2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 3 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest crowd since 2000 HaroldOliver

I liked Amon too, he's starting to pick up the pace. Was clobbered a couple of times running in as third up at ruck bounces, no protection from the umpires. But picked himself up and kept going. Good tough stuff. Good hands and neat skills. Can jump too when he's not getting checked.

one of Amon's hits was right in front of us, he was not well, left his lunch on Woodville oval

one of Amon's hits was right in front of us, he was not well, left his lunch on Woodville oval

Was that on his hands and knees behind Heath?

They'll bankrupt themselves trying to keep up - a few are barely treading water already. The AFL should start a reserves competition.
Should of. Used to have one. We are locked in now. Got a contract to stay in sanfl for how long?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Should of. Used to have one. We are locked in now. Got a contract to stay in sanfl for how long?

Long enough to turn them into a wasteland.

yep, what actually happened was kind of a blur, was a pack contest and next thing he's on all fours.

He was running in third up and was picked off. Pretty pissweak by the Eagles player really and the umps should have given Amon a free kick.

Very good performance today, from what I could see in between chasing my 3 year old around, Newton, Moore, Neade, Mitchell and Stewart were standouts. I really liked Steven Summerton's game as well, great job as captain leading from the front. Tough day for forwards given the wind but I'm starting to worry about Butcher. At this rate Mitch Harvey looks far more likely to make it than he does and Harvey is only just starting. Down back Clurey again looked impressive, he's not far away from it either. Great thing about the Magpies at the moment is there are so many guys in form and putting their hands up for selection.

It's also great to see the glory days of the SANFL back as all the fans of the other clubs have been hoping for. Surely they remember those glory days included a very strong Port Adelaide that was rarely beaten?:D Or did they conveniently forget that when they tried to divide and conquer us from 97-13?

Show the buggers no mercy, we MUST win the Premiership this season.

Moronic sanfl supporters. Fact is the sanfl just got a payout of how many millions? If it dosent go the club's than they should be pickiting sanfl headquarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither had a heap of it but did good things that suggest they will be handy players in the coming seasons. Byrne-Jones can attack off half back and will chop off attacks with charging spoils or gathers. Amon has clean hands and neat skills, starting to find it more at this level. Can leap too.

Was great to see so many senior players (including Chad Wingard with thongs and taped ankle) sitting in the outer watching the game.

Uggggggh, Butch. We need him so badly against Geelong and he's just gone and made himself virtually unselectable. Maybe we could bring in P. Stew and tell him to tag Harry Taylor or something. Uggggggh. Dammit Butch.

Would love to see Newton in. He's well and truly overtaken Moore as next cab off the rank IMO. But maybe his debut would be better saved for GWS rather than throwing him to the wolves against the 5-0 Cats, especially since it's very hard to justify dropping anyone the way we're going.

... Was great to see so many senior players (including Chad Wingard with thongs and taped ankle) sitting in the outer watching the game.
Thought I saw Chad in the southern grandstand. Looked sulky, was playing with his phone. Looked 16 y.o.

Ah Chee really painting himself into a corner.
I again thought he wasn't too bad, gave a few neat handballs and looked lively up forward. Looked far more dangerous than Butcher. I think you're trying to paint him into a corner. AhChe, Amon, Heath, Neade and Young were the four I though "with time" today.

Mitchell of old today, P.Stewart good at either end, Haren fantastic all day in any position. Buggermann can't ruck. Newton leap frogged Moore, Andrew did some silly things today!

A few good Eagles lads I wouldn't mind seeing in the AFL system

Is Butch injured? Because 2 kicks and 1 mark from 67 inside 50s is looking horrendous on paper
The supply was something to be seen, Mitchell wouldn't have hit the shed at birth 18 today and the Eagles flooded like their was no tomorrow!

My daughter spotted Robbie Gray, HH, Cam and Mason.

Chad, Ollie, Jacko and White were on the mound too and Lobbe and Jonas up in the stand.

Is Butch injured? Because 2 kicks and 1 mark from 67 inside 50s is looking horrendous on paper

The one mark was an uncontested grab filling the hole at half back. Struggled badly. Spilled a couple early then never looked like it. Good defensive pressure but Hitchcock was more of a threat in the air. Butcher even roved a Cam marking attempt.

... the Eagles flooded like their (sic) was no tomorrow!
Weird that. The third quarter they outplayed us, especially the 1st 2/3 of that quarter, and they came back strongly on the scoreboard. Then the final quarter they abjectly surrendered for no reason. They spent it almost 100% flooding our forward zone and trying to defend a 5 goal deficit, which slowly blew out accordingly. One of the stranger coaching performances I've seen.

My daughter is devastated - she loves Ollie. We were on the half forward flank near the scoreboard away from the 'action' obviously.

You would have been diagonally opposite where the players were sitting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back