Would ot be bad if the Aussie lost this series to England?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Now before you all go ballistic at me, I dont actually want to see an Aussie team lose to England, but the repercussions may be interesting.

This is a meaningless series. However imagine what will happen if the Aussies, after being so cocky all summer come up short against a team ridiculed as the worst ODI team here for many a season.

If we lost the selectors may have to make some hard decisions. McGrath may have to go, Watson certainly, has had so many chances and he never improves, and a few other changes before the World Cup.

Also it would be a spur to win the only real One Day series that means anything, a bit like losing the Ashes in 2005.

When the Aussies lost in 98 Healy and Taylor were dropped, in 2002 or 3 Steve Waugh was flicked after a One Day series loss. There is no use taking deadwood to the WI's if we aren't coming back with the cup.

We need rejuvenation and a kick up the arse in One Day cricket

Watson never improves is this the same guy that was equal leader in the one day player of the year before he got injured and the same guy who AVG 18 with the ball in the last one day series. Not to mention his 50 odd not out in the final.

Now before you all go ballistic at me, I dont actually want to see an Aussie team lose to England, but the repercussions may be interesting.

This is a meaningless series. However imagine what will happen if the Aussies, after being so cocky all summer come up short against a team ridiculed as the worst ODI team here for many a season.

If we lost the selectors may have to make some hard decisions. McGrath may have to go, Watson certainly, has had so many chances and he never improves, and a few other changes before the World Cup.

Also it would be a spur to win the only real One Day series that means anything, a bit like losing the Ashes in 2005.

When the Aussies lost in 98 Healy and Taylor were dropped, in 2002 or 3 Steve Waugh was flicked after a One Day series loss. There is no use taking deadwood to the WI's if we aren't coming back with the cup.

We need rejuvenation and a kick up the arse in One Day cricket

B U L L S H I T ! ! ! ! !

He was looking the goods as an opener in CT and MLF Cup, and one game back from injury, he is supposed to be a match-winner

McGrath may have to go...? what sort of a call is that! He is going!

Yes I hate us to lose anything but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Would give the players a bit of a kick up the ass, to start playing properly, not farting around. Look like we're taking it too easily atm.

Poor batting today, poor bowling in the main for the last 4 or 5 games and horrendous fielding.

No taking the half chances, terrible dropped catches and pathetic misfields.

No taking the half chances, terrible dropped catches and pathetic misfields.

This series has been a shocker for that by all 3 sides.

Some atrocious fielding, I mean England are known for their pathetic fielding but Australia and NZ have good reputations

Do you think that axing McGrath on the eve of the World Cup would be a smart move?

Which Australian fast bowlers are better?

Reminds me a bit of Adelaide last season.

Were world beaters then Craig had the bright idea of amping up training prior to the finals.

Players got injured, lost form and confidence.

Punter has been saying they have been training very hard and will taper some as the WC approaches.

Similarities?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back