Society/Culture Why is Multiculturalism a good thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Especially those cultures where every woman is a second-class citizen. Girls as young as 8 are forced to marry against their will. Women can inherit only half as much as her brother. A female's testimony in court, even in the case of her own rape, is worth half that of her rapist. A woman has to ask a male guardian for permission to get married or have a child, in some places to even leave the house.

Glad that's all illegal in Australia. Your definition of Australian multiculturalism is fanciful. We don't have true equality of cultures. We have a dominant Anglo inspired secular, rule of law system that precedes any other cultural and religious arguments. I haven't heard a single Australian politician argue for equality of cultures either.

Immigrants are welcome to practise their beliefs as long it's lawful.

The benefits flow both ways as we as host country are exposed to new ideas, cultural practise and knowledge.
The immigrants are forced to comply with the laws of the state and the new ideas of a secular, open and modern society where practises that enslave women are not just frowned upon but illegal.

Glad that's all illegal in Australia. Your definition of Australian multiculturalism is fanciful. We don't have true equality of cultures. We have a dominant Anglo inspired secular, rule of law system that precedes any other cultural and religious arguments. I haven't heard a single Australian politician argue for equality of cultures either.

The activities I mentioned are legal and are normal practise in the cultures where many immigrants come from. People often want to bring their cultures and values with them.

Immigrants are welcome to practise their beliefs as long it's lawful.

The immigrants are forced to comply with the laws of the state and the new ideas of a secular, open and modern society where practises that enslave women are not just frowned upon but illegal.

Most immigrants respect the laws of the countries they move to. Some don't. In Rotherham UK, members of the Pakistani/Kashmiri community which represents about 3% of the population, was responsible for the violent sexual abuse of at least 1,400 young girls. This pattern was repeated in many towns across the UK. There is clearly a very significant cultural issue in terms of criminal behaviour and attitudes to females.

The perpetrators were able to take advantage of a reluctance by the authorities to identify that it was a cultural issue. The Rotherham report found that several child protection staff spoke of their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so. Police did not act for fear of being labelled “islamophobes” “bigots” or “racists”.

The activities I mentioned are legal and are normal practise in the cultures where many immigrants come from. People often want to bring their cultures and values with them.

Most immigrants respect the laws of the countries they move to. Some don't. In Rotherham UK, members of the Pakistani/Kashmiri community which represents about 3% of the population, was responsible for the violent sexual abuse of at least 1,400 young girls. This pattern was repeated in many towns across the UK. There is clearly a very significant cultural issue in terms of criminal behaviour and attitudes to females.

The perpetrators were able to take advantage of a reluctance by the authorities to identify that it was a cultural issue. The Rotherham report found that several child protection staff spoke of their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so. Police did not act for fear of being labelled “islamophobes” “bigots” or “racists”.
This does highlight a good point, a society should only be muticultural to a certain extent, the law should be that extent. If a culture's values extend beyond the law then that culture must be stamped out and policed until it's values and practices match the laws of the society as a whole. Multiculturalism shouldn't become 100% tolerance, but I don't think enforcing cultural homogeneity is the only other option.

I don't really understand how police could possibly think arresting child abusers would result in negative PR, I don't think the loons that would argue that would really have any traction. Britain's child abuse problems seem to be more widespread on a whole than just immigrant communities.

Link?

The perpetrators were able to take advantage of a reluctance by the authorities to identify that it was a cultural issue.
This is hills old.
Tragically flawed lazy gutless cowardly policing practice;or perhaps similar to our own problems with crime where the coppers were simply part of the overheads.

This is hills old.
Tragically flawed lazy gutless cowardly policing practice;or perhaps similar to our own problems with crime where the coppers were simply part of the overheads.

Disgraceful and in fact this board needs to give perma wipe outs to this white supremacist bullshit which seems to get too fair a hearing on this board.

I'm a sports journo who only comes on this board occasionally so if this type of stuff continues I'd like to hear about it and write a story. PM me with any present, past or future examples.

