Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet his side won just 6 games throughout the year, and some of Dimboola's losses were very big defeats!!
As history has shown it is difficult for people playing in losing sides to get the 3 votes... Think this will affect his chances?
Anyone got a smokey?
It might now that u mention it
A smokey maybe Dan Krahe from warrack

Great win to the saints today over Stawell by 30 points. 9.1 to 0.5 in the first quarter set up the win. All the kids stood up. 3 goals to Nathan Clough in the first quarter where instrumental in establishing the lead. Interesting to see what the League does with the Grand Final next week. The Legaue looks to have jumped the gun giving the GF to Ararat. 4 years ago the Saints agreed to play Horsham at City Oval instead of Central Park at Stawell. Not sure if the weak Demons leaders would agree to play the game at Coughlin Park.

Great win to the saints today over Stawell by 30 points. 9.1 to 0.5 in the first quarter set up the win. All the kids stood up. 3 goals to Nathan Clough in the first quarter where instrumental in establishing the lead. Interesting to see what the League does with the Grand Final next week. The Legaue looks to have jumped the gun giving the GF to Ararat. 4 years ago the Saints agreed to play Horsham at City Oval instead of Central Park at Stawell. Not sure if the weak Demons leaders would agree to play the game at Coughlin Park.
If the grand final was played at Coughlin that would be plain stupid
After being there for the game the other week when it poured rain you had to be an olympic rower to make it to your car and there was no grandstand or anything there for people to sit in. I heard that there were to older ladies slipped and fell in thee mud/water the other week now what happens if its the same this week pouring rain coughlin would be a terrible choice to play footy.
At ararat yes one side is dirt and rock and crap but at least there is a granstand and some cover and its got a better run off there imo straight onto the oval not like coughlin where it sits there
THE WIMMERA DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND HORSHAM give everyone a go for once

After being there for the game the other week when it poured rain you had to be an olympic rower to make it to your car and there was no grandstand or anything there for people to sit in. I heard that there were to older ladies slipped and fell in thee mud/water the other week now what happens if its the same this week pouring rain coughlin would be a terrible choice to play footy.
At ararat yes one side is dirt and rock and crap but at least there is a granstand and some cover and its got a better run off there imo straight onto the oval not like coughlin where it sits there
You can't argue with that to be honest but look at the GF games...

Fourths
Horsham vs. Stawell

Thirds
Horsham vs. Ararat

Seconds
Horsham vs. Stawell

Firsts
Horsham vs. Horsham Saints.

5 Horsham teams.
2 Stawell
1 Ararat.

It would be better if it was in Horsham as there are 5 teams that are playing on Saturday. It makes sense in a way.

Stawell would be the best option when we talk about condition but with travelling and etc., Horsham would be ideal.

You can't argue with that to be honest but look at the GF games...

Fourths
Horsham vs. Stawell

Thirds
Horsham vs. Ararat

Seconds
Horsham vs. Stawell

Firsts
Horsham vs. Horsham Saints.

5 Horsham teams.
2 Stawell
1 Ararat.

It would be better if it was in Horsham as there are 5 teams that are playing on Saturday. It makes sense in a way.

Stawell would be the best option when we talk about condition but with travelling and etc., Horsham would be ideal.
Not arguing that point about all the horsham teams but city ovals netball courts can not be played on due to the surface of it and coughlin park would be a terrible choice for the reasons mentioned aboved
Im not saying the grand final has to be in Stawell but i would just like to see spread around a bit and ararat have more then likely got everything organised (food etc)

Not arguing that point about all the horsham teams but city ovals netball courts can not be played on due to the surface of it and coughlin park would be a terrible choice for the reasons mentioned aboved
Im not saying the grand final has to be in Stawell but i would just like to see spread around a bit and ararat have more then likely got everything organised (food etc)

Just a bit of tounge in check stuff, I agree the game Gf would never be played at Coughlin Park. Ordinary facilities. Just a bit of a dig the Wimmera League and Horsham:p The Saints would be happy to play on the moon

Just a bit of tounge in check stuff, I agree the game Gf would never be played at Coughlin Park. Ordinary facilities. Just a bit of a dig the Wimmera League and Horsham:p The Saints would be happy to play on the moon
Thats very true after knocking off stawell today

WELL DONE SAINTS:thumbsu: BEATING THOSE STAWELL BLOKES LET ME TELL YOU THAT YOU BLOKES HAVE MADE EVERY OTHER TEAM IN STAWELL VERY HAPPY THAT YOU BEAT THOSE UP EM SELVES LOSERS. GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU SPEND BULK LOADS OF MONEY IT WILL NOT ALWAYS GET YOU PLACES. BAD LUCK WOZZAS. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!:):):)

Well said croweater... Cant really understand why all the carry on over the GF being played in Ararat, best surface in the league by far, I bet Horsham Saints arn't complaining about playing there, will suit their young side on the open expanses of Alexandra oval as appose to the ageing legs of the Demons. As for Johnsy's articles in the Wimmera Mail about getting it moved..Won't happen David, maybe you just need to worry about getting a kick on Saturday not where it is being played, oh and if Horsham people dont like the travelling aspect I suggest they go and support the Horsham District league.

