Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations alan batchelor young corageous tough footballer,hes in an elite group of player that have won the toohey.Wonder what hell do in 2009,stay with the rats or chase the $$$$ in other leagues.

batch isnt the type to chace to chase the $$$, got offered a fair amount this year else where, but choose to stay. proved to be the right move. will end up as one of the elite footballers in the competition if he isnt already.

Do you honestly believe the Wimmera GF should be played at Coughlin Park? If you don't believe it should why would Horsham leaders be weak if they did not choose to play there? The surface is a disgrace and the surrounds are a disgrace. There is one entrance into the oval and that gets half under water in moderate rain. There is no grandstand, little under cover area and inadequate catering facilities.

I cannot find one positive for the oval!

Geez, I Hope Ararat have got hot tea and plenty of scones and cream for you Slenko. Hope Mummy has your sweater nicely pressed and your pom poms laid out for the day as well, dont forget your brolley.

Get real mate this is country football, you may have missed that this is a wimmera league thread, not the AFL. Anyway why all the carry on about the oval, the game is to be played in Ararat, the teams involved could not give two hoots about where it is played, they just want to get out and play the game. As it should be.

Whingers will continue to drive people away from the game, when it is the exact opposite we should be trying to encourage. Football is a game for men, sounds like billiards or table tennis could be better suited to some of you.

P.S.

To my knowledge Alexander only has two public access toilets, and it can be a little walk, you may want Mummy to take your potty.

Geez, I Hope Ararat have got hot tea and plenty of scones and cream for you Slenko. Hope Mummy has your sweater nicely pressed and your pom poms laid out for the day as well, dont forget your brolley.

Get real mate this is country football, you may have missed that this is a wimmera league thread, not the AFL. Anyway why all the carry on about the oval, the game is to be played in Ararat, the teams involved could not give two hoots about where it is played, they just want to get out and play the game. As it should be.

Whingers will continue to drive people away from the game, when it is the exact opposite we should be trying to encourage. Football is a game for men, sounds like billiards or table tennis could be better suited to some of you.

P.S.

To my knowledge Alexander only has two public access toilets, and it can be a little walk, you may want Mummy to take your potty.

Mate your the reason footy crowds are down. Just expect people to turn up regardless. People have choices these days and if country footy does not want to look after their "customers" they will go else where. That is business.

You sound like the yobbo type who go to football and piss where you stand and yell profanities in front of the kids and then want to abuse those who do not attend.

If football officials don't start considering their "customers" soon they will kill of country football. If you had seen Coughlin Park on 2nd semi final day you would know what I mean. Elderly people slipping over on wet concrete falling in puddles, is that what you would expect of for your elders.

get out of the dark ages mate!

Mate your the reason footy crowds are down. Just expect people to turn up regardless. People have choices these days and if country footy does not want to look after their "customers" they will go else where. That is business.

You sound like the yobbo type who go to football and piss where you stand and yell profanities in front of the kids and then want to abuse those who do not attend.

If football officials don't start considering their "customers" soon they will kill of country football. If you had seen Coughlin Park on 2nd semi final day you would know what I mean. Elderly people slipping over on wet concrete falling in puddles, is that what you would expect of for your elders.

get out of the dark ages mate!

Your drawing a long bow. Is Coughlin Park the only place that has concrete that gets wet when it rains and have puddles. I'm sure the guys down there would wlecome your solution to this problem.

You have got one thing right and that is the game does require customers to survive, and whilst I think the Wimmera League Commission with thier lacking wisdom made and early choice on Alexander Oval presuming a Stawell vs Horsham game, the crowd will come in great numbers, they always do, regardless of where the games are played and the amenities that are provided.

Alexander Oval will turn on a great day, and hopefully the games played are worthy of Grand Final level.

Whats your tip Slenko, I'm assuming from some underlying begrudgment of Coughlin Park (just something I picked up on) your a Horsham Supporter. Lets hear your views on the game coming forward and not the past...... Horsham by ???? Let us know.

What ever side your going for mate, Enjoy the Scones

Your drawing a long bow. Is Coughlin Park the only place that has concrete that gets wet when it rains and have puddles. I'm sure the guys down there would wlecome your solution to this problem.

You have got one thing right and that is the game does require customers to survive, and whilst I think the Wimmera League Commission with thier lacking wisdom made and early choice on Alexander Oval presuming a Stawell vs Horsham game, the crowd will come in great numbers, they always do, regardless of where the games are played and the amenities that are provided.

Alexander Oval will turn on a great day, and hopefully the games played are worthy of Grand Final level.

