What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

So its just coincidence that the AFL engineered the Licence sale the same year as they engineered the Oval deal. Yes that is right, the AFL engineered it with the state government. So they effectively gave it to the SANFL with your whole board blaming everyone but the AFL, talk about Warnie, your own club is great at spin doctoring your dumb arse supporters. And as you indicated it was a buy back, The Adelaide Crows and Port Power cant buy back something they never owned, get it right.
You are a simple SANFL puppet. Stephen Rowe? Is that you?

I have no problems in giving my support to the SANFL, I suppose if HaroldOliver and AJJPAFC you hate them so much. Why not just leave the SANFL and be The Power in the AFL only. I couldn't care a less, all these Power supporters bagging the crap out of the SANFL, there is an easy solution. Become that Teal, white and Black team known as the Power. Leave the true South Australian clubs to play their mickey mouse footy, I don't mind. But please don't proclaim to be a historical club when all you will become is a franchise in the juggernaut which is the AFL. Worried more about developing overseas or interstate and corporate $$ than its die hard fans. Talk about spin doctor, one minute Kochie talks about the overseas market and how Port Power want to grow and appeal to corporate Australia, but then does deals which will without doubt sink the Port Magpies forever. PFFFFTT and the supporters eat it up, he is the king of spin doctors.

For what its worth Port wanted to ditch the SANFL when they were headed to the AFL.
The sanfl begged Port to stay around...

Fantastic move on, for some unkown reason Kochie doesnt give that impression, he wants the Magpies around and being in the AFL only that name is lost, with a bigger fish in Collingwood owing that.

For what its worth Port wanted to ditch the SANFL when they were headed to the AFL.
The sanfl begged Port to stay around...
completely wrong, when port entered the afl a vote was taken among the sanfl clubs to whether port should have an sanfl side still, port voted yes.

The team for all South Australians? Hardly. Prima donnas who live in the safety of a bubble? Maybe.

I usually don't mind Big Tex, but these quotes attributed to him following the club’s recent SANFL win against the Roosters are good for a chuckle:

“The way our players were yelled and sworn at was not on,’’ Walker said after Adelaide players were turned on by some North Adelaide fans as they left the field following their four-point win.

“The boys copped a lot of abuse, which was very disappointing.

“It must be remembered that the (SANFL) clubs voted us into the competition, so to be treated this way is disappointing.’’

The short-sighted Chairmans/Presidents/Directors of 6 SANFL clubs voted you in, certainly not the fans of these clubs. Harper’s 98% figure is about as factual as Robbie Chapman’s estimate that the Crows would bring along 4000 supports to every SANFL game. Perhaps if a few of those 4000 attended the match and huddled around the players race to send their boys off those nasty, nasty Roosters fans wouldn't have been able to vent their spleen in such a manner.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ublic_rss&nk=f715a51d6d3e277b66b690a470f48e17

I'm enjoying the Port Adelaide dominance in the SANFL once again. I'm also enjoying the fact that if we do win another SANFL premiership all of those little offended people that don't want us in the league will be furious. While Port Adelaide fans only mildy enjoy it since we have much much bigger things to strive for like the national comp (GAYFL)

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but why don't all the SANFL teams have stubbs here? It just seems weird.

Probably because this is predominantly an AFL sight, or another thought which seems closer to the truth, they post on FB where they are'nt worried about their anonymity, unlike the soft c**k keyboard warriors on here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because this is predominantly an AFL sight, or another thought which seems closer to the truth, they post on FB where they are'nt worried about their anonymity, unlike the soft c**k keyboard warriors on here!

So your saying SANFL fans are those losers you see on your facebook that take to waaaaay to seriously. Every time they post their Facebook friends are like "ohh great here we go". They probably post those attention seeking statuses fishing for comments. Something like this...

Graham Cornes: :(
Friend: Whats wrong mate?
Graham Cornes: Ohh just nothings working out
Friend: I've pmd you

or

Some bays spud: Why are things so hard????????
Friend: Whats wrong bro?
Some bays spud: The port magpies just beat us by 153 points!! Stupid cheats don't deserve to be in our league!
Friend: calm down it's not that bad
Some bays spud: Shut up go watch the gayfl

So your saying SANFL fans are those losers you see on your facebook that take to waaaaay to seriously. Every time they post their Facebook friends are like "ohh great here we go". They probably post those attention seeking statuses fishing for comments. Something like this...

Graham Cornes: :(
Friend: Whats wrong mate?
Graham Cornes: Ohh just nothings working out
Friend: I've pmd you

or

Some bays spud: Why are things so hard????????
Friend: Whats wrong bro?
Some bays spud: The port magpies just beat us by 153 points!! Stupid cheats don't deserve to be in our league!
Friend: calm down it's not that bad
Some bays spud: Shut up go watch the gayfl

So you are one of those Soft C*** keyboard warriors?

Ha ha, GAYFL..........

