Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Any Colling fans legitimately thinking they will be better in 2024 at this point?

Or has this thread turned into a “we were better in 1872” kind of shitfight..?
Oh you poor disillusioned little man.

Even though you are on top of the world because of the big scalps of Nth and Richmond, I must tell you, there is such a long way to go.

We said it last year and everyone came at us hard. Fair to say we were proved correct.
All we have to do is qualify. 14 wins.
We will then see you in the next season, which is called finals.

Now I do understand that you had a taste of this last year, for the first time in what must feels like forever.
But I am confident we will get there, then I think we all know what will happen then.
You will s**t the bed again and want the coach sacked like most years :D.

Dont worry though, you still have a few more months to beat your chest and feel like a winner.

See you in September (if you are good enough to not just get to finals but also keep winning them).

Oh you poor disillusioned little man.

Even though you are on top of the world because of the big scalps of Nth and Richmond, I must tell you, there is such a long way to go.

We said it last year and everyone came at us hard. Fair to say we were proved correct.
All we have to do is qualify. 14 wins.
We will then see you in the next season, which is called finals.

Now I do understand that you had a taste of this last year, for the first time in what must feels like forever.
But I am confident we will get there, then I think we all know what will happen then.
You will s**t the bed again and want the coach sacked like most years :D.

Dont worry though, you still have a few more months to beat your chest and feel like a winner.

See you in September (if you are good enough to not just get to finals but also keep winning them).
Not concerned about your form at the moment?
Oldest team presented this weekend, and scrapped a win against an undermanned Hawthorn side missing a big chunk of their list.
I'd be a tad worried if the next month doesn't produce any convincing results

Carlton ( 4-0)

Adelaide
GWS
Geelong
Collingwood
Melbourne
Sydney
GC
Port

Collingwood ( 1-3)

Port
Essendon
Carlton
West Coast
Adelaide

Fremantle
Doggies
Melbourne

Plenty of opportunity for LOL's at each other's expense coming up! Game #3 after Ciollingwood's bye - oh boy!

Double up games look interesting

Carlton: Collingwood, Geelong, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond

Collingwood: Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Sydney Swans

Even ish?
Probably four top 10 teams in both lists so about even.

Reckon has 2022 vibes.

That year even at R9 Carlton had 3 wins on us, but couldnt get it done.

Very looooong season.
Still very early days but don’t see how this is the same situation.

In that season for the first half of the season we were completely reliant on just smoking teams in the middle with Cripps being dominant.

We were a very one dimensional footy team and teams soon figured that out.

Also were constantly giving up runs of goals which were early ominous signs for some of the late season collapses.

The team has become much more well rounded since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not concerned about your form at the moment?
Oldest team presented this weekend, and scrapped a win against an undermanned Hawthorn side missing a big chunk of their list.
I'd be a tad worried if the next month doesn't produce any convincing results
Same team scrapped wins over dud teams last year and won a flag

k4hEXK.gif

Oh wait ...

They have a Bye :tearsofjoy:

How's the Serenity?

Does anybody know where I can get one of those Carlton guernseys with the AFL's "Golden Reminder" patch on it....you know the one you get when you win the AFL premiership? I know Collingwood's jumper has one on it this year but I wanted to get the Blue one for a bloke that has everything. Apparently the Blues ones are super rare.....anybody???

How's the Serenity?

Does anybody know where I can get one of those Carlton guernseys with the AFL's "Golden Reminder" patch on it....you know the one you get when you win the AFL premiership? I know Collingwood's jumper has one on it this year but I wanted to get the Blue one for a bloke that has everything. Apparently the Blues ones are super rare.....anybody???
Send me your money mate and I'll get it to you by the second week in October 2024.

How's the Serenity?

Not so rare, plenty to go around for us old blokes enjoying an ale in a country venue

Not so rare, plenty to go around for us old blokes enjoying an ale in a country venue

And I concur Mr Arrow. Now if we could just get the youngsters in here to keep the "banter" to mid sixties Princess Park or Viccy Park outer banter we'd all still be able to have a laugh. Too many "warriors" (on both sides) trying to gain some kind of invisible internet oneupmanship by out "BS ing" each other. Our two clubs have had the greatest rivalry of any in VFL now AFL history. But we've always respected each other and let the matches tell the story. 2024 appears to me at least to be a year where your Bluebaggers will take next steps. Whether that ends up with the major prize no-one will know for the next 5 months but none would argue that you don't have the wherewithall. How we would love to have our two bookends (Murphy and McStay) but alas it appears we'll have to battle through this season without them both.

I dips me hat to you all.

Back