Opinion Who has the least promising list?

Remove this Banner Ad

No one believes there side is the worst in the comp, regardless if they finish last or not.In my opinion the eagles have the worst list, I just can't see where the eagles are heading, and that team someone posted on the last page was downright terrible, easily the worst in the afl.

This is ridiculous.

Rich - Rising Star.
Redden - 2010 Rising Star nomination.
Banfield - 2010 Rising Star nomination.
Rockliff - Top 3 of the 2010 Rising Star.
Cornelius - Absolute gun.
Harwood - Contested possession machine.
Hanley - Maturing very nicely playing in defense.

Proof that users here don't know s**t about interstate teams.

plus we get compensation picks for Rischitelli, Brennan and Sherman

Cleaned up in the 06 draft.

Cleaned up in 08.

Cleaned up in 09.

And now that we've been voted least promising list on BigFooty we're all set for a crack at the flag as early as next year.

Brisbane and the Bulldogs for me.

I dont rate the Dogs list as real promising but i do believe Essendon do have a more promising list than many think, as they have their young stocks of key position players.
I do not see the Dons having any future problems topping up their midfield.

Cleaned up in the 06 draft.

Cleaned up in 08.

Cleaned up in 09.

And now that we've been voted least promising list on BigFooty we're all set for a crack at the flag as early as next year.

Brisbane and the Bulldogs for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you crazy? Port Adelaide havent got the list to challenge for the flag next year.....I'm a North supporter and we have a much better list then yours and we WILL play finals next year but not quite challenge for the flag...........can you please enlighten me on how your club is going to challenge 4 the flag next year.

BTW the only reason you "cleaned up" in those drafts u mentioned is becoz all the top 5-10 picks you had in those drafts which is nothing to be proud of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you crazy? Port Adelaide havent got the list to challenge for the flag next year....
wat.

I was joking, you know, because most people on BigFooty are clueless and usually get this kind of stuff completely wrong everytime a poll thread from a few years back is bumped :D

Potential means nothing anyway, and you're wasting your time arguing over who has the most or the least.

Ok, so North have a good young list yea? Well either they fail to deliver or they go on with it, but if they do go on with it, so what? Cunnington could be the next Hodge, Hansen could be the next Franklin, Ziebel the next Sewell, Burgoyne, etc. and you can still finish mid table 2 years in a row.

You need PERFORMANCE (Not potential) a gameplan that is hard to beat, a balanced list and a bit of luck.

And no, North is not a long way ahead of Port, they're probably a year behind where we're at. Pointless arguing it though because it's boring as batshit and you wouldn't know anything about our list anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Historically how many teams drop out from the 8 and replaced by a bottom 8 side? Isn't it 1 or 2 at the most? I would love to see Port as one of those but it may be a tough stretch next season, but 2012 gawd I hope so.

Spot on. :thumbsu:
I mean who rates spuds like Dangerfield, Tippet, Taylor Walker, Vince, Porplyzia, Thompson, Davis, Otten, Johncock, Rutten, Douglas, Knights, Jaensch, Mackay, Van Berlo.
Bottom 4, more likely bottom 2. ;) :thumbsu:

forgot to mention Jacobs, LukeThompson, Henderson, Sloane, Talia, McKernan and Gunstan

yeah we have definitely stock piled a bunch of young spuds in recent years :rolleyes:

forgot to mention Jacobs, LukeThompson, Henderson, Sloane, Talia, McKernan and Gunstan

yeah we have definitely stock piled a bunch of young spuds in recent years :rolleyes:

Every club can name a long list of untried, or semi untried players, who knows how those players will turn out!

Port's list future is a case of 'out of sight, out of mind' more than anything.

Look no further than GWS recruitment manager Neville Stibbard was was surprised we didn't take a tall forward this year, "wtf I thought they'd wanna replace Tredrea??!!11 rofl o_O", completely ignoring the fact we took John Butcher with our first pick the year before.

Truth is, each of the 17 clubs can point to a list of names aged 17-22 and make a case as to why they're going to be the next Harlem Globetrotters in five years' time.

Essendon got Hurley @5 and now Heppell @8 so who gives a f##K
I Love being a Bomber!
Go you BOMBERS!
thatz what AFL is about!

Don't underestimate the Eagles.
Have picked up 5 good young players at last 2 drafts to add to their inexperienced list.
WCE, Richmond , Essendon & Melbourne will have their turn on the Merry Go Round that is the AFL Ladder as other teams slide due to lack of good draft picks.
The WC Eagles are only 2 to 3 good midfielders off being a competivive side.
Any one or two of Gaff,Shuey,Masten,Stevens,Swift,Ebert,Selwood and Weedon should provide this. A fit Kerr and Priddis are a bonus.
Remember in 2001 they also had the worst list in the AFL.
Also it took Geelong and Collingwood about six years to build their premiership teams.

Can someone explain why the bulldogs are in bad shape?

Ignorance is the only reason for a statement like this. Dogs aren't going anywhere.

Oldies - Hall (34) Hudson (32) Gilbee, Hargrave (29) Lake, Gia, Murphy, Boyd, Morris (28)

Lake is the most important one of them, and says he has 6 years left in him. If we can get 4 more that would be great. No cause for concern yet.

Cross (27) Cooney, Minson? (25) Griffen, Williams, Picken, Sherman (24) all have many years ahead of them.

Higgins (23) Stack, Hill (22) Grant, Wood, Reid (21) and Ward (20!) will continue to improve.

The future - Roughead will be a gun and replace Hudson. Jones i see as CHB material in a partnership with Williams in KP defence, or at full forward. 4 first round draftees in Cordy, Howard, Wallis and Libba will be pushing some of the old folks out by the end of this year.

2014 Dogs

B: Howard Lake Wood
HB: Picken Williams Jones
C: Griffen Ward Wallis
HF: Sherman Grant Higgins
F: Stack Cordy Hill
R: Roughead Cross Cooney

Giansiracusa and Morris may still be able to get a gig at 31.

Add Minson, Libba, Vezpremi, Djerrkura, Hooper, Tutt? in addition to any draft picks from now on should see us in good shape still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back