Opinion Where would Miles be in our B&F over the last 6 rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Spurs, 49ers, SF Giants, GS Warrio
I was having a bit of a look at the statistics this morning and noted AM's ranking in s o many of the key statistical categories. As a result I started to ponder if he would in fact be a leading contender if there was a count just over the games he has played since coming in this year. My view is he wouldn't be too far off the lead

For the record I understand stats aren't everything, the numbers below aren't comprehensive and highlight his areas of strength and don't highlight the outside game of Dusty and Ellis or the defensive elements of Rance and 6 games doesn't make a season. For mine over however, over this period I would ranking the players something like

Rance
Cotch
Miles
Dusty
Ellis

We will all have our own opinions and maybe I view his style with rosier colored glasses than some.

I guess I am pointing out what an outstanding contributor he has been since joining the senior team.

AM's Stats and rankings

Kicks - Avg 13 - 5th behind Dusty (18), Ellis (17.2), Cotch (16.3) and Houli (14.2)
Handballs - Avg 13 - 4th behind Thomas (14), Ellis (13.5), Cotch (13.2)
Disposals - Avg 26 - 4th behind Ellis, Cotch and Dusty
Contested Poss - Avg 11.3 - 1st followed by Cotch (11) Thomas (9.7), Sheds (9.7), Lids (8.5) and Dusty (8)
Disp Eff % - Avg 70.75% - 17th but ahead of Ellis, Cotch and Dusty
Clangers - Avg 2.3 - 12th but in line with Cotch (2.2) and better than Ellis (2.8) and Dusty (5.2)
Marks - Avg 3.3 - 17th - behind all the better midfield performers by at least 1 mark per game
Clearances - Avg 6.5 - 1st - 1.3 ahead of Sheds and 2 ahead of Cotch
Cntr Clearances - Avg 2.7 - 1st - 0.4 ahead of Cotch, 1.0 ahead of Sheds and M Thomas
Stoppages - Avg 3.8 - 1st - 0.3 ahead of Sheds and 1.3 ahead of Ivvy, 1.6 ahead of Cotch and Dusty
Tackles - Avg 5.0 - 2nd to Petts on 5.5 but 1 ahead of Sheds and 1.2 ahead of Cotch, 2 ahead of Dusty, 2.7 ahead of Ellis

Has been awesome for my dreamteam picked him up for half the price of cotch/dusty, in 6 games now he's worth almost as much as them. :D Almost on par with some of the best mids in the comp stats wise. Needs to work on his disposal a bit but he's already got a pretty solid kick. By far our best recruit this season, should have been playing from round 1.

Over the last 6 rounds, I'd have him comfortably in the top 5, maybe even top 3. Hope he can carry that form for the remaining games.

I'd have him in the top 3 with Rance and Martin, with the order difficult to say.

Contested possessions, clearances, stoppages and tackles but also comes with defensive spread (which has no stat) and has kicked 3 goals. Awesome. I'd love to see him can keep this rolling and play 100 plus games the same way.

I'd have him in the top 3 with Rance and Martin, with the order difficult to say.

Contested possessions, clearances, stoppages and tackles but also comes with defensive spread (which has no stat) and has kicked 3 goals. Awesome. I'd love to see him can keep this rolling and play 100 plus games the same way.

Strange thing to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back