Great effort from the saints on the weekend
They seem to be on a fair roll
Who do they have to shut down in order to win next week

If the Wimmera League wants to get serious about being successfull then they should be holding the GF at the ground where there is the best possible chance to maximise crowds and revenue.
The WFL Grand Final needs to be held at Central Park Stawell
WHY?- 2 grandstands if the rain hits, good surface, central to the teams in the GF (no need to worry about home ground advantage for 4ths & ressies) the best netball facilities and a great family set up. Bad decision on Ararat ground so early, seems the league were not expecting Saints to knock off Stawell and now they are too proud to say we got it wrong and change. Dimboola is the second choice ground. Still not to late to change things. Central Park would bring in an extra $2-$3k and 500+ people. Poor move Wimmera League but when you see the type of blokes rolling about in the WFL officials jackets at games then you can understand why there is not alot of smart moves being made!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Wimmera League wants to get serious about being successfull then they should be holding the GF at the ground where there is the best possible chance to maximise crowds and revenue.
The WFL Grand Final needs to be held at Central Park Stawell
WHY?- 2 grandstands if the rain hits, good surface, central to the teams in the GF (no need to worry about home ground advantage for 4ths & ressies) the best netball facilities and a great family set up. Bad decision on Ararat ground so early, seems the league were not expecting Saints to knock off Stawell and now they are too proud to say we got it wrong and change. Dimboola is the second choice ground. Still not to late to change things. Central Park would bring in an extra $2-$3k and 500+ people. Poor move Wimmera League but when you see the type of blokes rolling about in the WFL officials jackets at games then you can understand why there is not alot of smart moves being made!!
Typical response from a dead set loser!Ararat is a worthy recipient of hosting the GF.They will get a huge crowd and the the atmosphere will be better than expected(pending weather).Dont bother comin down NARDOO you just up there in your shearing shed with your sisters and brothers and hide behind your computer.
The standard must have dropped off more for horsham saints to make the GF.On paper HORSHAM should win by 50pts plus,however saints have shown they can beat anyone in the comp,and results dont lie so i m tipping horsham saints by 9 pts.

Totally agree with you on "blokes rolling about in the WFL officials jackets". They are a disgrace.

Anyone know a website that are taking bets on WFL GF?

Great effort from the saints on the weekend
They seem to be on a fair roll
Who do they have to shut down in order to win next week

The obvious one would be Johns and Carr, but they need to be wary of young Dylan Parish who has bobbed up for Demons all year..
I think the most important thing really is to not let Batchy and Barney grab it and stream forward from the midfield, very dangerous when they do this...
Midfield battle will be a ripper, Clough, Pumphrey, Hoey, Knott etc are all in good form and will need to win against Batch, Barnett, Anson and co.

On another note well done to Alan Batchelor from Ararat for winning the Toohey, only 21 years of age, gets belted every week but just keeps getting back up and sticking his head on the footy...
Great player, and a very deserving winner!!

Congratulations Alan Batchelor, 21 years of age and a Touhey Medalist, Fantastic effort, We will watch your career from here with great interest.

Could not agree more about the WFL administrators, this sort of muck up happens year in year out. Unfortunately with the bunch that are there it is going to be difficult to convince "Football Minded" people to join them for the years to come.

Anyone heard who will be umpiring the main game on Saturday???

Good Luck to the saints for the weekend
Would love to see them get up
Just cant see it happening this year experience should get the dees across the line. They have been there and done it plenty times before
Demons by 5 goals

Not sure this every club deserves a turn mentality is the correct way to view this. Being a GF is it not all about the supporters and the $ thru the gate? The clubs make their direct money via catering not via gate receipts, that goes to the the beer swilling commisioners to pee up against the wall.

I would have thought that the biggest crowd possible spends more money on drinks and food resulting in more profits for the catering clubs. Should the discussion be more about who has the catering rights as opposed to where it is held.

Still the best facilities for spectators the bigger the crowd. Coughlin park is a disgrace and should not even be used for home and away games.

Do you honestly believe the Wimmera GF should be played at Coughlin Park? If you don't believe it should why would Horsham leaders be weak if they did not choose to play there? The surface is a disgrace and the surrounds are a disgrace. There is one entrance into the oval and that gets half under water in moderate rain. There is no grandstand, little under cover area and inadequate catering facilities.

I cannot find one positive for the oval!

Do you honestly believe the Wimmera GF should be played at Coughlin Park? If you don't believe it should why would Horsham leaders be weak if they did not choose to play there? The surface is a disgrace and the surrounds are a disgrace. There is one entrance into the oval and that gets half under water in moderate rain. There is no grandstand, little under cover area and inadequate catering facilities.

I cannot find one positive for the oval!
It has 8 sticks, 4 up each end and has changerooms. Only good things about it :thumbsu:

Alan Batchelor from rats with Lohde runner up
Congratulations alan batchelor young corageous tough footballer,hes in an elite group of player that have won the toohey.Wonder what hell do in 2009,stay with the rats or chase the $$$$ in other leagues.

It has 8 sticks, 4 up each end and has changerooms. Only good things about it :thumbsu:

Not too sure about the changerooms. Last time I was there water was leaking down thru one of the over head lights. Dam dangerous in my opinon but sure Purrfect Pussies would love to see GF played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back