Yeo's spoil/hit on Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't say i'm mad, but it did get pretty tiresome watching the constant ducking and flopping by your team today. Fair effort having the umpires bent over each week though.
You're not wrong. If we didn't get a few extra free kicks, then I'm sure you guys would've been at least 53 points better off.

My favourite part of the game was when Armitage rammed his head into Shuey's torso but, because Shuey knew the rules, he didn't tackle and the game was waved play on.

Thats a week.....if the game was played in slow motion ;)
Hits like this always look bad played slow...In real time, was clearly trying to spoil.....I suppose it could be "careless"....Thats a pretty broad term.
This post pretty much sums it up. Watch it in normal time and it looks like something that happens in every quarter of every game (except just managed to get him in the nose).

Slow it down and it looks worse because, well, there is always a long delay in slow motion…

Not sure if this has been mention but was just listening to alan richardson's presser and he said it wasn't yeos hit that gave him concussion, it was friendly fire.

Not sure if this has been mention but was just listening to alan richardson's presser and he said it wasn't yeos hit that gave him concussion, it was friendly fire.

Yeah, he came back on couple of minutes after the Yeo hit and played out the quarter. The last time I saw him on the footage was with 18 seconds left til half time. I'm not sure if he was concussed in the last 18 sec, or if he had been put back on the ground with concussion earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Yeo deserves a suspension, but how that wasn't a 50m penalty is beyond me. That is exactly what the rule is there for, he punched him after he had already marked it.
He missed contact with the ball by about an inch, and it was soon enough that if he had made contact with the ball, it may have been ruled a genuine spoil. Given reports he wasn't subbed for this contact, shouldn't even be cited.

bit hard to judge when i'm obviously biased by what i want to happen, but it was hardly a dog act. he attempted to spoil the ball, came in from behind at an awkward angle a fraction late and copped webster in the nose. bummed for webster that he was legitimately hurt from it. that said, you see things like that happen all the time where a defender ends up missing the ball and hitting someone in the head and it's simply a free kick/play on, the outcome was just very unfortunate in this case.

so didn't think it was all that bad, but wouldn't be surprised if he misses a week.

what difference does the medical report mean? Riewoldt clashed heads in a careless tackle last week, but does that mean he should get a week? Or because he also hurt himself he is let off.

Accidental contact happens hundreds of times each round.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-05-23/is-yeo-in-strife

Has to be said again - Tim Watson you are a fckwit. In the replay he says "as a player you know its in the contest you try and do as much damage as you possibly can". Go fck yourself Watson. Along with your comments after the game you obviously want Yeo to be suspended, despite the fact that he was about 4 inches from spoiling the ball, or less than a tenth of a second from making contact with the ball. Nothing like Lewis' whatsoever.

Guy wasn't subbed off from this incident, it was from a later one according to fox footy.

If Waite got off then Yeo has nothing to worry about

Not saying anything about that, all i'm saying is it was never a realistic attempt at spoiling and he forced Webster out of the game.

What a croc. Did you actually see it. If you did you are just talking shite. It was in the contest. Bitter for losing by any chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back