Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It says it in the thread title. Duh.

For me it's Sydney. I just don't see how any team can beat them when they're firing, and they always know what they're doing in September. What stopped them last year was injuries, they don't have much of that this year.

As for who I WANT to win, I'd have to go Port, although their fans have turned me off them somewhat. Just as long as it's not Hawthorn due to my bitch of an ex going for them, or Freo because of Ross Lyon, or Essendon because they're Essendon, or North because lol North, then I don't really mind who wins.

Sydney. But I hope Fremantle do.

Sydney will s**t it in, they never got out of second gear against us and we were absolutely pantsed. I think Hawthorn are just as good a team if not better, but I'm not sure they'll match Sydney later in the year. Geelong's position in the 4 is fool's gold, as far as I'm concerned, they've cruised all season and I wouldn't be surprised to see a club with more to play for bundle them out in the second week.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fremantle win it if Ross the Toss wasn't in charge. Port's fans have pissed me off (directly, I don't begrudge them any bragging otherwise. Wines v Macrae thread, nuff said) to the extent that I hope they get bundled out in the first week. Essendon, do I really have to explain? They'll absolutely cream Norf in the first week, though. And I'll thoroughly enjoy being there to watch it.

Therefore, I hope Richmond defeat Souf this week and blitz their way to the flag. The least likely scenario of all, but I like Hardwick and I haven't seen any of my Richmond supporting mates in a while, so I don't find anything about the Tiges too objectionable at the moment.

Furthermore, Richmond supporters Dugald Jellie and the Holy Boot run excellent blogs, they're both Footscray sympathisers and fantastic blokes. Their post-flag contributions would be very memorable.

The Bulldogs will, just not this year.

I have a confession to make which I'm afraid will make all my BF Bulldog mates think less of me, but here it goes anyway. I have converted my better half into a footy fan. Which was a bit of a surprise because she doesn't much care for the big three American sports. The problem is she decided that it would be more fun if there was a bit of rivalry in the household so she barracks for Norf because she likes the name Kangaroos. (I think it's really dumb to choose a team simply because of the name except when I do it) So I'm afraid i will be, outwardly at least, pulling for the Roos. But I really expect the Swans will win it this go around.

I have a confession to make which I'm afraid will make all my BF Bulldog mates think less of me, but here it goes anyway. I have converted my better half into a footy fan. Which was a bit of a surprise because she doesn't much care for the big three American sports. The problem is she decided that it would be more fun if there was a bit of rivalry in the household so she barracks for Norf because she likes the name Kangaroos. (I think it's really dumb to choose a team simply because of the name except when I do it) So I'm afraid i will be, outwardly at least, pulling for the Roos. But I really expect the Swans will win it this go around.
So you just subtly suggest she should change to the Bulldogs. Do things like replace all your mugs with Bulldogs mugs, casually slip in a couple of Bulldogs guernseys to the cupboard, threaten divorce unless she barracks for the Dogs.

You know, just keep it subtle.

So you just subtly suggest she should change to the Bulldogs. Do things like replace all your mugs with Bulldogs mugs, casually slip in a couple of Bulldogs guernseys to the cupboard, threaten divorce unless she barracks for the Dogs.

You know, just keep it subtle.
Well, I'm trying to get the message through subliminally, I wear my Doggies practice jumper as a night shirt.

My wife is a Norf supporter....I feel bad for you Floridog. :cry:

Personally I hope the Hawks win it.

They play the best football, built their list with time, patience, good drafting and recruiting, plus have heaps of likeable players (Roughie, Cyril, Gunston, Hodge, Mitchell, Hale, Suckling, Burgoyne - massive fans of all these guys)

Sydney can get ****ed. Hate them. Any Dogs fan watching us laboriously rebuild, needing a key forward like no other team in the comp needs one, whilst this lot are able to poach the two best KPP players in the game with their extra salary cap two years running after winning a premiership and wants them to win another one - any Dogs fan who wants this lot to win it needs their head checked. Get ****ed Sydney.

Freo? I probably wouldn't mind them I just hate Ross Lyon so much. But I could tolerate them winning it aside from him I guess.

Geelong - sorry, no. They've more than had their time in the sun, plus are becoming plainly unlikeable with all their constant staging for frees.

Port - wouldn't mind them at all, I quite like them, but can't see it happening from outside the Top 4.

Norf/Essendon - an absolute, unequivocal, **** no to each of them. I hope they both never win another game for the rest of eternity, let alone a premiership. Fortunately neither of them are a remote chance.

8th place - pfft, who cares, no chance.

Sydney - Epitome of everything that is wrong with the AFL.
Hawthorn & Geelong - They've won enough, they can get stuffed.
Fremantle - Ross Lyon deserves nothing. FULL STOP
Port - Went to Adelaide Oval this year, their fans are special in a "bus picks you up out the front way", so no. Also, Kochie is The Prince of Knobs.
North - They only way they still have a supporter base is by in-breeding and James Brayshaw is the Knob King. No chance
Essendon - Takes "special" supporters to a whole new level, led by Mark Robinson, enough said.
Richmond will finish ninth......again

To quote Malcolm Blight, I couldn't give a rats tossbag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wife and her family are all hawks fans, and given they're probably the best team to watch imo then I don't have an issue cheering them on. Plus I had an ante post bet on them for the flag so it would be nice for that to come in.

Wouldn't mind seeing Freo win it - I might be crazy but I like their game style and a lot of their players. Definitely rather see them win than the Swans (watching Buddy and Tippett tear defences apart every week is just galling when most other teams can't get one elite KPF), and Geelong (seriously, playing the umpires all game has to stop boys).

Essendon would be bad for a number of reasons, don't like North, and whoever finishes 8th has no chance. Port wouldn't be a bad winner but it won't happen.

I have less interest in a finals series now than ever before. It's all so meh.

Cats...sick of them
Hawks...Sick of them and Arrogant flogs.
Swans.....cola cheats
Freo......spawn of Ross Lyon who brings footy to a whole new level of shitedom
Port...the only one I can muster anything positive about due to the underdog status & awesome rebuild
Roos....Boomer plays for them. Also worst posters on BF
Dons.....drug cheats
the rest.....who cares as they are making up numbers.

I'm torn.

I think Hawthorn's best footy is still the best in the league, however, Sydney play their best football more often. These are very clearly the two best teams in the competition, but I honestly feel that Fremantle pose a significant threat to both sides. It is the very nature of their game style to break down teams like Sydney and Hawthorn and I think we've all seen enough of Ross Lyon to know that his teams peak in finals.

My head says it'll be a Hawthorn v Sydney grand final, but I can't help but feel that Fremantle will break it up.

I'm going to say Hawthorn - as I did at the beginning of the year - but I'm not confident.

Richmond.
devil-1.gif

Back