Analysis Which players will show the greatest improvement over 2015?

Which players will show the greatest improvement over 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Seedsman.

We as a team need him to provide that run that he has. We look a much quicker team (which isn't hard to improve upon) when he is playing.

For mine I feel Josh Thomas is about to go man-mode.

He will be an absolute contested beast with Judd like break away speed. After the last couple of injury ravaged seasons he has finally had a full preseason (apart from his hand injury) and starts this year with so much to prove. He will change minds and cement himself as our premier clearance winner this year.

Honorable mentions to Ben Kennedy and Tommy Langdon.

Kennedy,Seedsman, Broomhead and Marsh i'm hoping all have a solid year improving

Grundy and Adams had very Promising Starts:thumbsu:
Both were under huge expectations last season, lets hope they continue where they started. Love the aggression and heart they bring to the game.

Just noticed sidey got 0 votes. He may not show the greatest improvement but may be one of the most significant if can lift to elite. signs are there.

Both were under huge expectations last season, lets hope they continue where they started. Love the aggression and heart they bring to the game.

Just noticed sidey got 0 votes. He may not show the greatest improvement but may be one of the most significant if can lift to elite. signs are there.[/QUOTE

You are on the money I reckon Sidebottom after a few games back will replace Beams and get close to elite .
His improvement has greater weighting and importance to the team . Grundy hit 2015 with a bang best game since his debut amd will only get better .

Just noticed sidey got 0 votes. He may not show the greatest improvement but may be one of the most significant if can lift to elite. signs are there.

2nd That. Hope it’s the Start of a Big Season for those 2

Who got the votes?

As improvement goes, that was a big step for Jesse White. 7 marks = a target. Moved well. Pleasing thing was he actually looked like he was enjoying his footy.
Looking forward to seeing what his remodelled carcass delivers on the G in a few weeks.

I know it only omne game in but this can be a great development year, I can see Sinclair, Grundy, Crisp, Langdon, Broomhead, Fasolo and Kennedy all stepping up this year.

This week will be a test for where we are at and hopefully the players will be rewarded for good form and the competition within for spots will start to fast track our development

Glad Bucks has appeared to alter last year's style and our in close transition really stood out for mine.

Lowering the eyes also was great, Cloke was awesome up the field and introducing Gault will be handy too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This

Steelo was immense, he looks so poised and is a danger when he gets inside 50.

His leadership seems to have stepped up too which is good to see.

Hoping he is not out too long as he would be a front runner for B+F this year and hopefully AA

I've caught something from Dave, and so Grundy caught my eye the other night and now seems like a very determined beast. He might be a bit spent for this week, but I think his year will be a fine one. It will be interesting to see how Witts and Grundy share (or don't share) the burdens of rucking.

I'm unsure about Ramsay and BK and PK. I've watched PK at VFL level, and the distance between what he produces there and what he can bring to an AFL game seems too big for him. Taylor Adams is the one who seems most primed to make up for a disappointing 2014, and despite some off-field indiscretions he also seems determined to be an emerging leader. Jesse White is another one who I think can string some decent games together. He played a smart game the other night, and he's evidently worked himself hard over the pre-season. Finally, maybe Marley Williams can give us something. He didn't set the world ablaze on Saturday, but I think he did a reasonable job. His game was perhaps more purely defensive than rebounding, but he looked good to my eye. If he can put the hell that was last year behind him, and if he wants to serve the club which supported him through all of that hell, then I think he'll get back to some earlier form.

But actually, we need a critical mass of players to step up/step forward this year, and for older types to return to former glories: the new draftees (give me more), the older draftees (Freeman and Shaz), Reid, Fasolo, Cloke, Swan... And so far I feel just fine about things.

Back