News When is Marley getting sentenced? Announced today!

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF does this even mean?

It has no bearing whatsoever in this case. There are no cultural ambiguities involved to effect this case.

There have been some high profile assault cases here in WA. Punishments are harsh in some cases.

I still think Marley is lucky with a suspended sentence but I won't complain. He has certainly learnt his lesson through the public nature of this case. It will be great to see him playing footy again and moving on with his life.

No need to use such language.
Merely asked question. If you are unable to accept the question at face value and respond in the manner @Five Strings did. Please ignore my post.

Be prepared Pies supporters for moral backlash from every other person that isnt Collingwood.

Marley or the football dont condone what he did, however there has to be a second chance for everyone in life. Im sure Marley will grab it with both hands and make sure he doesnt step off the path again.

Forget the sentence, hes extremely lucky it didnt turn out worse for him on the actual night. So many single punches have had worse case scenario

Forget the sentence, hes extremely lucky it didnt turn out worse for him on the actual night. So many single punches have had worse case scenario
True, but he's also unlucky that a single punch with his non-preferred broke the tosser's jaw. If he was just bruised he probably wouldn't have been charged of any crime.

Be prepared Pies supporters for moral backlash from every other person that isnt Collingwood.

Marley or the football dont condone what he did, however there has to be a second chance for everyone in life. Im sure Marley will grab it with both hands and make sure he doesnt step off the path again.

As a supporter from an opposition Club I would say pay no heed 'haters gonna hate'

Everyone deserves a second chance, it's what you do with the chance that matters.

I'll show myself out now

Yep, already seen "Eddie paid them off", "Collingwood get away with everything" and "A guy breaks someone's jaw and gets off scott free because Collingwood can do what they want" rah rah rah. Sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, already seen "Eddie paid them off", "Collingwood get away with everything" and "A guy breaks someone's jaw and gets off scott free because Collingwood can do what they want" rah rah rah. Sad.
Don't pay any attention to the uneducated flogs.

True, but he's also unlucky that a single punch with his non-preferred broke the tosser's jaw. If he was just bruised he probably wouldn't have been charged of any crime.
Agreed but the single most salient point came from the judges own mouth.

The whole situation wouldn't have happened if the three flogs hadn't tried to make themselves feel big by cornering him in the washroom.

Marley shouldn't have lashed out after and for that he will carry a black mark for life.

But the flogs who started the whole scenario got off scott free in the eyes of the law and are sure to try something similar again, perhaps next time someone will hit the hero's with thier preferred hand??

Agreed but the single most salient point came from the judges own mouth.

The whole situation wouldn't have happened if the three flogs hadn't tried to make themselves feel big by cornering him in the washroom.

Marley shouldn't have lashed out after and for that he will carry a black mark for life.

But the flogs who started the whole scenario got off scott free in the eyes of the law and are sure to try something similar again, perhaps next time someone will hit the hero's with thier preferred hand??

The guy who started this gave Marley some lip and pushed him and got a broken jaw for it.

I have no sympathy for him, but Marley was far more in the wrong here

The guy who started this gave Marley some lip and pushed him and got a broken jaw for it.

I have no sympathy for him, but Marley was far more in the wrong here
We've been down this track before blaze I respect your right to voice your opinion but as you know I prefer the reality of the street and not the drawing room theories - life just isn't cooperative enough at times to allow us to make nice, sensible considered decisions.

Why don't we just steer clear of each other here and not snarl up the thread?

Marley's lawyer today.

"I'm not wearing a tie at all."

tumblr_mcptczjP2e1qzzd6io1_500.png

We've been down this track before blaze I respect your right to voice your opinion but as you know I prefer the reality of the street and not the drawing room theories - life just isn't cooperative enough at times to allow us to make nice, sensible considered decisions.

Why don't we just steer clear of each other here and not snarl up the thread?

If you want to sure, I respect your opinions and I didn't mean what I said to come across as a snarl

I hope more young men (not just those with profiles) heed the Judge's advice - be the better man and walk away. Don't be the coward.
I hope more footballers are less frequent visitors to late night drinking venues: no good will come of it if ya in a drunkards bout.

I hope more young men (not just those with profiles) heed the Judge's advice - be the better man and walk away. Don't be the coward.
Don't be the coward?

That's what you took away from this?

Excuse my ignorance but does 12 month suspended sentence mean that if Marley offends in the next 12 month he goes to jail?

Or that if he re-offends he goes to jail for 12 months? How long is the period he can't re-offend for if this is the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back