Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Point of difference doesn't guarantee anything and even then, I'd say Treloar fills that role of inside/outside mid with speed.

You can say Treloar at the Moment is the only on that can do that on our list. Sier looks like he could come that player in time

Don't get the Freeman hate, there's only so many midfielders you can have in one side. Only 22 players can play at a time. He would have already established himself if it wasn't for his injuries but since then depth has increased and he was pushed down the pecking order. Its not his fault he's not charge of list management, and didn't injure himself on purpose.

If you were offered more money, more opportunity and more security what would you do?
To be honest we could've made him feel more secure. Given the money he was after and told him the opportunity is there but we gave him a hand out the door.

Pretty sure St Kilda basically guaranteed him a free ride into the starting midfield

so his view is that his hamstring was fixed, but he found he couldn't run as quickly (and he relies on his speed) so thought he needed a different approach.

Also says he goes full throttle which didn't help his recovery while at pies.

Andy summed up nicely saying that at the end of the day he got a top offer that he had to take.

RIGHT ON!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have already established himself if it wasn't for his injuries but since then depth has increased and he was pushed down the pecking order.

There's no hate. It's just weak that Freeman didn't even try. It's not like he had no shot at all considering we had Derek Hine and Rendall rating him enough to take him at pick 10.

Conversely Scharenburg is entering his 3rd year in a row on the injury list. Speaks volumes about the two.

Personally my view is that the Saints had been courting him and took the opportunity to make him a very good offer on potential which the Pies were just not going to match without conditions.

Freeman doesn't have a lot of conviction in what he is saying and the story seems to move between seeking alternative medical advice/program and not being confident enough in being able to break into the team.

I think he is just hiding the fact that he got a great offer and a guaranteed income which he can at least rely on if he can't get his hammy right. He is right in that his speed is his weapon and if he can't use it, he may have a very short career. So try and get the most out of it.

Lesson learned...if you're an AFL player explaining why you left/arrived at another club, never tell the truth...just BS your way through.
Ask Treloar & Freeman. Tell the truth & be criticised.

Correct in the end both left for a better contract lets not lie about it.

He's not wrong. By the time he got his body right, he would have been waaaaaaaaaaaay down the pecking order of YOUNG mids, let alone the older more experienced ones.

Edit. For clarification, I don't mean he isn't a good player. Just that he seemed to have rotten luck getting on the park with us, so in the time it would have taken him to be fully right, others would have entrenched themselves in the lineup.

There's no hate. It's just weak that Freeman didn't even try. It's not like he had no shot at all considering we had Derek Hine and Rendall rating him enough to take him at pick 10.

Conversely Scharenburg is entering his 3rd year in a row on the injury list. Speaks volumes about the two.

Yeah I wonder. Signed before injured in any case. Would Scharenburg still be at the pies if he had a better offer elsewhere like Freeman?

He's not wrong. By the time he got his body right, he would have been waaaaaaaaaaaay down the pecking order of YOUNG mids, let alone the older more experienced ones.

Why would there be a pecking order? I had this discussion on the Saints board. If he plays well in the pre season he starts Round 1 its as simple as that.

Why would there be a pecking order? I had this discussion on the Saints board. If he plays well in the pre season he starts Round 1 its as simple as that.

You think it's really that simple?

So if 30 players throughout the NAB Challenge play well, they all play Round 1? That's pretty naive to think there isn't a pecking order.

Pendles would pretty much never get dropped for "bad form". Ever. Isn't that part of a pecking order?

You think it's really that simple?

So if 30 players throughout the NAB Challenge play well, they all play Round 1? That's pretty naive to think there isn't a pecking order.

Pendles would pretty much never get dropped for "bad form". Ever. Isn't that part of a pecking order?

Yes it is that simple. Teams look to new players or players taking on hew roles each year to improve.

Pendles is the extreme on the scale and there is no pint using his name.

Talk about overreactions in this thread. Has anyone actually read the article? Was totally respectful towards Bucks and the club, just sounded like he wanted a fresh start. Given the two years he has had, completely understandable. His confidence would be shot at the moment and a new club would help relieve a bit of the pressure. I hope he goes on and has a decent career.

If you believe all those things are true our recruiting staff made a pretty horrendous decision considering all the other great talent that went after him.

The kid couldn't back himself in so he's basically said it himself lol.

Enough said.

Back