Oppo Camp Where Are the Swans At? (Serious Question)

Where are Sydney At?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but even so Schoey isn't in our best 22 on last team selection. When he is he accounts for Reid quite easily.

Reid is no good.

Reid could have been good, he still could. Sydney have completely destroyed him. How the hell do you develop as a player when you have no fewer than three other blokes telling you to get the hell out of the way.

He is so superfluous to their requirements it is ridiculous. Yet he is on a massive 5 year deal and there is no one any good, even a smaller player, to replace him.

Sydney's famed list management is not so good I suspect. I bet they would love to just make Tippett disappear. Would anyone want him for $800k a year?

If they cant find a KPD in the draft or trade period that is any good and a half decent replacement for Malceski they'll struggle to win a flag. Great midfield and forwards, but something tells me the 'Kulcha Club's' Kulcha ain't what it use to be now they got the millionaires.

I see the Swans going exactly the same way as Freo did the year after their "impending dynasty".

Both teams heavily defence centric and ageing squads with heavy reliance upon a few.

Sydney Swans - The Las Vegas of the AFL where fading stars go to die!!!

Yes, that is correct Mr Franklin, that means you too my old [not so] friend!!!

Goodes going on will make decision look foolish by mid year, Malceski squeezed out due to expensive imports [again yes that is you Mr Franklin and Mr Shittruck], any improvement from younger players difficult to be rewarded financially, halo will fade from Mr Franklin as well due to his body not being physically able to handle the same load as he applied this year to impress his new team mates [on authority from fitness staff at HFC, his body will be in decline again next year as his genetics are not capable of maintaining workloads required to maintain level of playing elite - how long ago was 2008?] and mental scars from their stagefright last weekend may last longer than thought as they were the "unbeatables" werent` they?

Port are coming...and we will be there to meet them!!!

They remind me of essendon 2001. On the back of their invincible 2000 season essendon limped into the gf on the back of a 17-5 season and a lucky escape against the mighty hawks. Up by 14 points at half time, They were exposed by the lions in the second half of the gf kicking a mere 4 goals to 10. In 2002 essendon slumped to 5th with only 12 wins and a draw. They have battled ever since.

The end came swiftly for the bombers at a moment when it seemed they were destined for glory. Swans a real chance to do the same.

They remind me of essendon 2001. On the back of their invincible 2000 season essendon limped into the gf on the back of a 17-5 season and a lucky escape against the mighty hawks. Up by 14 points at half time, They were exposed by the lions in the second half of the gf kicking a mere 4 goals to 10. In 2002 essendon slumped to 5th with only 12 wins and a draw. They have battled ever since.

The end came swiftly for the bombers at a moment when it seemed they were destined for glory. Swans a real chance to do the same.

The bombers also started trading players to pay the extra money to Hird, Fletcher, Lloyd, Misiti, and Lucas.
They traded away Soloman, Hardwick, Heffernan, Jacobs, Morecroft, Blumfield and Caracella because of salary cap pressure.

Swans were very fortunate with injuries this year. 21 players played 19 or more games out of possible 25. (By comparison Hawks had 15).

Richards, Rampe and Grundy played every game, Buddy 23, Reid and Goodes 20, so managed to keep the structure quite in tact. Only Tippett with 14 games missed a significant chunk.

Very little depth in ruck and key position especially in defense.

If they suffer a significant injury toll, and for arguments sake, lose Pyke, Richards and Grundy for periods, they will struggle.

Malceski is a huge loss. Big question mark on Jetta. Shaw will be 33 next year so could slow down.

Really need Rohan and Reid to step up.

If any Swans supporter wants further proof of how selfish A Goodes is, then look no further than his decision to go around again and his media grab with it.

It was all about 'ME', 'ME', 'ME" and 'ME'....let's forget about the young players that can't get a game and play this self serving, self interest, egocentric, egotistical testicle instead...

If any Swans supporter wants further proof of how selfish A Goodes is, then look no further than his decision to go around again and his media grab with it.

It was all about 'ME', 'ME', 'ME" and 'ME'....let's forget about the young players that can't get a game and play this self serving, self interest, egocentric, egotistical testicle instead...
Complete contrast to Sewelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weak club. We had the strength of conviction to not offer Sewell a contract (which would have been tough) where Sydney failed to tap goodes on the shoulder. Sewell would have played on too if we gave him the chance.

Am I allowed to like this post?

Weak club. We had the strength of conviction to not offer Sewell a contract (which would have been tough) where Sydney failed to tap goodes on the shoulder. Sewell would have played on too if we gave him the chance.

No one would have wanted to be the bad guy who had to tell Sewell his time was up. The only consolation would have been that knowing the kind of person Sewell is, you would have known how he'd take it.

Am I allowed to like this post?

Did I just read that...

images

Don't do it Adam Goodes....

NOOOOOOOOOOO

thatsracist.gif

Great now Spangher's upset.

upload_2014-10-9_1-13-43.jpeg

Way to go Adam Goodes you douche.

That's just ******* great.

Lamumba looks like Kanye West there. I hate Kanye West.

As for Syndey - they will be back at the top of the table, no doubt. Potent forward-line (lacking a small forward however) and a brilliant midfield will see to that.

Their backline is where there is cause for concern though. Richards, Grundy and Smith are all quality backmen, though with the former two creeping up in age (shouldn't affect Grundy yet).

Rampe, I believe, is a developing very quickly into quality defender too... It's the other two positions that need to be looked at.

I think if they keep Reid then he will be moved to CHB as he cannot cut it at AFL level as a forward with Buddy and Tippet around. Richards/Grundy can play the 3rd tall.

They desperately need a replacement for Shaw, who was diabolical in the GF and really plays as a headless chicken. Time and time again he just got the ball and kicked it with little-to-no thought as to where it would end up. You put pressure on their backline and Shaw will go to water.

Malceski is a big loss and whilst McVeigh has the skills/kicking to fill the void as the designated user from the back 6, he doesn't have the same defensive ability. Plus I feel he is a little soft. His game during the GF was horrendous too, but he does have runs on the board and has become a very good player these last few seasons.

Anyhow, unless something drastic happens I don't see them finishing any lower than 3rd next season.

Well, they're COLA-less now, and have had their trades restricted by the AFL.

So, where are the Swans at? There in a place called 'a spot of bother'.

Back