenting us with the facts!"

He'll continue to ignore the question that you're actually asking and deflect, because he knows he won't like the answer of the question that you're actually asking.

Let's take our old mate grassrootsfooty at face value and assume that the SANFL are 100% legally and morally entitled to every cent that they've ever made from AFL games. That doesn't change the fact that if Port and the Crows went on strike next year and there was no AFL at Adelaide Oval for the SANFL to make money from (and this post is not questioning their right to do that whatsoever), the SANFL and its teams would be lucky to last the year without the money brought in by AFL games.

No probs go on strike please, let the AFL then take your licences as there is no doubt a clause you actually cant go on strike as you think.

I agree the SANFL are generating $$$ from the AFL,

Now can you explain what compensation the SANFL deserve for the AFL, Port Power and Crows breaking their agreement to use AAMI???????????????????????????? Remember they entered into that agreement on their own free will!

Mate, what is your argument because you are deflecting every question we ask you - like a Politician, you give the same answer to every question! No-one likes being wrong, but you are taking the fact that you are wrong (and we know that you know you are wrong) very personally indeed.

Simple fact is, agreements mean nothing - the SANFL are f@#ked without the AFL clubs.

If they didn't bite the bullet and create the Cows in a 30 minute meeting, and then allow Port Adelaide to leave their League to play real Football, then the SANFL would have folded or been broke by the mid-90's. It's not just the SANFL, either, the WAFL are in the exact same boat!!!

Mate, what is your argument because you are deflecting every question we ask you - like a Politician, you give the same answer to every question! No-one likes being wrong, but you are taking the fact that you are wrong (and we know that you know you are wrong) very personally indeed.

Simple fact is, agreements mean nothing - the SANFL are f@#ked without the AFL clubs.

If they didn't bite the bullet and create the Cows in a 30 minute meeting, and then allow Port Adelaide to leave their League to play real Football, then the SANFL would have folded or been broke by the mid-90's. It's not just the SANFL, either, the WAFL are in the exact same boat!!!

Firstly are you being serious or are you just pulling one about the Annual Licence fee of $400,000 that the crows pay and Port Power dont????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

As for agreements whether they be lease, tenancy or even for that fact Mortgage agreements. Great idea lets just break them stuff the consequences, are you being real or just plain stupid??????????????????????????

Yeah the WAFL seem real happy
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/22110576/footy-greats-fear-for-wa-game/

As for deflecting questions you just make up s**t Im not deflecting anything!!!!!!!!!

Port Adelaide fans: Why do you all get your knickers in a knot over "Port Power"? It's just an abbreviation which substitutes 'Adelaide' in favour of 'Power' in order to distinguish between them and the Magpies. Unless I'm missing something?

Port Adelaide is One Club - the PA in the AFL and the SANFL are one club, just with two teams. Bit like how you have Geelong in the AFL and Geelong in the VFL, one club just two teams, not two separate clubs

Firstly are you being serious or are you just pulling one about the Annual Licence fee of $400,000 that the crows pay and Port Power dont????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

As for agreements whether they be lease, tenancy or even for that fact Mortgage agreements. Great idea lets just break them stuff the consequences, are you being real or just plain stupid??????????????????????????

Yeah the WAFL seem real happy
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/22110576/footy-greats-fear-for-wa-game/

As for deflecting questions you just make up s**t Im not deflecting anything!!!!!!!!!

Mate, Port pay the exact same fee as the Crows do! You pulled that figure out, not me. In fact first you said it was 300k, now you're saying it's 400k. Gee your maths is brilliant.

As for the WAFL, that's what I meant - like the SANFL they are facing irrelevance.

You've been deflecting posts and questions, you've been doing that for 10 pages!

