Toast Whatever doesn't kill me will only make me stronger - THE KEEP YA CHIN UP EMPORIUM

Remove this Banner Ad

I think who coaches us is almost a sideshow, ye it's important but it's recruitment ad the need to bring in 4+ AFL quality players each year that will make or break us.

Look at our dafting/recuitment since 2013 and tell me we haven't made significant progress:

2013: Thomas, Docherty, Everitt, Cripps, Sheehan, Byrne
Question marks over Holman & Johnson. The other 5, (excluding Daisy who was brought in for differnt reasons), look to have enough to make a career.

2014: Jaksh, Quetion marks over: Whiley, Boekhorst, Smith, Jones

It's the begginning of list regeneation.

Posted this in the Mick Malthouse thread but I think it belongs here. My view is that for the first time in probably 15 years we brought in 4+ quality players in 2013 offseason and there is every chance we did it again last offseason. if we can average 3 quality Players a year, very quickly a core group emerges.

While I was jumping up and down screaming, DylBucks was all "omg..is it really her?!, someone call security" And Cripps went "shhhh man be cool" the cops are on their way, and yeah

Nothing will be sweeter than our next flag.

This is what sustains me through the shite.

Carlton wins flags; fact. We have had tough times before, we are having one now, and we will probably have one again sometime in the future. But through all of that, Carlton wins flags.

There are a heap of other clubs that can't make this claim...knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is just a pinprick in the distance, makes things a great deal easier to handle.

THIS IS A THREAD OF POSITIVITY

rainbow.jpg
\
Positivity-and-How-To-Change-Your-Life.jpg

positivity.png
CRIPPS%20Patrick.png

DylBucks was all "omg..is it really her?!" And Cripps went "shhhh man be cool" and yeah

Actually Mebbie, DylBucks said you should be sent back for a spell in the sub-boards until you pick up your act and change your username to MDB. Says you need to adapt to the new playing list.

Also, your commitment to him seems to have dropped off significantly since last year, possibly once you signed that contract with Clem Smith's fan club.

This is what sustains me through the shite.

Carlton wins flags; fact. We have had tough times before, we are having one now, and we will probably have one again sometime in the future. But through all of that, Carlton wins flags.

There are a heap of other clubs that can't make this claim...knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is just a pinprick in the distance, makes things a great deal easier to handle.
So hard not to strike down blind optimism on the positivity thread...must..restrain...myself..ahhh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hard not to strike down blind optimism on the positivity thread...must..restrain...myself..ahhh

I don't think it's blind optimism at all.

I'm not saying success is close, far from it. But I'd rather be Carlton than St Kilda or the Bulldogs.

We have had peaks and troughs, as have they...we have 16 flags, they have one each. It is not a coincidence. It was not a fluke that St Kilda couldn't salute when it was well within their grasp. They just don't win flags.

When things turn for us, whenever that is, I trust in our ability to collect the silverware.

Actually Mebbie, DylBucks said you should be sent back for a spell in the sub-boards until you pick up your act and change your username to MDB. Says you need to adapt to the new playing list.

Also, your commitment to him seems to have dropped off significantly since last year, possibly once you signed that contract with Clem Smith's fan club.
This is a thread of joy and light. I shan't engage in this discussion of lies!

spot on SBYM.

When we have our chance, we generally take them.

Exactly. 1993/94 stand as the only aberrations I have witnessed. We played our Grand Final in 1999 a week early...not that I think any of us really care...

Once we got over the Bears in '95...shut the gate...

Look at the 2009 Aints...far and away the best side of the year, but on the big stage...whoops...

Exactly. 1993/94 stand as the only aberrations I have witnessed. We played our Grand Final in 1999 a week early...not that I think any of us really care...

Once we got over the Bears in '95...shut the gate...

Look at the 2009 Aints...far and away the best side of the year, but on the big stage...whoops...

Agree, the bears were actually the 2nd best side, (formwise), going into the 95 finals. Strange system saw 1 vs 8.

I remember watching us lose by about 4 goals to Melbourne in 92, thinking who the hell is this Sexton muppett and how on earth ar we gong to be a good side again. It turns, it always turns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back