Who will be the last team to be beaten by GC and GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn and West Coast.

Of these teams Gold Coast play: Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon and West Coast
And GWS play: Adelaide, Fremantle, Geelong

I think Gold Coast will start favourites V West Coast up there in round 23, Probably V Essendon round 22, and will push Geelong a long way this week. Hawks will be too strong, and I don't see GWS getting up over their opponents

Geelong And then there were 5. West Coast, Essendon, Fremantle, Adelaide and Hawthorn.

Gold Coast should beat us at home later this year, should take care of Essendon too. Will beat Adelaide next time they meet and it'll be down to Hawks and Freo to hold out. I think they'll both make it until 2016.

In five years they will go on to have about 6-8 teams they haven't beaten that they will beat that year, whoever is last on that list will be luck of the draw.
That's what I'm hoping for next year.
Give us Gold Coast Rd 23 at home.
I want to be the last one standing, but next year I think they'll sweep through the rest of the list.
Just avoid them to the last minute.

Geelong And then there were 5. West Coast, Essendon, Fremantle, Adelaide and Hawthorn.

Gold Coast should beat us at home later this year, should take care of Essendon too. Will beat Adelaide next time they meet and it'll be down to Hawks and Freo to hold out. I think they'll both make it until 2016.

Sounds about right.

Nah, Gold Coast are Walker's *****
If they couldn't beat us in 2013, they're not beating us till 2023 ;)

(yeah, yeah, I realise it's hypocritical from my last statement)

Suns: Adelaide Essendon Fremantle Hawthorn Sydney West Coast
Giants: Adelaide Carlton Collingwood Essendon Fremantle Geelong Hawthorn North Richmond StKilda West Coast Doggies

GC v Essendon at Etihad could be a tricky one for the Dons to get through, Giants v Doggies at Etihad and GC v Eagles in the final round may also throw up a few surprises.

Also you are more likely to lose to the Suns under lights and get a more determined effort from the Giants in the evening also.
Backed up today with the cats being fast starters before being overrun. They will beat Collingwood in a fortnight if they match todays effort.

Can't wait for the inevitable Suns/Giants final in a few years. That rivalry is gonna be fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another bites the dust..

It's kind of surreal that Port was (by far) the first side to lose to both the Suns & Giants (first non-expansion win for both), and now Port are potential minor premiers 2 years on.

It's kind of surreal that Port was (by far) the first side to lose to both the Suns & Giants (first non-expansion win for both), and now Port are potential minor premiers 2 years on.
The Giants loss was the best thing that happened to them since the '04 flag. Made drastic changes, turned things around and are now top of the table.

I did always rate Port's list through that period (despite predicting them to be a spoon contender in 2011), I generally liked their drafting, but like everyone else I never expected them to rise so quickly.

Really loving the competition this season. Only 2 teams imo are really struggling for wins, 1 of which has a notable injury crisis (Brisbane), and the other plays a competitive brand of footy, even when well beaten (St Kilda). Every other team at the moment is dangerous on their day, against almost anyone. But even Brisbane and St Kilda are not as dismal as cellar dwellers of previous years.

Essendon are safe for another year, but had a bit of a scare today against the Suns.

Anyone else thinking that they will be the last team to lose to either GC or GWS?

On past results, Adelaide has appeared the most impregnable, home or away and regardless of ladder position. Freo has had no issues. WC has beaten up on GWS, but has never faced GC at Carrara (this week they don't have to face Ablett, so that might be their lucky break on the long trip). Hawthorn has belted both, aside from one game each (there was also a match in 2011 where they rested half the squad before finals and only won by a couple of goals, so you'd imagine you wouldn't see that again now that both teams are competitive). Essendon has looked very susceptible in most games before pulling away...

GC is looking good as long as they've got Ablett, so any match is a chance for them no matter where. Having said that, if it's not this weekend, then I'll bet the next Carrara game with Ablett playing will see Adelaide, Essendon and WC accounted for. Freo will be tougher to crack, and with their great midfield and defensive pressure, it will take matching pressure and some big key position players having big days to see them off - hello GWS in Sydney. Hawthorn has a bucketload of salary cap space for 2015, and also haven't made a habit of losing to non-finalists for the last four years, outside Richmond, so unless you're prepared to directly tip either expansion side for the eight, don't expect them to give up their undefeated status soon...

So in the true spirit of a-hole footy gods having a laugh, Hawks to lose first, Freo second, Adelaide third, WC first, and Essendon to stand tall...

I have a feeling that West Coast, Adelaide and Hawthorn will be knocked off next year, by GC. Especially if they play at Metricon.

What about Essendon, Fremantle and Sydney?

They are the other sides to have never lost to Gold Coast.

What about Essendon, Fremantle and Sydney?

They are the other sides to have never lost to Gold Coast.
Can't see the latter 2 losing, Essendon maybe in Metricon, but in Melbourne I'd back us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back