Whats your tip Slenko, I'm assuming from some underlying begrudgment of Coughlin Park (just something I picked up on) your a Horsham Supporter. Lets hear your views on the game coming forward and not the past...... Horsham by ???? Let us know.

What ever side your going for mate, Enjoy the Scones

cheers

I think Saints might be very dangerous on the large Ararat ground. I would think they have leg speed over Horsham where Horsham have a lot more marking strength, so weather conditions will dictate who may come out on top.

Match ups will also be all important. Horsham I reckon may use Luke Carr in defence on say Kelm with Arnell going to CHB but if Tucker plays at CHF he may be to mobile for Arnell.

Saints on ballers Hoe, Heath Kelm, Pumphery, Clough etc. is where they have the edge. Batchelor is starting to show signs of a long season, Barnett might be carrying an injury leaving a big workload on Anson who is more a ball winner than a runner.

If Horsham get their share of the ball in the middle their tall forwards in Johns, Burke & Parish will kick enough goals to win them the game (assuming dry conditions). So my pick Horsham by 28 points in the dry 22 degrees temperature conditions. Here is hoping for a great spectacle and a large crowd for the betterment of the game.

In regards Coughlin Park many grounds have ashphalt not concrete but also Coughlin Park concrete is on the east side of sheds so gets little or no arvo sun to dry it out hence it is slipperier than concrete would be on the west or north side! The surrounds also hold more water than any Wimmera League ground I have seen Jeparit, Rupanyup etc included.

Just stirring Slenko. I agree the facilities at Coughlin Park are second rate. As i said the Saints are happy to play on the moon. Ararat oval will suit them down to the ground. GO SAINTS!!!!!

Suprised to see Tuckey sign on for a further 2 years for Stawell....rumour going around was that he had seccumbed to the pressure of so much travelling!!

He has signed on for another 2 years as joint coach with Brad Cassidy and is reported to be on a staggering $50,000 for the 2 years!!

This is a lot of money to be throwing around on just one player in hope of chasing glory......as all can see that it didn't work again this season!!

A large quantity of money spent in 2 years for what........failure!!

Suprised to see Tuckey sign on for a further 2 years for Stawell....rumour going around was that he had seccumbed to the pressure of so much travelling!!

He has signed on for another 2 years as joint coach with Brad Cassidy and is reported to be on a staggering $50,000 for the 2 years!!

This is a lot of money to be throwing around on just one player in hope of chasing glory......as all can see that it didn't work again this season!!

I honestly thought he might get more than that.

He has signed for one year, not two!
But yes, still heaps of money to fork out!

Great crowd at ararat saw a remarkable side in Horsham win their 6th in a row. as much as i hate to say it congratulations on a remarkable effort boys. as i said i dont think the WFL honchos will be complaining about the $36,000 from the gate, just imagine if the mininera FL didn't have their big one today could have easily been $50,000 taken and im preety sure that would have been a record for a GF in this area

No wonder they got such a big gate, charging $13 a person and however much a car. Cost me and two mates and his car $45 to get the **** in!! i think that is very poor and it shouldnt reflect on how big the crowd acutally was!!

Lucky Horsham District Legue preliminary Final is Tomorrow and not today might have made a huge Difference and the weather for Ararat was perfect:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder they got such a big gate, charging $13 a person and however much a car. Cost me and two mates and his car $45 to get the **** in!! i think that is very poor and it shouldnt reflect on how big the crowd acutally was!!

$13.00 entry is ridiculous, and another indication of how far the WFL Commission is out of touch with the people they represent. Given the increased price of fuel, the decision to make all supporters travel to the furtherest destination was not enough, they had to increase the gate $3 on last years rates.

A blatant rip off of the people who support the league in order to pay for their commission "luncheons" and the newly appointed full time employee of the league Steve McQueen. I may have misunderstood but I thought the idea of having Steve in this position was to create funds for the league in order to reduce the stress on clubs, doesn't show a lot of confidence in his money making abiities does it!

To Ararat well done on putting on a fine day, if I had one small criticism it is that the Score Board doesn't quite meet the standard required for a day like that, with exception of that it was spot on good country football.

