Who will defend this government?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've addressed this before but Rudd's comments were privately to his staff, not at a scripted press conference and has SFA to do with diplomacy.
After seeing Xsess, medusala, probably mottrain and other's from that barrel bring it up on more than one occasion, I finally decided to google it.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...a-friendly-image/story-e6frfku0-1225876391999

Is that it?
That's what they hang their hats on?

s**t... When Abbott was caught, and recorded saying "s**t happens" about the death of Lance Corporal Jared MacKinney, we were told it was all about the context, and where he was, and who he was talking to, etc...

Or what about when Abbott confirmed his statement that he would shirtfront Putin?

Yeah... nah... the "trying to rat * us" bit is the worst of it...

After seeing Xsess, medusala, probably mottrain and other's from that barrel bring it up on more than one occasion, I finally decided to google it.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...a-friendly-image/story-e6frfku0-1225876391999

Is that it?
That's what they hang their hats on?

s**t... When Abbott was caught, and recorded saying "s**t happens" about the death of Lance Corporal Jared MacKinney, we were told it was all about the context, and where he was, and who he was talking to, etc...

Or what about when Abbott confirmed his statement that he would shirtfront Putin?

Yeah... nah... the "trying to rat **** us" bit is the worst of it...

Unfortunately that is the entire story. Politician walks out of 12 hour negotiations, is asked by aide how it went, he replies with the truth but in vulgar manner. Is overheard by journalists. The end.

You have entirely missed the point. It was the high water mark of his time as PM.
What?
How?

Why do some posters run around saying he called the Chinese rat*ers?
Why is he called a terrible diplomat compared to Bishop, based on that comment?
"Those Chinese f**kers are trying to rat-f**k us."

The angry tirade reportedly came after tense negotiations with the Chinese, who are one of Australia's most important trading partners, over a binding agreement on reducing carbon emissions.

Mandarin-speaker Rudd - who has often spoken of his love for Beijing, where he worked as a diplomat in the 1980s - believed that the Chinese were frustrating efforts pursued by him and other countries, including the US, to negotiate an agreement.

But how does one rat-goose, if one is not a rat-gooser?

the very act of attempting to rat-goose implies they are also a rat-gooser, as well as a standard gooser.

But how does one rat-goose, if one is not a rat-gooser?

the very act of attempting to rat-goose implies they are also a rat-gooser, as well as a standard gooser.

Someone trying to rat * me. Does not make them a rat ****er.

And it doesn't mean he was calling the Chinese rat ****ers, he was talking specifically about the group he was dealing with.

Rudd was an angry little midget, but the way some posters kept referring to the situation, compared to what I just found out it actually was... is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but if you try and goose one rat you're a rat-gooser in my book.

Bestiality doesn't have too many degrees when you're talking about actual penetration.

I'm sorry but if you try and goose one rat you're a rat-gooser in my book.

Bestiality doesn't have too many degrees when you're talking about actual penetration.
Colloquialism does equal an action.

Saying "They're killing us out there" in reference to the opposing footy team, does not actually make them killers.

Rudd wasn't saying that he, or the Australian people were rats/a rat of which the Chinese were attempting to have sex with...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone trying to rat **** me. Does not make them a rat ****er.

And it doesn't mean he was calling the Chinese rat ****ers, he was talking specifically about the group he was dealing with.

Rudd was an angry little midget, but the way some posters kept referring to the situation, compared to what I just found out it actually was... is ridiculous.
Have you not met the right-wing media before? They will repeat the ratf***er line for long after Rudd has had his own memorial service. They aren't interested in intellectual rigour - they are interested in the game of political rhetoric. Give em an inch and they'll walk 500 miles and then they'll walk 500 more. They think 20 examples of a wrong looks the same as 1 wrong copy-and-pasted 20 times. The important thing for them is to have some sort of rebuttal to use repetitively while they continue to create the perception of debate, even if what they're saying doesn't make sense.

Another example would be how people like Meds talk about Rudd giving 'cheques to dead people'. They say it because it sounds dumb and sounds like a waste of money. Of course it isn't dumb (people die all the time, mail will keep arriving until their detail is updated), and it isn't a waste of money (dead people can't cash cheques and sending a mass mail-out to everyone eligible in the system is cheaper than calling all those people to find out if anyone happens to have died in the last little while).

A different example is the way they talk about 'pink batts' (even though that is a specific brand of home insulation batts) because they think 'pink' makes it sound silly.

There would be examples from the left-wing commentators too, of course, and but generally left-wing commentators think they have an intellectual basis for their position and so they're more vulnerable to someone pointing out facts that defeat their point. Murdoch style right-wingers are interested in creating the perception of a debate and in repeatedly telling their readers that they're the real victims (who therefore need help from the right-wing media/pollies).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back