Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noted a few weeks back that Stawell got over the line against the Demons, dishing out their only loss for the year. Not much said about it on this thread... Are the Redlegs (oops, sorry Warriors) are serious challenger for the flag this year? They seem to have the best defence in the league having conceeded 20 goals fewer than Horsham. Having not been in the district to see a game this year, I'm interested in their chances...

Most certainly a contender, was a fine effort to defeat Horsham however the Demons are beginning to look ominous at the right time of the season...
Seem to be just cruising along and are doing it with a minimum of fuss!!
Stawell a dangerous looking line-up but would have thought their forwards were the more threating part of the side!!
Ben Williamson leads a tight defence however Tuckey, Carr, Anyon and by throwing in Hanns as a crumber and u have some serious firepower down forward!!
May have lost young ruckman Jorah Margetson with kidney damage for a couple of weeks, the big fella has been good all season for Stawell and will be missed!!
Considering Stawell have dropped a game to Warrack and dont seem to have the same form as the Dees i would say horsham are still favourites..
However will be an interesting finals series and look forward to seeing how it unfolds!

Most certainly a contender, was a fine effort to defeat Horsham however the Demons are beginning to look ominous at the right time of the season...
Seem to be just cruising along and are doing it with a minimum of fuss!!
Stawell a dangerous looking line-up but would have thought their forwards were the more threating part of the side!!
Ben Williamson leads a tight defence however Tuckey, Carr, Anyon and by throwing in Hanns as a crumber and u have some serious firepower down forward!!
May have lost young ruckman Jorah Margetson with kidney damage for a couple of weeks, the big fella has been good all season for Stawell and will be missed!!
Considering Stawell have dropped a game to Warrack and dont seem to have the same form as the Dees i would say horsham are still favourites..
However will be an interesting finals series and look forward to seeing how it unfolds!
Yes jorah is out for a couple of weeks. Also youngster cam kimber may be stepping up for his first seniors game this week against MM

Fair enough however last years gf at warrack real central for horsham v stawell .Alexander oval has by far the best playing surface goin around.2ndly it is a winter sport nardoo u tossa and ararat is usually 1 or 2 degrees lower than horsham so come on mate stop talking s**t.
the changerooms are far from a disgrace compared to other facilities in the wimmera they would be acceptable for a gf and would get a massive gate.
Ararat is well and truly worthy of hosting the GF sounds central 2 me if its stawell v horsham...

Yeah i second that theory because last year stawell tarvelled an hour to play in a grand final and Horsham travelled a half an hour and that was played in warracknabil, and this year it would be the other way around if the grand final was to be played at ararat and if horsham and stawell are of course in it. Horsham would travel the hour and stawell travel the half. So i dont think there should be any problems with the grand fnal being played at ararat. If its got to do with the travel time, the ground has great facilities and should be used

Hey bairdy is it true that Brent tucky has told the club he wants to leave the club at the end of the year.
Its been in the local paper that the travelling aspect has been too much for him as he travels with his job as well. He has said he could end up doing close to 1000km a week if its a further away game such as Dimboola or Nhill. Fair enough reasoning I thought.

Its been in the local paper that the travelling aspect has been too much for him as he travels with his job as well. He has said he could end up doing close to 1000km a week if its a further away game such as Dimboola or Nhill. Fair enough reasoning I thought.

yeah it sure is and with the price of fuel these days its probaly a fair choice as well. Will it leave a big whole in stawell's line up will it

yeah it sure is and with the price of fuel these days its probaly a fair choice as well. Will it leave a big whole in stawell's line up will it
I'd say the club might cover his fuel costs for footy, and with a decent pay cheque on top but it still adds up. Dunno bout the whole-maybe one of the stawell boys on here could fill us in?

I'd say the club might cover his fuel costs for footy, and with a decent pay cheque on top but it still adds up. Dunno bout the whole-maybe one of the stawell boys on here could fill us in?

Yeah i dont know either but with a player of his talent, he would obviously add alot to there team and would be sorly missed

Fair enough however last years gf at warrack real central for horsham v stawell .Alexander oval has by far the best playing surface goin around.2ndly it is a winter sport nardoo u tossa and ararat is usually 1 or 2 degrees lower than horsham so come on mate stop talking s**t.
the changerooms are far from a disgrace compared to other facilities in the wimmera they would be acceptable for a gf and would get a massive gate.
Ararat is well and truly worthy of hosting the GF sounds central 2 me if its stawell v horsham...

