Who will finish higher on the ladder in 2016 - Western Bulldogs or Port Adelaide?

Who will finish higher on the ladder in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on what are you saying Lobbe had a physiological problem playing with Ryder it had nothing to do with the fact he was playing like s**t
If you would like to do bit of research, before making a comment, you will find that Lobbe was carrying a quad injury and was not 100% fit

The loss to Brisbane and Carlton at 17th and 18th on the ladder respectively really shuts down any excuses for Port Adelaide last year, especially considering that they would have made finals had they have won those games.

I reckon both will be pushing for top 4. Usually there's an unexpected wildcard around the mark though, so hopefully it's a bolter from the bottom 6.

In regards to this thread, it is one of the better "who will finish higher" comparison threads I have seen for this year.

I know I said Port earlier on in this thread, but I don't know anymore to be honest. Bulldogs looks like they are building a list that will get them multiple Premierships over the next few years, and look like they are ready to take the next step already, so it is a tough one to call right now.

I actually can see both completely dominating the competition next year. Port have proven they can be a dominant force in 2014, and Bulldogs were quite dominant at Etihad last year (especially in the second half of the season). Given that they don't leave Etihad stadium until Round 8 if I remember correctly, they could seriously boost their confidence by enough to become a force next year.

Both of their lists are filled with some serious talent. Will be interesting to see where they both end up :thumbsu:

What has this got to do with you guys?

A Crows fan queried a brutal draw, well guess what, I proved it was the most brutal 6 games you could get, the best 6 teams.

But hey, bring it all back to the Bulldogs, the team that made up the numbers in the finals.
1) this thread is half about the Bulldogs, so we can bring it back on topic anytime we choose :)
2) making up the numbers in the finals means we were closer than teams who didn't even make finals, namely Port (again, on topic).

In regards to this thread, it is one of the better "who will finish higher" comparison threads I have seen for this year.

I know I said Port earlier on in this thread, but I don't know anymore to be honest. Bulldogs looks like they are building a list that will get them multiple Premierships over the next few years, and look like they are ready to take the next step already, so it is a tough one to call right now.

I actually can see both completely dominating the competition next year. Port have proven they can be a dominant force in 2014, and Bulldogs were quite dominant at Etihad last year (especially in the second half of the season). Given that they don't leave Etihad stadium until Round 8 if I remember correctly, they could seriously boost their confidence by enough to become a force next year.

Both of their lists are filled with some serious talent. Will be interesting to see where they both end up :thumbsu:
Correct, first 7 @ Etihad, then we venture to the G in rd 8 for Bob's 300th v the Dees.

Correct, first 7 @ Etihad, then we venture to the G in rd 8 for Bob's 300th v the Dees.
You lot are laughing man. Definitely a good opportunity to nail in a lot of wins early on and get that confidence to finish in the top 4, or even the top 2.

If I am not mistaken, the only losses you guys endured there last year was back to back losses to Fremantle by 13 points (while it was tight in the end) and St Kilda by 7 points (when they came back from 55 points to win). If so, a good chance you'll go 6-1 if things go excellent. I'd pencil in Hawthorn as a loss though in that stretch given that you guys don't seem to match up all that well against them.

You lot are laughing man. Definitely a good opportunity to nail in a lot of wins early on and get that confidence to finish in the top 4, or even the top 2.

If I am not mistaken, the only losses you guys endured there last year was back to back losses to Fremantle by 13 points (while it was tight in the end) and St Kilda by 7 points (when they came back from 55 points to win). If so, a good chance you'll go 6-1 if things go excellent. I'd pencil in Hawthorn as a loss though in that stretch given that you guys don't seem to match up all that well against them.
Correct, Freo and us were tied with two mins to go. Not so sure on Hawks, this will be first time in 4 yrs we play them away from Tassie. Last year we lost by 70 or so points - without Bont at all, and Wallis and Morris went down in the first qtr and both failed to return to the game. So while we probably are still a way off, the margin i think was quite deceptive. I actually have Freo as a win and Hawks as a 40/60 win/loss. Hoping for 7-1 but even 6-2 isn't too bad.