<abuse removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Port Adelaide is One Club - the PA in the AFL and the SANFL are one club, just with two teams. Bit like how you have Geelong in the AFL and Geelong in the VFL, one club just two teams, not two separate clubs

Mate, Port pay the exact same fee as the Crows do! You pulled that figure out, not me. In fact first you said it was 300k, now you're saying it's 400k. Gee your maths is brilliant.

As for the WAFL, that's what I meant - like the SANFL they are facing irrelevance.

You've been deflecting posts and questions, you've been doing that for 10 pages, as well as posting the same, uneducated crap, just worded differently every time!

I'm sorry, I didn't realise posting the hard cold facts equalled to making s**t up, but I guess that's what happens when you try and argue with idiots!

<abuse removed>

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2228/

Port Power will forego their distribution as they are no longer members of the SANFL they are not paying s**t!!!!!!

The fee is $400000 once again talking s**t, how is my maths

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2179/

EFF me, if you have properties and someone broke a long term tenancy agreement with you, would you walk away for it and say bad luck or want to be compensated for the income you will be losing by that tennant breaking teh agreemnent.

PS the SANFL are fine they receive income from the SMA, ongoing licence repayments and still own a major asset. Remind me of Port Powers wealth?

And as for the SANFL Licence fee, do Port power pay the $400,000 fee to teh SANFL that Adelaide Crows pay????????

I quite clearly said $400,000 .

the reason you are the Port Power Reserves if you didn't know, and it seems you probably don't. Port decided to leave the SANFL they are no longer members which is the reason they are not receiving any distributions and have been invited to play on a annually reviewed licence which is why the majority of people consider the Port Magpies dead. Now you are playing as the Port Power Reserves and the 8 SANFL decide every 12 months if that will continue.

<abuse removed>

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2228/

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2179/

As for all the stunts of the SANFL its a matter of entering into agreement, thats right your solution to that is it just break the agreement, luckily Port Power, The Crows, SANFL and the AFL realise its not quite that easy. If you enter into an agreement and break it, there will be compensation. Thats right how did the SMA form. The fact The Crows , Port Power and AFL had agreed to play at AAMI for X amount of years but broke the agreement. This may just have something to do with it. Thats right you proclaim to have property assets if someone breaks their lease agreement I suppose you would let them walk,

Port Adelaide is One Club - the PA in the AFL and the SANFL are one club, just with two teams. Bit like how you have Geelong in the AFL and Geelong in the VFL, one club just two teams, not two separate clubs.
Yes, I know that. But what's the issue with "Port Power" as opposed to "Port Adelaide Power"? Do you also have an issue with "Port Magpies", too? The substitution of "Adelaide" is only for the purposes of abbreviating it to one word, or at least that's the case when I abbreviate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's an unofficial nickname as far as I am aware, although I'm not sure the clubs has confirmed this or not. Most Port supporters as well as the club prefer Port Adelaide as that is the clubs name. I dunno to be honest, but that's my take on it.

As far as I am aware "Port Magpies" is mainly used to distinguish the SANFL side (which at the time was a separate club prior to the One Club merger) from the AFL side (which is actually the Port Adelaide formed in 1870).

With the One Club merger, there was no real reason to have two separate names/nicknames anymore. Again, that's my take on it, I reckon the Port board would be a better place to ask (I don't go to the clubs boards much)

Yes, I know that. But what's the issue with "Port Power" as opposed to "Port Adelaide Power"? Do you also have an issue with "Port Magpies", too? The substitution of "Adelaide" is only for the purposes of abbreviating it to one word, or at least that's the case when I abbreviate it.
I couldn't give a rats toss bag!

As license holders of the AFL clubs the SANFL could have enforced the contact to be fulfilled. As I understand things the SANFL came to the party on the redeveloped Adelaide Oval...ie no Crows no new oval. What has been overlooked in this argument by "Heardy" is that football is the SANFL's core business and it makes business decisions on its football operations. They paid money, "invested in," the licenses and the franchises in the AFL on behalf of the SANFL Clubs and have a responsibility to make some return on that investment.

