Most Hated Club/Biggest Rivalry - Who Is It?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment Essendon. The deliberate way they've gone about cheating is astounding and the way their supporters still think their club has done nothing wrong is incredibly grating.

Haha - seriously.

Carlton are our Lex Luthor to our Superman, our Foreman to our Ali, our Guy in Chicken Suit to our Peter Griffin.

To suggest anyone else even comes close is laughable.

Only two results that matter every week - collingwood win and Carlton loss. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to be strapped down at the Westpac Centre and 're-educated'.

Pretty hard to split them but it will always be Carlton for me.

The Blues are silver tail wannabe's who will cheat, rort and stop at nothing to beat the hard working success of others because they think they are better/more privileged than anyone else and therefore deserve it.

Essendon, are drug cheats and I would be happy if they were destroyed and expunged from the AFL records over it, with Hird and Reid going to jail for good measure.

Haha - seriously.

Carlton are our Lex Luthor to our Superman, our Foreman to our Ali, our Guy in Chicken Suit to our Peter Griffin.

To suggest anyone else even comes close is laughable.

Only two results that matter every week - collingwood win and Carlton loss. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to be strapped down at the Westpac Centre and 're-educated'.

I honestly couldn't care less what happens to Carlton from week-to-week.

Is there another club you do hate?

As I said earlier, Adelaide would probably be the team I dislike most, and even then, it's not "hate" just a mild dislike that's been there at varying levels for around 15 years.

For me, there's Collingwood, the team I support, then there's the other teams, that I don't support. The others aren't any more likeable or dislikeable than each other IMO.

For me at the moment it's Essendon (Effen-dumb, Effen-scum). Two reasons, drugs and my brother in law (BIL). When it comes to football, the BIL is THE complete flog, he's about 45, but acts like a 4.5 y.o. Even to the point that he got my 5 year old when I wasn't around, put him in a bummers guernsey even took a photo, complete slimebag and something I'll never EVER forgive him for. That is as low an act football related that anyone can pull, to exploit the innocence of my son like that. s**t act by a s**t person.

On drugs I will say this; I've calmly thought it over, and I firmly believe Hird (Tird) should be banned from AFL football for life, and his membership in AFL's hall of fame reviewed. The club should have received harsher sanctions as they've completely overshadowed the sport forever.

/rant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said earlier, Adelaide would probably be the team I dislike most, and even then, it's not "hate" just a mild dislike that's been there at varying levels for around 15 years.

For me, there's Collingwood, the team I support, then there's the other teams, that I don't support. The others aren't any more likeable or dislikeable than each other IMO.
No probs - I hate Adelaide too, don't get me wrong.

For me it is Carlton, then 16 other teams I hate like Adelaide and all the others. But that is just my old school prejudices I suppose. I'm getting old mate

I agree it is a demographic thing no doubt.

My brother hates Hawthorn with a passion, a lot of Hawthorn fans around his age and he has to deal with their arrogance all the time, there are also younger Collingwood fans the despise Brisbane and Geelong more than they hate Essendon or Carlton.

I don't think we will see the rivalry heat come back until we see another Collingwood/Carlton Grand Final and the AFL will do all they can to stop that ever happening again. The AFL know these two Clubs are ultimately so far ahead of the others in the rivals stakes it isn't funny and if both Clubs are up at the same time the power we will have will be almost unstoppable.

My campaigner of an ex-wife and her campaigner family go for Essendon.

My brother missed 1990 because Essendon supporters used to spit on him at the footy & abuse him. He was 7 at the time.

Essendon are a disgrace & should have been booted after their injections rubbish. Has ruined a few years' worth of good footy.

Hird deserves to be shot. Interestingly, David R-J was saying on the TV yesterday that he should never be allowed to coach again. Echoing the words of one Jeff Kennett. Never thought I'd agree with either of them, but here we are.

That being said, my hate for Essendon pales in significance for the cheating folks at VISY.

So, I lodge a vote for Carlton & by the length of Jimmy Hird's ego

My campaigner of an ex-wife and her campaigner family go for Essendon.

My brother missed 1990 because Essendon supporters used to spit on him at the footy & abuse him. He was 7 at the time.

Essendon are a disgrace & should have been booted after their injections rubbish. Has ruined a few years' worth of good footy.

Hird deserves to be shot. Interestingly, David R-J was saying on the TV yesterday that he should never be allowed to coach again. Echoing the words of one Jeff Kennett. Never thought I'd agree with either of them, but here we are.

That being said, my hate for Essendon pales in significance for the cheating folks at VISY.

So, I lodge a vote for Carlton & by the length of Jimmy Hird's ego
funniest first sentence to a post I have ever read. lmoa. Tell us what you really think

I am filthy with what Essendon has done in the last few years but i still hate Carlton more. I really enjoy Carlton losing to anyone, don't care who they play. At games i find Hawthorn supporters up there with the worst

Looking at the poll makes me shudder. Collingwood has the worst rivals in the AFL.

I look at Hawthorn vs Geelong and Port vs Adelaide. Then I look at what we are stuck with.

I picked Essendon. Even pre supplement saga. Their supporters are not only unbearable, but so is the club. I've always found them to be the only threat to challenge our status as the biggest club in the AFL. That threat has gone away now :p

I think it would be 50-50 between Carlton-Essendon with those of us born late 80s-90s and beyond. It would largely depend on what aspect a person cares about. Traditionalists vs modern.

Carlton has largely been irrelevant for a while now. I still hate them, but I don't really care much about them to be honest. A win vs them is more of a given nowadays.

I have always hated Carlton the most particularly since 1979 & 1981 Grand Finals.
Cheating bastards bought flags.
I have an AFL membership and have been going to a lot of neutral games (which includes the 2 mentioned) with friends and have softened :confused::rolleyes:.
Carlton and Essendon used to be my most hated clubs but of late Hawthorn have overtaken them.
I just cannot stand their supporters. They are the biggest smart asses.
I've never been provoked by any supporters but Hawthorn supporters love provoking opposition supporters.
It's got to the stage that I rarely go to any of their games in fear that I will belt someone.
Everyone reckons we are feral - based on media hype, myth and everyone's hate towards us.
Unfortunately, we have timid supporters.
It would be great if we were like everyone makes us out to be !

Carlton for me! I hate them so so much I'm actually barracking for them to win a few more games so they get a worse draft pick. How confused am I when I'm watching them?

Rather them get pick 7-9 rather than top 5. Another 2 or 3 wins max in between a nice flogging or 2 to enjoy.

Don't get me wrong I hate essendon too, but not to that extent.

As a matter of fact, I hate all teams especially when they beat us, but I get over it quicker than when we lose to the scum.

Back