Opinion Whose debut are you most looking forward to in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

not a debut but Kersten's return after a good pre season I'm looking forward to.
Jansen is definitively one that has a lot us excited.

He's actually bigger than Kersten, the young West Aussie. Will be interesting to see his development in 2015.
Just hope Wells picks another pocket battleship for the midfield, then he can go small if he wants!

Actual debut: Jansen.
Club debut: Clark.
Young guy to consolidate spot: McCarthy or Hartman.
But above all: Menzel. Please. I've gotten to the stage where I don't even care if he comes back anywhere near as good as his first 20 odd games suggested he might have become, and you would have to say that it is unlikely that he will, but I just want him to come back and at least get the chance to play at any level. The kid surely deserves it.

Paul Ahern..... HeHe.... Fingers Crossed!!
On a serious note.... Brad Hartman to shine.... Has that X factor IMO...
For debuting for the Cats... Rhys Stanley... Has a lot to offer and just about to be untapped...
Can't wait to see him in the hoops....

Paul Ahern..... HeHe.... Fingers Crossed!!
On a serious note.... Brad Hartman to shine.... Has that X factor IMO...
For debuting for the Cats... Rhys Stanley... Has a lot to offer and just about to be untapped...
Can't wait to see him in the hoops....
I hope they draft a onballer too

chris-farley-rage.gif
did you know you are drinking colulmbian decaff coffee crystals?

If they choose a player like Matt Panos with one of our later picks then with Jansen that'd be 2 mids around 191-2 cms.
I also reckon Luxford's a chance for senior footy at some stage next year, he's a strong body so we'll be bigger than last year through the middle all going well.

If they choose a player like Matt Panos with one of our later picks then with Jansen that'd be 2 mids around 191-2 cms.
I also reckon Luxford's a chance for senior footy at some stage next year, he's a strong body so we'll be bigger than last year through the middle all going well.

Would love to see Luxford play. Liked what I read of him when he was signed. How did he go this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Luxford play. Liked what I read of him when he was signed. How did he go this year?

He some injury issues that didn't help continuity but came back solidly each time, attacks the ball hard with good pace, will be interesting to see if he gets an elevation.

No love here for my boy Josh Walker?

He'll have to wait until
- next week, when final delistings are announced, and
- January, when the club traditionally announces who's going in for an operation,
to find out who's still ahead of him, out of McIntosh, Simpson, Clark, Stanley and Vardy.

Have to say Mitch Clark if he looks capable will add that extra avenue of unpredictability we have lacked in recent years and Motlop to Murdoch to Stanley could be fastest transfer of the footy ever

... then he'll play when McIntosh doesn't, and maybe sometimes they'll even play both (though probably not).
Which means one of Clark/Vardy/Stanley plays CHF, one of them plays 2nd ruck, and one of them plays somewhere else...But even if it's only Simpson missing, the equation doesn't change: there's no spot for Kersten, and no spot for Walker.
...and no spot for Blitz, unless we are going to have a second ruckman play wing or half-back which I am very much opposed to. I think Blitz could make it as a KPD but he first will have to climb over Rivers/Lonergan/Taylor, otherwise I see him as a second ruck.

Probably Jansen. And then Kolo.

Obviously we have quite a few that have debuted but we have not seen enough of that many of us look forward to - Clark, Kersten, Menzel, Cowan, Simpson, Stanley, Lang and Vardy. And you could include Bews, Hartman and McCarthy in that list.

All these players COULD be something - but as we know the likelihood of all or most becoming something is unlikely. Either thru injury or ability at the senior level.

And how many will actually see get some real senior game time ??? Maybe 1/3 or less.

What is obvious to say is that we need at least 3-4 to come good for us to improve.

There was no problem at all with McIntosh's mobility or performance before he ran out of fitness in the last quarter of the season, and he's an automatic selection if uninjured.
Simpson, of course, still has to make it past next Friday's deadline; but if he does, then he'll play when McIntosh doesn't, and maybe sometimes they'll even play both (though probably not).
Which means one of Clark/Vardy/Stanley plays CHF, one of them plays 2nd ruck, and one of them plays somewhere else, namely on the forward line or the bench. Because they'll definitely all play if fit (probably with some initial conditioning time in the 2nds for Vardy). And if that happens, then Kersten and Walker don't play.
That's unless the MC knows something we don't, ie that one or more of McIntosh, Simpson and Vardy are not going to get up for this season.
But even if it's only Simpson missing, the equation doesn't change: there's no spot for Kersten, and no spot for Walker.
Off topic sorry. Agree with a fair bit of this Fred but would like your opinion on where Blitz fits in the game plan next year..?

On debuts, Kolo - seen a lot of his bro and have a big opinion of him, Jake looks even more imposing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back