The AFL could also have tenanted Football park with the license buy back by the AFL clubs. They might even have considered making an offer of purchase, but then the AFL does not own anything in the way of ground facilities, not within the immediate future, maybe Docklands in 25 years time.

Given that the AFL withdrew top level football (State of Origin) from the nations game, the SANFL must be and has been IMO very astute in making decisions and remodeling the competition to better meet the demands of the new football landscape. It's hard operating a supermarket right next door to a Woolies or Coles store. Not only is the AFL a competitor to the SANFL, it's also a predator, consuming a good percentage of its best players, coaches and administrators.

I find that the saddest development since the late 80's/early 90's has been the deterioration of the great rivalries between Port Adelaide/Norwood/Sturt/Glenelg/Cental's that spurred the competition on to greater and better standards to a rivalry that has now descended into infighting, charade, deceit, disloyalty and childish petulance. We are not ready to take on the AFL because we (The SA Footy Public) have not yet finished dishing out black eyes and bloody noses.

IMO we'd be better off, and some of this might already be the case, if
1. Crows and Power membership to be extended access to SANFL games for those club members.
2. Power to realize that they are now an AFL club and no longer a SANFL one and just accept that they should not be treated differently to the Crows.
3. Encourage their members and fans to attend SANFL matches and X-sell AFL/SANFL merchandise.
4. Port to rest their prison bar Guernsey and use a derivative of the power jumper in the SANFL to build up a full AFL club identity. Bring the prison bars out for special occasions...ie ANZAC Day and or indigenous rounds to celebrate their roots.
5. Port Adelaide to count all their premierships in "one history" (PA Magpies/Power FC) as being part of the one football entity, just as the Victorian clubs count their VFL premierships in the same way. There is nothing the Vics can do about that if that's the way SA wants to count them. In this way Port Adelaide can also elevate the Thomas Seymore Hill cup to AFL level for all prior and subsequent winners of that premiership cup.
6. State of Origin reinstated: SA-AFL Vs The SANFL. This could be extended to include Ex SANFL listed players playing for non-Adelaide based AFL clubs.

The challenge for the AFC is to remodel itself from an association representative team into a football club entity and for Port Adelaide the challenge is to take their long term loyal supporters into the AFL with them. They need to find ways to keep them involved. The best and cheapest way is in the SANFL. They won't be going to Alberton Oval like so many have done religiously in years past, but let's investigate ways to make it easier for them to access games around Adelaide. The challenge to the PAFC and AFC....put something on for your supporters by negotiating with the SANFL clubs, maybe by putting something into their infrastructure that can benefit all supporters of local football in SA.

Port are getting better; a shoddy deal at Adelaide Oval has prevented them from a break even this year. The raw deal they got at AAMI where the SANFL was pocketing just about all the money the Crows and Port made didn't help much either. I think the Crows loss this year can be attributed to having two average years in a row, plus the added costs of their SANFL side.

Sturt nearly folded last summer, and I mentioned this in another thread, Wests are one more financial scandal away from folding or merging.

Facts are, Adelaide may even make a loss again although Port are getting better they are posting losses and no doubt will continue to. As for the stadium deal, the question shouldnt be asked what is the deal or why are the SANFL receiving what they are receiving.

The ultimate question is why was the Stadium deal agreed to by both AFL teams??????????

It cant be said they didn't agree to moving into a multi million $$ facility and relocating their total existence without some idea of what was being offered.

Geelong won both AFL and VFL in 2007.

VFL is a different case I think.

Pretty sure this week Collingwood Reserves beat Geelong Reserves.

Geelong won 2012 and 2007 and Sydney won their division along with Brisbane but Brisbane won overall premierships last year, but none of these clubs claimed towards their tally, My questions is if Port win the SANFL premiership will they claim it towards their tally or is it pointless as Sydney, Brisbane and Geelong have discovered as you cant claim it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back