Great crowd at ararat saw a remarkable side in Horsham win their 6th in a row. as much as i hate to say it congratulations on a remarkable effort boys. as i said i dont think the WFL honchos will be complaining about the $36,000 from the gate, just imagine if the mininera FL didn't have their big one today could have easily been $50,000 taken and im preety sure that would have been a record for a GF in this area
Also the races in Ararat may have taken some crowd away aswell

Absoulute disgrace it was the amount to get in it cost $40 for us

GF in Ararat went well, thank goodness the temp was over 12 for the first time in Ararat since mid April. Windy day raising huge dust storms off the all dirt carpark on the hill. Gate price of $13 is a good price for a full day of sport and entertainment. The Horsham Show costs $15 and that would entertain you for about 3/4 hour so stop whingeing all you shallow pockets. Crowd numbers was good but being at Ararat which has only half the population of Horsham meant that you would not get the extra 500 or so who would only go to one match a year so the WFL miss out on an extra $6k and the caterers extra dollars also. They kept saying the carpark was full in the grounds yet for the whole day it was never full so poor judgement there ratgate keepers! Scoreboard is a disgrace along with the clubrooms. Get your pens out Rats and start searching for some grants to get some new facilities, then when they are up to scratch join the Lexton or Miniera leagues and then the Wimmera wont have to travel down south central Vic for a game in the ice age!

Well done to the horsham demons on the 6th flag in a row. Love them or hate them its a great effort. They will be the team to chase down next season again i'm sure. A few retirements perhaps. Saints did a good job to get there but were never going to beat the demons.

Looking to next season who has appointed coaches:

Nhill: ?? wanted Davidson, Price not happy but the money maybe to good to refuse if not maybe simon Brearley
Dimboola: Gary Davidson
Warrack: harvey Lang
Diggers: Guy Smith
Minyip-Murtoa:??
Horsham Saints: This years coach or Heath Watson?
Horsham Demons: Stuey Farr??
Stawell: I think Brad Cassidy has been appointed

On the grand final venue, ararat has a good playing surface but the facilities (changerooms etc) are pretty pathetic for the number 1 ground in the ararat region.

GF in Ararat went well, thank goodness the temp was over 12 for the first time in Ararat since mid April. Windy day raising huge dust storms off the all dirt carpark on the hill. Gate price of $13 is a good price for a full day of sport and entertainment. The Horsham Show costs $15 and that would entertain you for about 3/4 hour so stop whingeing all you shallow pockets. Crowd numbers was good but being at Ararat which has only half the population of Horsham meant that you would not get the extra 500 or so who would only go to one match a year so the WFL miss out on an extra $6k and the caterers extra dollars also. They kept saying the carpark was full in the grounds yet for the whole day it was never full so poor judgement there ratgate keepers! Scoreboard is a disgrace along with the clubrooms. Get your pens out Rats and start searching for some grants to get some new facilities, then when they are up to scratch join the Lexton or Miniera leagues and then the Wimmera wont have to travel down south central Vic for a game in the ice age!
Toughen up princess. The WFL has bugger all travelling compared with some leagues-the LPFL and MDFL being two prime examples. SO stop whinging-and last time I checked, footy is a winter sport!

Toughen up princess. The WFL has bugger all travelling compared with some leagues-the LPFL and MDFL being two prime examples. SO stop whinging-and last time I checked, footy is a winter sport!

Nice comments cup cake but there are not too many of us that have to check to see if footy is played in the winter !!!!- only LPFL people who are a little forgetful it seems.
That is what minor leagues are for, travel - because none of the teams can cut in the major leagues!

Stawell Mitre 10 Warriors have landed their second prize signing in the space of a week with confirmation that former AFL player Brad Cassidy will coach the club in 2009.
Cassidy was on hand in Stawell on Sunday to sign his one year deal, which will see him take over the reins from departing mentor Dale Power.
The 32 year-old finished up his coaching duties with Port Fairy this season after two years at the helm and said he was looking forward to the new challenge that awaits him in Stawell.
``Now I am really looking to get to Stawell and I think the club is very professional - that is a big pull for me, to know that the club is professional and going in the right direction,'' Cassidy said.
``I think I can come in and certainly add something there.
``Hopefully I make a good impression and stay again next year. I'm going to be living here now, I have moved back with my wife Leisa who is from Stawell.''
Cassidy said his initial contact with the club was via a phone call from committee member Glen Driscoll.
``It has pretty much just gone from there, it was done probably three or four weeks ago and certain things happened from there. I was moving back to Stawell anyway and had let the club know I coached at Port Fairy.
``I thought now was probably the right time to do it so I finished all my duties down there and informed the club that I was moving back. I had a little bit more of a think about it and talked to my wife and thought it was probably the right thing for me - to keep my coaching career going.''
Cassidy, who played 14 games for Fitzroy and two for Collingwood during the 1990s, said it was unlikely at this stage that he would pull on the boots to fulfil a role as a playing coach, but failed to completly rule it out as a possibility.
``At this stage I would probably rule it out, I gave up three years ago for a reason and that was that injuries cut me down and I have pretty much had enough of it.
``At the moment I'd rather not, I would rather just concentrate on coaching but if something ever cropped up down the track (I'd consider it).
``I'm passionate about coaching and hopefully take it further if I can.''
Cassidy said one of the important factors now was to try and retain the majority of the playing list from this year.
``Obviously there will be a few retirements and that sort of stuff but we want to retain the group that we have got and we will need to add a few key players as well just to show that general improvement.
``In saying that, I'll be looking at some of the juniors and even some of the reserves players - if they want to do the hard work they will be given the chance to do that.''
Cassidy's appointment was made even sweeter with the news that Ben Williamson has taken over the assistant coaching role at the club and Paul Hanns stepping up as captain of the senior team.
Williamson will now stand down as skipper in 2009 and take up his new role.
The trio will begin an exciting time for the Warriors, who recently re-signed Brent Tuckey for the third successive season and will be looking to get thir hands on that Wimmera Football League senior flag that has eluded them since 2000.