And where is it stated that the Pakistani/Kashmiri community is responsible for the violent sexual abuse of 1,400 girls as you originally claim?

Taking all these sources together, the Inquiry concluded that at least 1400 children were sexually exploited between 1997 and 2013. This is likely to be a conservative estimate of the true scale of the problem. We are unable to assess the numbers of other children who may have been at risk of exploitation, or those who were exploited but not known to any agency. This includes some who were forced to witness other children being assaulted and abused.

In Rotherham, the majority of known perpetrators were of Pakistani heritage including the five men convicted in 2010. The file reading carried out by the Inquiry also confirmed that the ethnic origin of many perpetrators was ‘Asian’.

By far the majority of perpetrators were described as 'Asian' by victims, yet throughout the entire period, councillors did not engage directly with the Pakistani-heritage community to discuss how best they could jointly address the issue. Some councillors seemed to think it was a one-off problem, which they hoped would go away. Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so.

105. Agencies should acknowledge the suspected model of localised grooming of young white girls by men of Pakistani heritage, instead of being inhibited by the fear of affecting community relations. People must be able to raise concerns without fear of being labelled racist.​

Do they though? I mean what practises are we talking about here? Violent sexual abuse? For one, that's a criminal offence in India and Pakistan and I haven't heard of any cultural practise that condones that behaviour from a male perspective. There's some horrific customs pertaining to female victim blame in the ungovernable areas but it's not a 'practise.'
The right for women to inherit anything at all was actually removed by the British under colonialism where after it was reinstated during independence and then the rights have fluctuated.
Child marriage? Super illegal in India and also in Pakistan since 1927. The problem is enforcement as the Pakistani authorities don't even have a functioning birth register.
Are we taking huge numbers of impoverished and uneducated Pakistani rural dwellers? Would any person be so impoverished in Australia that they'd be forced to sell their 10 year old daughter to a 45 year old?
Don't get me wrong it's vile, but it's source is as much economic as cultural.

Most immigrants respect the laws of the countries they move to. Some don't.
Some Australian's born here respect the laws we have and some don't. I'm not trying to airbrush it, I recognise it's an issue. I will also say that that in some cases inner city types are too quick to jump on working class people to label views that they express crudely as racist when they are expressions of problems that do exist. The irony has always been that the working class suburbs and housing estates of our cities have been the places where new waves of immigrants have settled and forged a new life and hybrid culture. The process of gentrification has often purged many of the original working class immigrant populations from the suburbs whose character they created. It's an issue that I've always had with some of the European countries who for years denounced Australia and the US as being full of racists. There's no doubt we are but as recent history in Europe has shown, it's easy to not be a racist in a monocultural/monoracial country. It's also pretty stale.

In short I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives. Much like free speech, when we're presented with a culture that is different from our own, we as a society are forced to defend and reevaluate our original positions to justify why we have those laws and opinions. It connects us with the global community, enriches our own knowledge and culture and the diaspora effect has a gently modernising influence in the country where the immigrants have come from. It benefits us as a nation and as part of the global village.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking all these sources together, the Inquiry concluded that at least 1400 children were sexually exploited between 1997 and 2013. This is likely to be a conservative estimate of the true scale of the problem. We are unable to assess the numbers of other children who may have been at risk of exploitation, or those who were exploited but not known to any agency. This includes some who were forced to witness other children being assaulted and abused.

In Rotherham, the majority of known perpetrators were of Pakistani heritage including the five men convicted in 2010. The file reading carried out by the Inquiry also confirmed that the ethnic origin of many perpetrators was ‘Asian’.

By far the majority of perpetrators were described as 'Asian' by victims, yet throughout the entire period, councillors did not engage directly with the Pakistani-heritage community to discuss how best they could jointly address the issue. Some councillors seemed to think it was a one-off problem, which they hoped would go away. Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so.

