Wilson named in the squad for showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilham wouldn't be a terrible option to play the game. He's a good match-up for any of Welsh, Hentschel or Perrie (well, Pettigrew is too). I could certainly see Wakes getting burned by the latter two.

Bresh said:
Gilham wouldn't be a terrible option to play the game. He's a good match-up for any of Welsh, Hentschel or Perrie (well, Pettigrew is too). I could certainly see Wakes getting burned by the latter two.
He wouldn't be a terrible option but I'd be very surprised if he did as it would mean dropping Lade, Ebert or Chaplin I'd say.

sog35 said:
That was what I thought, surely if they were going to list Chaplin as an emergency they'd let Sturt know to enable them to include him somewhat in their planning. Good for the player and the clubs. I agree that the Roach is in serious doubt.

Also I think Chaplin would be a good match up for Perrie.

Begley was named in both the Sturt and the crows starting 18s. Maybe Brenton Phillips is confused about his AFL players ...

Ford Fairlane said:
Begley was named in both the Sturt and the crows starting 18s. Maybe Brenton Phillips is confused about his AFL players ...
In all honesty I wouldn't be stunned if this was the case. Begley has been listed at Full Back, he's more of a HBF, BP at worst type.

Riccuito has come out and basically said they are gonna rough us up as much as possible, so it should be an interesting game.

Macca19 said:
Riccuito has come out and basically said they are gonna rough us up as much as possible, so it should be an interesting game.

They get one of their players to say that every time. We are going to do this, do that, it never comes to fruition. I wonder why they persist with that line.

When you wish upon a star...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blackdiamond said:
Chappy has had a hard week, he got in trouble at home last Sunday and has been doing the dishes as punishment all week, now this - poor boy.

dro0060l.jpg

Macca19 said:

The Crows' plan to dim Power
By ANDREW CAPEL
09apr05

ADELAIDE has promised a do-or-die all-out attacking approach in tomorrow's Showdown XVII.

The Crows yesterday set the agenda by declaring the Power will miss Josh Carr and that some of the opposition's young players might not be able to stand the heat of their first derby.
"Sometimes younger players can struggle a little bit, they might puff their chests out and try to get around and be confident early," Crows captain Mark Ricciuto said.

"But there's going to be some hard-fought balls to be won and I think a few of their players might struggle there. And I think Port are missing Carr a bit and it will be interesting to see how they handle it. I think we can maybe turn the tables on them there."

Ricciuto - the one Adelaide player proven in Showdowns - was aiming at Port young guns Damon White and Michael Pettigrew who have played just 10 matches between them and no Showdowns.
As for those who think Port should outmuscle the Crows, Ricciuto had this message: "It's all about being hard at the ball and I'm sure we've got players who go hard and can win our share of the hard balls. I don't think they've got anyone too tough we have to worry about."

Time to show em boys.............show em up that is :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back