Moved Thread Who was/is the better player. Gary Ablett jnr or Dustin Martin?

Who's the better player Gary jnr or Dusty?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe a Geelong player (although you can argue he’s a Sun) is winning on Polls Board, im Flabobasted Robbo style

Equal to me. GOAT H&A player v GOAT Finals player. Whatever you prefer, both better than Judd.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And all five are better than Martin.

Wait till the Dusty nostalgia kicks in. Dustys bad games are still fresh in people minds, people have forgetten the bad games of those previous players.

The poll is way out of whack. Anyone that wins 3xNorm Smiths is one of the greatest of all time. It's only because he's still playing that people don't recognize that.
Ablett is better than Voss and Judd but Martin wins you big finals time after time.

If you are playing a GF Dusty is the first picked. If that doesn’t make you one of the best players ever idk what does. AFL record holders are the ones that get the statues at the G, GAJ and Dusty will imo. Dunno about the rest that haven’t already got them.

Don’t disagree that Ablett is better but he’s disloyal and a more annoying human being so I’d pick Dusty 9/10 times

Imagine being a 18yo draftee at Gold Coast and getting preached religion by your captain 🤣

Don’t disagree that Ablett is better but he’s disloyal and a more annoying human being so I’d pick Dusty 9/10 times

Imagine being a 18yo draftee at Gold Coast and getting preached religion by your captain 🤣
Id say most of them would need to go to confession after a night out on Cavill Ave most weekends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disloyal… geez louise.
Gave some of his best years and 2 flags to the club he loves.

If I’ve got a struggling side that needs somebody to set an on-field example and routinely rack up quality touches week-in, week out then I’m picking GAJ.

If I’ve got a club that makes finals most years but lacks a game breaker to win them, then it’s Dusty every time.

Not sure you can really pick a “better” player out of the two, but since success in this game is about winning grand finals I reckon Dusty is the marginally more valuable one.

They are different players, anyway. Dusty is a HF who is a big game player and imo has more X factor. Whereas Ablett is a pure mid that is more consistent/better in H&A and more of a stats man but not in a bad way.

surprised you didn’t dislike the post like normal

I respect you more because I know you wouldn’t leave the GFC, Gero!
You get offered 2mil and you’d leave also. Still a Geelong legend, and the best of his generation.

So you are saying we should’ve got dusty in 2012. Would’ve won in 2013, 2016, 2019 and 2020. I don’t believe 2017 would’ve been a win
I’m not sure I’d quite go to the extent of saying “if team X had had Dusty they would have won X,Y,Z”, there’s too many other variables at play. But in finals he’s a huge asset, that much is indisputable

I think when I was a small kid, he was more a forward. hard to forget the guy with the blonde hair.

From what I’ve heard he went their later in his career. Maybe cats fans on here can confirm this.

Disloyal… geez louise.
Gave some of his best years and 2 flags to the club he loves.

That’s why 1 club players are highly valued. They give up hundreds of thousands of dollars to stay at the club.

If I’ve got a struggling side that needs somebody to set an on-field example and routinely rack up quality touches week-in, week out then I’m picking GAJ.

If I’ve got a club that makes finals most years but lacks a game breaker to win them, then it’s Dusty every time.

Not sure you can really pick a “better” player out of the two, but since success in this game is about winning grand finals I reckon Dusty is the marginally more valuable one.

One of the most reasonable posts I’ve seen on BF 100% correct.

From what I’ve heard he went their later in his career. Maybe cats fans on here can confirm this.

IIRC Art Vandelay_ is about 5 years older than me therefore has seen the entirety of Gaj’s career. He can answer this (since he’s already in here) but he’s not usually the helpful type

IIRC Art Vandelay_ is about 5 years older than me therefore has seen the entirety of Gaj’s career. He can answer this but he’s not usually the helpful type
s**t im 41 but this makes me feel like a geriatric . Yeah Gaz played mostly forward early until the infamous leading teams meeting when they told him he should be their Judd. So he did

Back