105. Agencies should acknowledge the suspected model of localised grooming of young white girls by men of Pakistani heritage, instead of being inhibited by the fear of affecting community relations. People must be able to raise concerns without fear of being labelled racist.​

The biggest cause of those crimes was racism by the police towards that community, they accused many of the victims of being slags/sluts because they weren't white and refused to follow up information the community provided them.

If they embraced multiculturalism in England more, they wouldn't have had that issue. But that's what racism does, hurts everyone.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30078503

Another immigrant grooming gang convicted of hunting down underage British girls..

enrichment.png

I especially love the immigrant rape gang apologists responses to the unveiling and discovery of these crimes, "b-but we didn't want to appear r-racist...". Thank goodness they've all resigned due to public pressure. Basically all these social workers didn't want to report any rapes on underage girls perpetrated by ethnic grooming gangs solely because of institutionalised political correctness. I guess it goes to show how utterly sick the British response is to these ethnic grooming gangs.

The biggest cause of those crimes was racism by the police towards that community, they accused many of the victims of being slags/sluts because they weren't white and refused to follow up information the community provided them.

If they embraced multiculturalism in England more, they wouldn't have had that issue. But that's what racism does, hurts everyone.
Complete drivel. England doesn't need multiculturalism and it never needed it. In fact, anti-British multicultural policies and institutionalised political correctness are the very reasons why these issues actually exist in the first place. Enforced multiculturalism and its negative implications have been the single most destructive force on English society since WW2. Naturally hostile cultures can not co-exist and as a Commie you would already be aware of this fact. Any efforts to hide or neglect the proliferation and existence of ethnic grooming gangs hunting down young British girls will be stopped and their heinous crimes will be exposed in order for human progress to flourish weeding out these sick and twisted individuals from Western society should be their main concern.

Hey Aedos you sound like a white supremacist so I'm putting you on ignore.

Cheerio old bean.
What exactly is a "white supremacist"? A hate term you use to label anyone who opposes the dispossession and vilification of European derived peoples, cultures and identities? A hate term you use to label those who oppose the ongoing ethnic grooming rapes of underage British girls? You are utterly delusional.

I'm sure the other posters here will judge the merits of my arguments and despite 95% of your posts being absolute tripe I won't ignore you because the continual discussion of ideas in the marketplace of ideas is, in my view, important in a functioning democracy and obviously you can't deal with facts which contradict and digress from your own (ridiculous, but funny) ideas of a utopian Commie society.

The sooner the failed experiment of enforced multiculturalism is abolished in its entirety - the better.

As usual you are all assertions without evidence. Try reading the report. Most victims were white. There were Asian victims too, many of whom did not report the rapes for fear of bringing shame on their families.

Just a coincidence that these guys, like the abuse in Bradford etc, are Muslim?

Detectives began investigating last year after the 13-year-old was raped by three men on the same night just before Christmas 2012.

A group of young men had gathered in a room at a Premier Inn in Bristol. One of them, a 22-year-old drug dealer called Said Zakaria – also known by his street name Target – was tasked with the job of finding girls to “party with”. Zakaria went off to pick up the 13-year-old, who can only be identified as Complainant One (C1).

Rather than bringing her straight to the hotel, Zakaria first dropped her off an inner city flat where she was raped by a stranger. He took her on to the Premier Inn where he raped her twice and another man raped her once.

By the time C1 was picked up by Zakaria, she was accustomed to abuse, having been groomed by one of Zakaria’s friends, Mohamed Jumale, since the age of 11. She lost her virginity with him under a bridge on a cycle way and he coerced her into having sex with other men, telling her this was his culture.​
Stupid association to make.
What would you have done with the Catholic Church?
Many thousands of victims, many hundreds of perpetrators...all Christian.

As usual you are all assertions without evidence. Try reading the report. Most victims were white. There were Asian victims too, many of whom did not report the rapes for fear of bringing shame on their families.

I did read the report, the biggest factor was the police inaction and victim blaming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back