Nice comments cup cake but there are not too many of us that have to check to see if footy is played in the winter !!!!- only LPFL people who are a little forgetful it seems.
That is what minor leagues are for, travel - because none of the teams can cut in the major leagues!
Not true. While I agree most wouldn't go close to cutting it-Carngham, Skipton and Rokewood would all be in contention for a finals spot in the WFL-and princess, I play in the WFL.

Did any1 see the reseves grand final on saturday.... stawell ended up winning by a big margin but, i think they might have won by more if they had there big power forward G.Esnouf who hit form late in the seson finishing with i think 7 goals for the season out of about 5 games, anyhow he didn't play with a suspected groin injury... but can i say he did a great job and running the water for Stawell.

what does everyone think of dylan parish young gun who got the under 21s best on ground in the grandfinal playing at fullforward for a very strong team (horsham demons) at the age of 16

Stawell Mitre 10 Warriors have landed their second prize signing in the space of a week with confirmation that former AFL player Brad Cassidy will coach the club in 2009.
Cassidy was on hand in Stawell on Sunday to sign his one year deal, which will see him take over the reins from departing mentor Dale Power.
The 32 year-old finished up his coaching duties with Port Fairy this season after two years at the helm and said he was looking forward to the new challenge that awaits him in Stawell.
``Now I am really looking to get to Stawell and I think the club is very professional - that is a big pull for me, to know that the club is professional and going in the right direction,'' Cassidy said.
``I think I can come in and certainly add something there.
``Hopefully I make a good impression and stay again next year. I'm going to be living here now, I have moved back with my wife Leisa who is from Stawell.''
Cassidy said his initial contact with the club was via a phone call from committee member Glen Driscoll.
``It has pretty much just gone from there, it was done probably three or four weeks ago and certain things happened from there. I was moving back to Stawell anyway and had let the club know I coached at Port Fairy.
``I thought now was probably the right time to do it so I finished all my duties down there and informed the club that I was moving back. I had a little bit more of a think about it and talked to my wife and thought it was probably the right thing for me - to keep my coaching career going.''
Cassidy, who played 14 games for Fitzroy and two for Collingwood during the 1990s, said it was unlikely at this stage that he would pull on the boots to fulfil a role as a playing coach, but failed to completly rule it out as a possibility.
``At this stage I would probably rule it out, I gave up three years ago for a reason and that was that injuries cut me down and I have pretty much had enough of it.
``At the moment I'd rather not, I would rather just concentrate on coaching but if something ever cropped up down the track (I'd consider it).
``I'm passionate about coaching and hopefully take it further if I can.''
Cassidy said one of the important factors now was to try and retain the majority of the playing list from this year.
``Obviously there will be a few retirements and that sort of stuff but we want to retain the group that we have got and we will need to add a few key players as well just to show that general improvement.
``In saying that, I'll be looking at some of the juniors and even some of the reserves players - if they want to do the hard work they will be given the chance to do that.''
Cassidy's appointment was made even sweeter with the news that Ben Williamson has taken over the assistant coaching role at the club and Paul Hanns stepping up as captain of the senior team.
Williamson will now stand down as skipper in 2009 and take up his new role.
The trio will begin an exciting time for the Warriors, who recently re-signed Brent Tuckey for the third successive season and will be looking to get thir hands on that Wimmera Football League senior flag that has eluded them since 2000.

Time will tell but I would not be getting too excited. He is non-playing and Port Fairy have not done that well under his stewardship.

what does everyone think of dylan parish young gun who got the under 21s best on ground in the grandfinal playing at fullforward for a very strong team (horsham demons) at the age of 16
Anyone could play full foward in that team with the amount of ball that comes in. Will play most games with the rebels next year but won't go much further than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back