• Wing

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Forward

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Back

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems almost a foregone conclusion that Jack Martin will get the rising star nomination this week.

But it comes as a bit of a double edged sword. If he had of not played today he would have been eligible to win the Rising Star next year but now he is over the 10 game limit by 1 game :(

Seems almost a foregone conclusion that Jack Martin will get the rising star nomination this week.

But it comes as a bit of a double edged sword. If he had of not played today he would have been eligible to win the Rising Star next year but now he is over the 10 game limit by 1 game :(
Mickey Mouse award anyway

tbh I'm not even sure what that means

already been announced. Great game by jack love watching him play image.jpg

He just looks so weird (not in a bad way) in a contest. He just floats. Its like he levitates to the ball. And his hands are so clean

The interesting thing for me Suns is that what he did today could have been lifted from his scouting highlights reel.
The floating overhead marks, the speed, the accuracy by foot.
Hopefully it will continue
I'm sure Melbourne would have loved just one similar game over the past 3 or 4 years from Jack Watts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rule of thumb
You get spanked by 10 goals you're not getting Brownlow votes
Gary says no. ;)

Jack a chance for 1 vote. Umpires award based on your ability to get seen. If they're not seeing Jack then you've got to be blind.

A 30-40 goal a year clever half forward and one that changes games.
2-3 pre seasons later and into the midfield while GAJ slots into a pocket.
That shark from the pack and left foot pass to Bennell who didn't break stride was just all class. He will be a freak.
As was the shark off the pack and handball to Matera for a goal at the other end. Happened so fast I had to watch it again to see who it was. People will go to the footy just to see blokes like Jack light it up. A one man highlight reel.

As was the shark off the pack and handball to Matera for a goal at the other end. Happened so fast I had to watch it again to see who it was. People will go to the footy just to see blokes like Jack light it up. A one man highlight reel.
And the vertical jump for that mark where his opponent thought he'd misjudged the flight in the last. Even the commentators marvelled at his leap.

OK. I'll put this out there just because I believe in defence. We have attack. Games are won by just 1 point. If you can defend a score, you will win.

Scoring points isn't our problem. Stopping the opposition is a problem. We haven't really got that many good defenders. I love Harbrow. Fight. The boy has fight.

Jack Martin as a small defender would be a digger in the trenches. So hard to score against. Good enough to win ball against good forwards and send the ball back before the crowd stopped saying 'WOW'!

Jack Martin a small defender, when the situation calls for it. Big games against high scoring teams.

My 2c.

Edit. I voted Back, but it wont let me.....

Last edited:
OK. I'll put this out there just because I believe in defence. We have attack. Games are won by just 1 point. If you can defend a score, you will win.

Scoring points isn't our problem. Stopping the opposition is a problem. We haven't really got that many good defenders. I love Harbrow. Fight. The boy has fight.

Jack Martin as a small defender would be a digger in the trenches. So hard to score against. Good enough to win ball against good forwards and send the ball back before the crowd stopped saying 'WOW'!

Jack Martin a small defender, when the situation calls for it. Big games against high scoring teams.

My 2c.

hmm...

My 2c.

no

I thought it would be interesting to revisit this thread now. Martin has been played predominantly as a half forward this year that sometimes pushes up into the midfield. Despite several poor team performances, Martin has been very good this year. Deserves more credit.

Half forward flank because he can jump and is a goal snitch. Harbrow for example is a great wing, backs himself and will back Martin. Harbrow is one of the few Bluey hasn't ruined. Harbrow will back him by kicking 1 on 1... as should be what all our team does instead of this safety 1st handball to blokes 10m away, when we should be kicking 35m to 1 on 1 contests. FFS back eachother!!!

Last edited:
I would not be happy kicking 35m to a 1 on 1 contest.

We should be kicking to Jack on the lead or using him as a 3rd man up marking over a wrestling Lynch/
Dixon. See Jamie Elliott Collingwood - similar forward line athletic attributes.

Back