2nds WWT Eagles vs Port Adelaide - Round 3 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Newton appears to have turned the corner. Twelve months ago I thought he would not make it at AFL level but now he is a chance of being called up at some stage this season. That is not to say he is a star in the making but he has made progress.
Aaaah, now there's a very familiar avatar belonging to you raptalia - nudge nudge wink wink say no more.;):cool:

Edit:- damn your avatar didn't come out when I quoted your post - anyway, people can look back in this thread a bit to find it.

Last edited:
what happened to renouf[/quote]

he rolled his ankle against glenelg and probably was still a but sore, at a guess.

Aaaah, now there's a very familiar avatar belonging to you raptalia - nudge nudge wink wink say no more.;):cool:

Edit:- damn your avatar didn't come out when I quoted your post - anyway, people can look back in this thread a bit to find it.

It's OK Creighton Mr Pie & Sauce has been tagged

Academy stats vs Eagles
http://www.sanfl.com.au/files/_system/File/PDFs/2014/Reserves/Round3_res.pdf
Bl4WB2VCAAEIHd0.jpg

Krakouer still needs to get his fitness up to scratch.
Danny Butcher/Sawford/Gordon/Hawkins going ok.
Tom Gray surely will be a SANFL player next year.
Venter still needs to find his feet in this sport.

Academy stats vs Eagles
http://www.sanfl.com.au/files/_system/File/PDFs/2014/Reserves/Round3_res.pdf
Bl4WB2VCAAEIHd0.jpg

Krakouer still needs to get his fitness up to scratch.
Danny Butcher/Sawford/Gordon/Hawkins going ok.
Tom Gray surely will be a SANFL player next year.
Venter still needs to find his feet in this sport.
Sawford and Hawkins numbers have been good each game now, I dint think Foster has 1 ineffective disposal yet, just need to find more of the footy. That was Ross' worst game statistically, not sure if he played a different role? Gordon I really like the look of!

Sawford and Hawkins numbers have been good each game now, I dint think Foster has 1 ineffective disposal yet, just need to find more of the footy. That was Ross' worst game statistically, not sure if he played a different role? Gordon I really like the look of!
Didn't watch the game the other day but from what I saw in the game vs Norwood reserves, I like the goal scoring duo of "Gordon/Ramsey" no pun intended.

Both are big blokes

So I'm guessing no one wants Newton to be promoted?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

One of the real differences between the Power side this year and that of last year is the number of players who made our side last year but cannot crack it this year. We have at least two recruits in Polec and White who are going pretty well, a new kid in Sam Gray has earned his chance. As a result players like Moore, Butcher, Colquhoun, O'Shea, Stewart, Hitchcock, Young, Neade and Heath all of who made our side last year have had to spend time in the SANFL this year. We are building depth on our list so someone who deserves a chance may not get it straight away I see this as a good sign.

I think Adam Newton is probably earned a shot at the AFL but there are plenty of others in the mix as well.

One of the real differences between the Power side this year and that of last year is the number of players who made our side last year but cannot crack it this year. We have at least two recruits in Polec and White who are going pretty well, a new kid in Sam Gray has earned his chance. As a result players like Moore, Butcher, Colquhoun, O'Shea, Stewart, Hitchcock, Young, Neade and Heath all of who made our side last year have had to spend time in the SANFL this year. We are building depth on our list so someone who deserves a chance may not get it straight away I see this as a good sign.

I think Adam Newton is probably earned a shot at the AFL but there are plenty of others in the mix as well.
its ben newton matrix... ozzie wont be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee was lining up less than a metre inside the 50m line when he handballed it on to Hitchcock. The man on the mark was about 35 to 40m. It looked more like a selfish demand from Hitchcock than it did a no confidence to kick for goal from Ah Chee. That play should be Hitchcock rounding Ah Chee from behind him rarther than in front where he needed to turn almost 360 degrees to face the goal. He got away with it against the amatuers.

Yes raptalia it is BEN Newton.

Ah Chee handballing off to Hitchcock instead of going back and slotting it himself?? Looks like he didn't even have the confidence from 35m straight in front. At the very least he could snag one to pad his already average stat line

I like the unselfishness but I just really want to see Ah Chee in the contest a bit more.
I hope next game Budda just gives him a big role, Throw him in the middle instead of the wing or half fwd flank.
Kane Mitchell is on the rookie list and has proved himself to be a great SANFL player so having him on the wing/half fwd instead of the middle for 1 game won't be a huge sacrifice.

Ah Chee was lining up less than a metre inside the 50m line when he handballed it on to Hitchcock. The man on the mark was about 35 to 40m. It looked more like a selfish demand from Hitchcock than it did a no confidence to kick for goal from Ah Chee ....
However you view that particular play The_Sheek's view of it does pretty well summarise the approach of the two players through the whole game. Ah Chee was an occasional link player at best, Hitchy was seeking AFL selection.

I liked KT's comment in this morning's press. He puts the Magpies good form down to playing an AFL style game and basically said the other teams need to adopt the same style of play. That is similar to what we said pre AFL days, we kept telling the other SANFL clubs to stop bitching and penalising us and to lift their standard up to ours. They did did not listen then and I suspect that they will not listen now.

I liked KT's comment in this morning's press. He puts the Magpies good form down to playing an AFL style game and basically said the other teams need to adopt the same style of play. That is similar to what we said pre AFL days, we kept telling the other SANFL clubs to stop bitching and penalising us and to lift their standard up to ours. They did did not listen then and I suspect that they will not listen now.

And that's how Norwood beat us, because they adapted.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but this was the response to the weekend's results from the Speaker of the House.

Where was this level of protest and derision when the SANFL Commissioners banished the Magpies to Ethelton and 'condemned us to winters with all the variety' of the Portuguese Premeira Liga: Will it be FC Porto or FC Porto?

Do not be fooled, Atkinson does not have a balanced view on these matters, and if Port was to be condemned in a way that guaranteed they would finish bottom every year for eternity he would call it fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back