World Cup Crowds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to tonights game at the G, massive crowd with great atmosphere, although I'm only a Melbourne supporter so I hardly ever see crowds like that there, only better crowds I've been apart of at the G are the Soccer world cup qualifiers

theres something to be said about pricing structure, which they got almost perfect. Hope the final doesn't price too many people out, especially if Australia/India don't make it.
The cheapest tickets left are $175...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Dhawan scored his hundred it was the loudest roar I've ever heard at a sporting event. Great atmosphere, especially when India were batting.

I bit OT, but the loudest roar I've heard anywhere in a sporting stadium was at the 2000 Olympics when Jai Terema was jumping for gold.
I wonder how yesterday compared to that.

Will go on record and saying that the CWC final won't sell out at $175 for the cheapest ticket, even if Australia make it.
There was a cheaper category, but that's all sold out. So there were probably 5 seats in that category.

Will go on record and saying that the CWC final won't sell out at $175 for the cheapest ticket, even if Australia make it.
I dont share your pessimism. An India v Australia final would be massive and sell out easily. There are obviously 80,000 fanatical Indian supporters at least, judging by yesterdays match. There has never been a Cricket World Cup final on these shores with Australia playing either. My worry is that the ground would have more Indians than Australians in that scenario.

The prices arent too different from an AFL Grand Final which sells out, and the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony. England v Pakistan drew in the high 80s in 1992, not sure about how the prices stack up in comparison though.

Just goes to show that the people will Rock up in numbers if the game means something.

The carlton mid bi-Tri-quad series has lost all meaning as odi tournament

Especially this year when we had the WC waiting in the wings.

I really think the ODIs should be played before the test matches as a kind of warm up and a chance for us locals to familiarise ourselves with the visiting team. Maybe even play them in regional areas where they would probably get better crowds.

final would be massive and sell out easily. There are obviously 80,000 fanatical Indian supporters at least, judging by yesterdays match. There has never been a Cricket World Cup final on these shores with Australia playing either. My worry is that the ground would have more Indians than Australians in that scenario.

a lot of indians travel nowadays, most of those guys from yesterday must have bought tickets&made arrangements a year in advance. no way would u find that many local indians willing to turn up.

not sure whats happening with the final, but i'd expect a fairly even split of aus/india fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back