Keep enjoying your GAYFL

Wandering how the following are working out for you because this is what real footy is all about?

Deciding what song we can sing during or before the game and getting everyone to hold up their scarfs, make sure the MC or Media doesn't turn the volume up to loud, Channel 7 want to hear the Voices singing, maybe we could get the MC and media to organise a Mexican wave at the same time. The spectacle will be great for TV. Oh Yeah then there's the Decibel meter, I blame the MC or should I say Aus Stereo for not telling everyone exactly how loud or when to cheer. But please keep that organised march in order, where the traffic isn't affected.

YEAH REAL FOOTY, Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Give me a BBQ and a tin any day of the week get there when I want and just enjoy a friendly bit of banter with a heap of teams on an equal footing. And you wonder why I call them plastic manufactured franchises. Could the real Port Adelaide please stand up, that's right you have 50000 supporters who claim they are die hard traditional supporters who wouldn't even know who the real Port Adelaide are or should I say were, The Magpies as most see it today are truly dead with maybe 2000-3000 who actually care about who they were and as time goes by that will dwindle quickly, yes the SANFL clubs will have a reduction but because they are still real clubs in a real competition and will retain Diehards and hopefully develop some new diehards who enjoy the local footy.

Things are working out just fine for us thanks , the Port Adelaide football club will be around well past your life time, seems you know so mutch of what happened last night you must have hated sitting thru it all but thanks for watching the GAYFL!

Maybe if you and the rest of your die hard 2800 members put as mutch energy into trying to work out why your club is getting flogged by ten goals every week and why your success rate is that of the English football team you may get some joy from football.

I do get to enjoy banter at the football, their where more bomber fans at the game sitting around me last night than bay's supporters turn up to alberton.

Don't tell us what we think of our club , we love our club and it will live FOREVER... You and you bitching little friends will slowly die of giving you plenty of time to drink your tins at your BBQs

Things are working out just fine for us thanks , the Port Adelaide football club will be around well past your life time, seems you know so mutch of what happened last night you must have hated sitting thru it all but thanks for watching the GAYFL!

Maybe if you and the rest of your die hard 2800 members put as mutch energy into trying to work out why your club is getting flogged by ten goals every week and why your success rate is that of the English football team you may get some joy from football.

I do get to enjoy banter at the football, their where more bomber fans at the game sitting around me last night than bay's supporters turn up to alberton.

Don't tell us what we think of our club , we love our club and it will live FOREVER... You and you bitching little friends will slowly die of giving you plenty of time to drink your tins at your BBQs

Yeah couldn't decide what too watch on the box, just need something to entertain me whilst at home. Maybe next time they could ask the crowd to wear different colors depending where you sit. Or maybe a Gopro on the runners head. Just something else to add to make it more consumer and media friendly because Myth Busters or Top Gear seems a lot more entertaining sometimes. Im sure they could manufacture something else with camera angles or something, they have tried an awful lot though to add to the viewing audiences pleasure.

Were that group of bombers supporters sitting in the North Eastern Pocket, gee what a great spot for them!

Lol

Yeah couldn't decide what too watch on the box, just need something to entertain me whilst at home. Maybe next time they could ask the crowd to wear different colors depending where you sit. Or maybe a Gopro on the runners head. Just something else to add to make it more consumer and media friendly because Myth Busters or Top Gear seems a lot more entertaining sometimes. Im sure they could manufacture something else with camera angles or something, they have tried an awful lot though to add to the viewing audiences pleasure.

Were that group of bombers supporters sitting in the North Eastern Pocket, gee what a great spot for them!

Lol
So you admitted you watch the GAYFL for entertainment , and even Port .

We'll go figure.....

So you admitted you watch the GAYFL for entertainment , and even Port .

We'll go figure.....

No No I was deciding on Myth Busters or Top Gear, I was channel flicking a bit, hopefully there can be some more stuff involved in the coverage. I thought the crowd noise thing was holding my interest but I feel really let down when I read that Aus Stereo was driving it, but I gues thats reality TV at its finest. Like I said maybe a few more distractions will keep my TV entertainment $$$$ captivated. Along with those 50000 Die hard Port Fans that have been watching the Magpies for years.

No No I was deciding on Myth Busters or Top Gear, I was channel flicking a bit, hopefully there can be some more stuff involved in the coverage. I thought the crowd noise thing was holding my interest but I feel really let down when I read that Aus Stereo was driving it, but I gues thats reality TV at its finest. Like I said maybe a few more distractions will keep my TV entertainment $$$$ captivated. Along with those 50000 Die hard Port Fans that have been watching the Magpies for years.
image.jpg
Th rest of the die hard GAYFL posters like your post....( I think).

I enjoy the AFL for what it is. I enjoy the SANFL for what it is. I like and dislike elements of both. I strongly feel as though the AFL ressies shouldnt be in the SANFL, but this debate about the better comp etc is pointless. Apples v Oranges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back