What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on in the Bendigo league, half a dozen posts in a week would indicate not much interest or is everyone posting somewhere else? Not one post re interleague.

What is going on in the Bendigo league, half a dozen posts in a week would indicate not much interest or is everyone posting somewhere else? Not one post re interleague.

Its probably not worth talking about. Geelong will probably smash every side in pool b.. Still great to see the elite players of our comp get the recognition they deserve for good starts to the season.
I don't think there are any players in the squad that are not deserving of a spot. Hopefully we get through with no injuries.

Its probably not worth talking about. Geelong will probably smash every side in pool b.. Still great to see the elite players of our comp get the recognition they deserve for good starts to the season.
I don't think there are any players in the squad that are not deserving of a spot. Hopefully we get through with no injuries.

surely bgo are not serious.work commitments my arse.:mad:

looks like Pool C next year for Bendigo Football, unleass a dramatic reversal of form today against West Gippsland........bit embarrassing to see the Murray League take our spot in Div 2..........lets hope they can salvage some pride

Results
Bendigo 3.2.20 lost to Geelong 8.9.57
Bendigo 7.7.49 lost to Mornington Peninsula Nepean 7.10.52

after bendigos results at the weekend maybe the remarks about k/flat and mounts were not far of the mark:confused:

Bit harsh when Geelong is probably as good as any side in Div 1, they were just unlucky to get relegated 2 year ago and now they will head back up to where they belong. losing the other game by 3pts surely isnt disastrous.

Bit harsh when Geelong is probably as good as any side in Div 1, they were just unlucky to get relegated 2 year ago and now they will head back up to where they belong. losing the other game by 3pts surely isnt disastrous.

Geelong O&M and GVFL are probably top three country leagues-Latrobe Valley would be close too. Would be great to see bendigo back up in top div but a bit of work to be done

Geelong O&M and GVFL are probably top three country leagues-Latrobe Valley would be close too. Would be great to see bendigo back up in top div but a bit of work to be done

Too many leagues in the Bendigo area sucking good players out of the Bendigo FL. The results on the weekend give some claim to that. We'd go OK if we had a combined squad of Bendigo, Heathcote and LValley. Jock and Danny mentioned last Monday night on their radio gig.

Strathfeildsaye going alone and sucking more players out of the BFL will lower the standard again.

South and Strath combined (to play in the BFL) is a good move. There's not enough $ around Bendigo to attract ex-AFL players.

Morn Pen had a few, as did Geelong.

Did anyone hear the very public spat between Fresh FM and Bourkey from the Addy last Wednesday night. Fresh FM broadcaster apparently accused Addy of Cash for comments and Bourkey professionally rang up and accused the bloke of sour grapes coz he failed in a job interview last week at the Advertiser.

It was apparently jaw dropping stuff and dented both blokes professional credibility. Maybe the Goat can elaborate on this or is it subject to legal action????

Geelong FL were never relegated from Division 1 anyway they chose to not play Interleague football last year which the VCFL made them come back up through pool B or whatever they call it.

Geelong FL were never relegated from Division 1 anyway they chose to not play Interleague football last year which the VCFL made them come back up through pool B or whatever they call it.

Spot on Max... they were always going to be too strong. think they played a one off game with the ballerine league or something like that didn't they?

Few injures made things a bit worse im sure Sandhursts chances to not win the wodden spoon have taken a hit with Corno likely to be sidelined for a while.

Can anyone tell me if Jim Cail played for geelong on the w/e? I heard some of the game on sat but don't recall hearing his name.

Spot on Max... they were always going to be too strong. think they played a one off game with the ballerine league or something like that didn't they?

Few injures made things a bit worse im sure Sandhursts chances to not win the wodden spoon have taken a hit with Corno likely to be sidelined for a while.

Can anyone tell me if Jim Cail played for geelong on the w/e? I heard some of the game on sat but don't recall hearing his name.

Yeah Jimmy played trickle, kicked a goal i think?

Trickle, whats the go with Leroy's knee, not too bad for Square's sake i hope.

Stocky would've been a good match up for Andrew Williams from Morn.pen.
Williams would've got a bath no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of questions boys with the leagues round Bendigo just wondered the best and worst of the comps. I thought they ranked Bendigo then Loddon Valley the Heathcote.

And with Strath forming a Senior side next year where are they going to get their players from the slags can't even get a twos side together.

bit harsh, i see troy makepece carved up bendigo, why is he not playing at casey scorpions any more?

Couple of questions boys with the leagues round Bendigo just wondered the best and worst of the comps. I thought they ranked Bendigo then Loddon Valley the Heathcote.

And with Strath forming a Senior side next year where are they going to get their players from the slags can't even get a twos side together.
Answer the 1st question Jenna,going by Bendigo performence on the weekend they would have to be the worst out of the 3 leagues.:D
The answer to your 2nd question Strath to join forces with Sandhurst,Sandhurst forget about your history and move on and survive:thumbsu:

Prob looking for a bite but it goes Bendigo, Heathcote then Loddon Valley. You LV people always get way ahead of your self....

Prob looking for a bite but it goes Bendigo, Heathcote then Loddon Valley. You LV people always get way ahead of your self....

Yeah definitely BFL-HDFL-LVFL.

As for the strath team, alot of local lads play in the heathcote league and I can see them wanting to play for their local club and would put their hand up for Strath. It is a very tight knit community and I doubt they will have much trouble getting the locals signing up. It is just a matter of them getting a clearance.

Ok Guy's time for a new thread to start since this one's apprently getting a bit big.

The new one is same name but #2.

Post away.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back