WWE Fastlane, Sunday 8th October 2023, 11am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

CODY HAS FINISHED THE STORY

wwe-machomankid.gif
Fall from Grace.. gone from World Title contender to a tag team.

Jey looks unfit as ever.

Missed great op for Rock to come out and put the bloodline back in place.

Yep, that was all kinds of meh. Opener was probably the best match.

I don't mind the non-"Big 4-6" PLEs being shorter shows with less matches, but stretching 5 matches out to almost 3 hours without any significant non-match segment is well & truly pushing it. 'Payback' got the format much more correct.

Ignoring the details of each storyline, the actual structure of Rollins' feuds with Balor & Nakamura have been practically identical. That's just not on when the feuds are back-to-back like these 2 were.

Great opener, although I'm not a fan of the Cody/Jey Uso tag team. Jey Uso's taunt reminds me of Rikishi's "raising the roof" taunt.

God that Pizza Hut ad was awful.

Good to see Carlito, wish they kept his old theme though.

A lot of ass kissing with Pat calling Cole the goat commentator, then Cole calling Cena the goat wrestler in the same seg.

Holy s**t. Watch from the 25 min mark..Jey is absolutely tanked lol, so so funny.

Fully expect 'YEET' to catch on now. Haha

Last edited:
Holy s**t. Watch from the 25 min mark..Jey is absolutely tanked lol, so so funny.

Fully expect 'YEET' to catch on now. Haha
hasn't caught on the last 6 months+ they've been trying

Great opener, although I'm not a fan of the Cody/Jey Uso tag team. Jey Uso's taunt reminds me of Rikishi's "raising the roof" taunt.

God that Pizza Hut ad was awful.

Good to see Carlito, wish they kept his old theme though.

A lot of ass kissing with Pat calling Cole the goat commentator, then Cole calling Cena the goat wrestler in the same seg.
I’d prefer a proper tag team won the belts but there is a lot of wrestling history between the Rhodes and Anoi families. I don’t mind it for a short term thing to help develop a story.

Probably leads to Priest being removed from the Judgement Day which would be a shame he suits that role perfect. Wasn’t a huge fan of his as a face , he’s more suited to this.

Can’t say it was an all timer. But I thought it was pretty fun and was a good way to progress some stories and be a good stepping stone to a few more twists and turns. Crowd was pretty good all night, full house and heaps of energy.

Genuine shock that Rhodes and Uso won the tag titles but interested to see what way that goes and what it means for the Judgment Day.

Carlito returning was “cool”, despite being obvious. Moment would have been cooler with his original entrance music. Just change it later. Interested to see what he does now that he seems back full time.

With all the interesting stuff going on and Reigns returning next week, I feel like Seth Rollins is falling further and further down my interest tree.
Disappointing he didn’t sell his apparent back injury more, although overall the match was pretty good and some of the spots were pretty cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t say it was an all timer. But I thought it was pretty fun and was a good way to progress some stories and be a good stepping stone to a few more twists and turns. Crowd was pretty good all night, full house and heaps of energy.

Genuine shock that Rhodes and Uso won the tag titles but interested to see what way that goes and what it means for the Judgment Day.

Carlito returning was “cool”, despite being obvious. Moment would have been cooler with his original entrance music. Just change it later. Interested to see what he does now that he seems back full time.

With all the interesting stuff going on and Reigns returning next week, I feel like Seth Rollins is falling further and further down my interest tree.
Disappointing he didn’t sell his apparent back injury more, although overall the match was pretty good and some of the spots were pretty cool.
Seth has been impacted by the lack of challenges to that title, it was obvious he wasn't losing the belt early on so the Balor and Nakamura feuds are a bit meh you know he isn't dropping it and the Balor one was overshadowed by the Judgement Day in fighting.

The natural best heel challenge for him is Gunther but I think they will save that for Mania. They are in a bit of a pickle La Knight is the hottest talent at present, selling the most merch , getting the best positive reactions, strap the rocket on the mega star but he's on the opposite show to Seth and won't take it off him and they won't take it off Roman.

In terms of Seth perhaps they do a heel Drew feud with him, there is Sami and KO but again currently faces. Kross is another heel who could be used for Seth to go over in a feud but again on a different show and there doesn't seem to be to many options for him to feud with on SD.

I’d love them to keep Nakamura hot, but cant see him continuing challenging for the title, so they’ll have to find another way.

Heel McIntyre seems the next possible challenger but his gripes seem to be more with the whole gang of guys who are now forgiving of Jey Uso.

Can’t see Owens remaining face for much longer too. Can’t imagine Uso and Rhodes winning the tag titles going down well with Owens. But his story isn’t with Seth if it goes that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back