Well Creton5 seems like you are again speaking without thinking and resorting to your little sooky personal insults for want of lacking an intelligent comment. There will never be a record gate at Ararat. Minyip and Murtoa rooms are on a par with Ararat. How many finals have they had recently? End of story!
Lucky cars can park at Ararat because the gate would be even lower each game as it is always too cold and barren for supporters to stand and watch. We all know it is a winter game Creton5 Duh! It is the gate that makes a GF successfull for the league. Watering the Ararat turf with reclaimed sewerage does not help your cause Creton5!!
Horsham City surface is struggling at the minute because of too much footy. Poor move to allow a full day soccer tournament on it the other weekend. Ban the round ball! GF will be at City Oval or Central Park this is a fact.

Well Creton5 seems like you are again speaking without thinking and resorting to your little sooky personal insults for want of lacking an intelligent comment. There will never be a record gate at Ararat. Minyip and Murtoa rooms are on a par with Ararat. How many finals have they had recently? End of story!
Lucky cars can park at Ararat because the gate would be even lower each game as it is always too cold and barren for supporters to stand and watch. We all know it is a winter game Creton5 Duh! It is the gate that makes a GF successfull for the league. Watering the Ararat turf with reclaimed sewerage does not help your cause Creton5!!
Horsham City surface is struggling at the minute because of too much footy. Poor move to allow a full day soccer tournament on it the other weekend. Ban the round ball! GF will be at City Oval or Central Park this is a fact.
\

thats bullshit
wfl have already booked alexandra oval

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE ONLY FACT I KNOW NARDOO IS YOU ARE A FAIR DINKUM DUDBROTHER.
Ararat gets no colder than stawell or horsham maybe 1 or 2 degrees u twit,Let me guess NARDOO WHY THERE WONT BE A RECORD GATE AT ARARAT???UM ITS BECAUSE U DONT LIKE ARARAT YOU TOSSA THATS THE ONLY REASON.u have no idea about alexander ovals facilitys the only view u had of the ground was when u were in J WARD up on the hill,u poor excuse for a human....
The grand final will be at ararat get that through your thick head .

Its not my fault NARDOO that your a dirty rotten ass bandit who prey on old men around horsham city oval,its well over due that the GF should be moved around 2 other clubs in the league...

U r a total Fukwit Nardoo Nodo's!!! Go n av a coffee break. Nothin u post is ov fact! come up with something u can bak up!! Loser!!!!:thumbsdown:

just wondering if anybody in the league remembers a bloke called Phil Bunn?? currently coaching the Murray Bushrangers!! i believe he played at horsham and horsham united, just wondering what sort of player he was, was he any good, and was he a good bloke....

THE ONLY FACT I KNOW NARDOO IS YOU ARE A FAIR DINKUM DUDBROTHER.
Ararat gets no colder than stawell or horsham maybe 1 or 2 degrees u twit,Let me guess NARDOO WHY THERE WONT BE A RECORD GATE AT ARARAT???UM ITS BECAUSE U DONT LIKE ARARAT YOU TOSSA THATS THE ONLY REASON.u have no idea about alexander ovals facilitys the only view u had of the ground was when u were in J WARD up on the hill,u poor excuse for a human....
The grand final will be at ararat get that through your thick head .

Its not my fault NARDOO that your a dirty rotten ass bandit who prey on old men around horsham city oval,its well over due that the GF should be moved around 2 other clubs in the league...

Great post BETON pity u got red carded for giving it to that moron NARDOO.EVEN THOUGH HE IS A TAMP.

just wondering if anybody in the league remembers a bloke called Phil Bunn?? currently coaching the Murray Bushrangers!! i believe he played at horsham and horsham united, just wondering what sort of player he was, was he any good, and was he a good bloke....

When I was a kid he payed full forward for Horsham - top class forward in those days who kicked a stack of goals.

May have even had a season at Melbourne in the early to mid 1980's.

Must have been a ripper game at Ararat Sunday?
Can any1 report further??

Great game of footy...
Stawell missing several key players as was Ararat...
Young legs of the Rats stood out, ran the ball really well and applied great pressure to Stawell. Fratin and Turner probably the difference in the Rats forward line, both played very well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back