Correct, Freo and us were tied with two mins to go. Not so sure on Hawks, this will be first time in 4 yrs we play them away from Tassie. Last year we lost by 70 or so points - without Bont at all, and Wallis and Morris went down in the first qtr and both failed to return to the game. So while we probably are still a way off, the margin i think was quite deceptive. I actually have Freo as a win and Hawks as a 40/60 win/loss. Hoping for 7-1 but even 6-2 isn't too bad.
A 7-1 or 6-2 record is definitely achieveable for you guys.

The thing that works against your favour in regards to Hawthorn is the fact that they seem to go alright at Etihad. But who knows? Port Adelaide and North beat them there some time in the last two years and Essendon came quite close to them there in 2014, so not impossible.

The thing that works against your favour in regards to Hawthorn is the fact that they seem to go alright at Etihad. But who knows? Port Adelaide and North beat them there some time in the last two years and Essendon came quite close to them there in 2014, so not impossible.
They play horribly there imo, and against not only a team who plays the ground arguably the best in the league, with a coach coming from the Hawks setup who knows their systems. Suspect it'll be closer than most think. Round 16 2012 was the last time we played them at the Docklands.

Beat Carlton in rd 12
Beat Ess in rd 18
Beat Saints in rd 20
Beat North in rd 22

Beat Ess by 4pts in rd 2
Lost to North in rd 16

Beat North in rd 5 - North never start a season well
Beat Saints in rd 10
Beat Carlton in rd 17
Lost to Port in rd 21

So 8-2, but tbh, those teams haven't been the best in the past few years. Blues and Saints been down for a while along with Ess. Guess time will tell but i do expect it to be close.

They play horribly there imo, and against not only a team who plays the ground arguably the best in the league, with a coach coming from the Hawks setup who knows their systems. Suspect it'll be closer than most think. Round 16 2012 was the last time we played them at the Docklands.

Beat Carlton in rd 12
Beat Ess in rd 18
Beat Saints in rd 20
Beat North in rd 22

Beat Ess by 4pts in rd 2
Lost to North in rd 16

Beat North in rd 5 - North never start a season well
Beat Saints in rd 10
Beat Carlton in rd 17
Lost to Port in rd 21

So 8-2, but tbh, those teams haven't been the best in the past few years. Blues and Saints been down for a while along with Ess. Guess time will tell but i do expect it to be close.
Yeah, definitely not a 70 point loss IMO. They are your biggest challenge in that stretch, but not one the Bulldogs cannot handle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth factoring in a delayed start to the Bont and we still don't know how Libba will adjust back to AFL intensity after a year off under a new gameplan that suits him less than the old B-Mac one.
We also have question marks over our no 1 ruck role. Very difficult to work out exactly where we sit in the competition.

Gray and Boak were top 10 rated a year ago, probably haven't dropped much either.

And stopped reading there.

Maybe people rate Port because Ports best players are some of the best players in the comp? (Gray, Boak, Wingard, Wines). Atleast two were rated in the top 10 I believe going into last year.

This year boak has dropped out of the elite category according to the AFL prospectus. Only Wingard and gray remain classed as elite.

At the dogs murphy, wood, Bont and m. Boyd are ranked elite.

I bet even when your thread ban is up you'll gloss over this because your 2014 rankings suit you better

meh 2014, 2015 elite rankings will both mean sfa in a month or so

I'm feeling Port Adelaide, had an off year but with that midfield I feel they can always cause trouble, if they work a bit harder for it. They also have R. Gray who is probably the 2nd best mid after Ablett.

Port's second's ran with a near full strength Sydney for three quarters.

Even though it's only NAB Challenge, the signs are there that Port's depth has improved.

The zero depth at Port prattle is a myth, it's young but there's plenty of talent especially in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back