Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes Tiger

All Australian
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Well lads, who's gonna launch an assault on the bookies come June/July?? I think our boys are gonna get pumped but what the heck watch some round ball and throw some bets down anyhow.

Sportsbet odds for outright

Brazil 4.00
Argentina 6.00
Germany 6.50
Spain 7.50
Belgium 20.00
France 21.00
Italy 26.00
Portugal 26.00
Colombia 26.00
Uruguay 26.00
Holland 26.00
England 26.00
Chile 46.00
Russia 71.00

As for the others I cant be bothered listing.

• Banned
I think Chile at $1.50 to beat us are a great price. Sanchez of Barca, Vidal and Isla of Juventus have too much for the roos.

Get on.

Well worth the profit mate. Awesome strike rate.

To be honest I dont think I could hit that if it was betting on WIN,LOSS or DRAW. With handicap betting its a slightly different story.

As it is I get overwhelmed with all the AFL betting and being up to date with everything going on. Like is Riewoldt going to be a big enough knob to be suspended by the Richmond Club to worry about.

Last edited:
  • Banned
To be honest I dont think I could hit that if it was betting on WIN,LOSS or DRAW. With handicap betting its a slightly different story.

As it is I get overwhelmed with all the AFL betting and being up to date with everything going on. Like is Riewoldt going to be a big enough knob to be suspended by the Richmond Club to worry about.
Lol I was being sarcastic grott. 0.2 units after 64 games;)at least he didn't lose though, would of had a bit of fun.

I understand, stick to what you know and don't take on too much.

I will definitely be following the tournament, so I'll take a look at other markets and keep an eye on this thread.

Hopefully we'll all find some good value. Its a drag that they are all on at crazy times though... Watching the games is an important part of refining your strategy.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

I will definitely be following the tournament, so I'll take a look at other markets and keep an eye on this thread.

Hopefully we'll all find some good value. Its a drag that they are all on at crazy times though... Watching the games is an important part of refining your strategy.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

It will be interesting the odds offered here for Australia to win their matches, I presume with possible high local public expectation you may get better odds backing the opposition winning then you would overseas.

It will be interesting the odds offered here for Australia to win their matches, I presume with possible high local public expectation you may get better odds backing the opposition winning then you would overseas.

So oppo will be $1.02 here as opposed to $1.01 overseas.

Australia no goals in the World Cup at $4 - Chile, Holland, Spain. (own goals do NOT count)

Not a bad bet. If Australia fail in the Chile match, against European powerhouses I cant see us scoring.

If anyone finds a bookie where you can bet how many goals we will concede in the group stage please post here. Would like to sample 10+.

If anyone finds a bookie where you can bet how many goals we will concede in the group stage please post here. Would like to sample 10+.
I agree Paris. I can see both the dutch and spaniards winning by a cricket score. Chile should thump us as well, at least 3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paris having a look now and ill look even further, Australia are 6-1 to concede the most goals in group play. Theyre the favourite. Be weary of Iran also. Im expecting Argentina to thump at least 6 past them. Bosnia with Dzeko could also bang in 3 or 4 on the Iranians. Costa Rica should get blitzed also with their group containing Italy, Uruguay and England. Spain could destroy Australia 9-0 I reckon should they be in the mood. They may have to be for goal difference fighting it out with Holland and Chile to get to the 2nd round.

I like there to be more than 165 goals at 3.30 at the world cup. Risky bet, but I see this being a very high scoring world cup.

I like there to be more than 165 goals at 3.30 at the world cup. Risky bet, but I see this being a very high scoring world cup.

No concern with the heat stifling scoring? Especially in all European match ups?

No concern with the heat stifling scoring? Especially in all European match ups?
I knew this question would be posed Paris, my answer is no. Now I know we can't gauge whole heartedly off last years Confeds cup in brazil and compare it to this one as that tournament doesn't mean a great deal, but it still bodes well to know there was a lot of goals scored even with the hot and humid conditions. At the end of the day, teams still played to win and not lose { at least most of them } and there were goals aplenty. Not as much on the line is certainly a reason, but not the total truth behind it. Also, Brazil is a football obsessed and highly attacking nation and I believe they will set the tone for the cup in the first game and many others will employ a more offense minded mentality being in the home of football {Brazil is the real home of football, theyre the best in the world. Not England } Another reason, there are some rubbish teams to be at the 2014 world cup. There will be several hidings. Iran, Costa Rica, Australia, Honduras, any team in group A vs Brazil, will be on the end of one if not more comprehensive score lines. On the other end of that some heavy duty attacking weapons will be ready and roaring to fire on all cylinders and are waiting to be unleashed.

Yes there will be games approached with caution as so much at stake, and sure some teams will struggle amongst the conditions. But this will truly be a sporting showpiece for all to witness and one of the greatest world cups ever. Brazil will certainly put on a show. If memory serves correct the last highest scoring tournament was France 1998 with 171 goals. This world cup will leave that one in it's stride.

;)

I'm also considering Chile -1 @ 2.40.
I've got a mate that did the same thing. smashed 4k straight out, and 2k on the -1. His reasoning is even if the -1 doesn't hit, the h2h will. I gotta agree! Bloody compulsive gambler could win a million bucks he'd give it all back that same day lol.

Will bet on every game this world cup. Here is the first 3 days of action. Bit early but I'm excited.

Brazil
v Croatia 5U @1.28
Mexico v Cameroon Draw 1U @3.00
Spain v Netherlands 1U @4.00
Chile v Australia 5U @1.55
Colombia v Greece 1U @1.57
Uruguay v Costa Rica 2U @1.33
England v Italy Draw 1U @2.85
Ivory Coast v Japan 1U @2.90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad