Society & Culture Your experiences with ice...

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting topic and its obvious that it can become very easy to judge on the subject
My opinion, for what its worth, is that the risks are much too high to even contemplate using drugs to get high

That's the crux of it for me. I saw a report once showing slides of a cross section of a person's serentonin cells before, straight after and 12 months after MDMA. The fact that the cells hadn't returned to normal even a year later put me off even dabbling in that area.

I smoked weed a little bit before (like once a year) with mixed results. It was fun but I used to get paranoid. It didn't relax me like alcohol. And I couldn't function at all the next day with the brain fog. But I've never had so much fun playing super Mario kart...felt like I was actually in the game. I also took some "legal ecstasy" pill once from a store - who knew what the * that was - felt good for one minute and then I was sick for a week.

Ice sounds like a shocker. I would do what I could to keep friends and family away from it.

Last edited:
I mean we all know society has degenerated into a cesspool and been dumbed down, but who knew there were people who thought drugs are good.

It certainly has been dumbed down when you read the following. You're basically a digitized quote machine.

If you're going to be anti drugs at least know why you are. Not because you saw some government advertising.

Why bother making drug dealers rich, why dont you just go by some household detergents and brake fluid and put that in your body?
For a better effect I hear mixing it up with other random harmful ingredients in a filthy bathtub is the way to go.

Once again just displaying your inability to think for yourself. I suggest you Google erowid and PIKHaL and you can see what should go into drugs.

It'll also introduce you to Alexander Shulgin - one of the 20th centuries great minds. A chemist, drug advocate (although he wasn't a fan of the party scene), drug user who lived a full and healthy life to nearly 90 years with his wife Ann.

That aforementioned drugs do not follow the processes that the likes of Shulgin and Hoffman prescribed is due to a combination of government prohibition, public ignorance and human greed.

Sure mate, if it helps you feel better about your pathetic attitude to drugs, sure, tell your self I've got no experience with drugs or people affected by drugs.
If you do your certainly not showing much rational way of discussing it.

Anyway I'll leave a few links but I'm not expecting much in return.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../201010/why-intelligent-people-use-more-drugs

http://www.thefix.com/content/steve-jobs-think-different-and-lsd-9143

I also took some "legal ecstasy" pill once from a store - who knew what the **** that was - felt good for one minute and then I was sick for a week.
Almost certainly mephedrone. Horrible horrible stuff. The only legal pills that I came across that were fine was DMAA (not branded as that). It's main active ingredient was a geranium extract. I did a bit of research on the various ingredients in legal pills and aside from DMAA they were either in dosages to low to have any effect or just downright dangerous. Funnily enough DMAA was banned a few years back whilst all the other horrific pills were still legal. Funny that eh?

I believe mephedrone is now banned too.

I don;t know if its ice or not but a teacher at my school has been on leave twice now and the buzz is that its drug related. She started a couple of years ago at the school and she was really fit and kinda model looks. I had her last year for home ec and somedays she would be real edgy and kinda rush things and make heaps of mistakes with her examples and stuff. She had leave last year and came back was really good but this year she started looking really bad and her breathe always stank and she would like turn up with dirty hair and sweats. Her teeth went rotten and her face is all cracked and wrinkled and s**t and so she is off on leave again.

Really sad because when she is straight, she is really good and one of everyone's favourite teachers.:(

You guys shouldn't judge so much, a lot of people have s**t to deal with in their lives that they don't share or get help for and so many of them use drugs or alcohol to deal with it. Never say never.

I like the insults flying in here both direct and indirect.

FYI, to the "experts"..I base my opinions on my own experiences and the experiences of those around me in my life. Not on government advertising.

You've given me a stitch from all the laughing at your stupidity caused by your rush to prove how intelligent you are and how knowledgable you are on the subject.
You're having a go at me, because you assume I've based my opinion on what the government is saying and putting out there. And then you tell me to read(presumably to change my opinion) what others have written. Simply priceless. Never mind that I've already stated in previous posts that I'm against these harder drugs because of experiences in my life. You obviously know better about my life then I do.

Once again just displaying your inability to think for yourself. I suggest you Google erowid and PIKHaL and you can see what should go into drugs.

Talk about being a flog who can't comprehend what he is reading. I thought that other guy had issues, but you take the cake.
I'm not talking about what should go in to them, not now, not before, and not in the future. I don't give a crap.
What I give a s**t about is the POISON that is on the streets that people are taking. THAT is what I have been talking about.
Whatever the hell you and that other unstable bloke are raving on about in between throwing insults at me, I don't give a toss about.

So rack off and go fry some more of your brain cells.

but you just don't seem to know much about the topic, is all. oh, drugs can be dangerous? there are risks involved with drug taking? hold the ******* front page. everyone here is really grateful for such depth and insight :thumbsu:

the EU's relevant body has studied portugal's experiment for more than a decade (i provided 2 news articles + the studies already). if you really did care about the things you claim (eg "poisons" or the general danger of drug use in society) you wouldn't hold such fearful, prohibitionist views. pretty much any negative impact you are concerned about has been shown to have reduced under decriminalisation.

you panic over the perceived dangers but at the same time support social or political controls that exacerbate those dangers. your opinions are not logically consistent.

I like the insults flying in here both direct and indirect.

FYI, to the "experts"..I base my opinions on my own experiences and the experiences of those around me in my life. Not on government advertising.

You've given me a stitch from all the laughing at your stupidity caused by your rush to prove how intelligent you are and how knowledgable you are on the subject.
You're having a go at me, because you assume I've based my opinion on what the government is saying and putting out there. And then you tell me to read(presumably to change my opinion) what others have written. Simply priceless. Never mind that I've already stated in previous posts that I'm against these harder drugs because of experiences in my life. You obviously know better about my life then I do.

Talk about being a flog who can't comprehend what he is reading. I thought that other guy had issues, but you take the cake.
I'm not talking about what should go in to them, not now, not before, and not in the future. I don't give a crap.
What I give a s**t about is the POISON that is on the streets that people are taking. THAT is what I have been talking about.
Whatever the hell you and that other unstable bloke are raving on about in between throwing insults at me, I don't give a toss about.

So rack off and go fry some more of your brain cells.

Long Live HFC's gonna love you :p

Anyone from Perth know what the Ice scene around Perth is like? Seems to me like it's more of a Victoria and to a lesser extent NSW thing to me. Granted I'm from a private school and tend to hang around with middle class people most of the time, but I'm from a pretty average area (Mandurah) but I've never heard of people going out and using it every weekend, let alone at all. All about pills around here.

Woo hoo I take the cake. Winner winner chicken dinner.

227184733_girl_eating_chocolate_cake_280X280_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Enjoyed a line or two of Dublins finest earlier this afternoon. Laying in bed and hoping my brain cells are gone for good ;)

Back to topic I got asking about meth tonight and over in Ireland it's cheap as *. 20 euro for a quarter gram. So that puts it about 1/5th the price of Australia. But by and large it does not seem to be passing into society like back in oz.

People are much happier taking a pill for a fiver or a gram of coke for 80 euro.

Not something for now but it's be interesting to see why the difference in attitudes. Drug taking is much more ubiquitous in the UK and Ireland. But yet speed and ice have a big stigma against them. For the better IMO but it would be interesting to know why.

Paul Kelly wrote in How to Make Gravy, "Heroin was the one for me, the recreational drug of choice. It's molecules, and mine seemed made for each other. Forget marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, barbiturates, and the rest. Heroin was the perfect fit. Pot, and acid were to freaky, ecstasy too lovey-dovey, coke too expensive, mandies too messy, and speed just made me want to take heroin."
I think people find their drug of choice, for many it's booze, I like to smoke, that's what suits me. Unfortunately for those who find that ice is their thing, the side effects seem to be so much greater.

Anyone from Perth know what the Ice scene around Perth is like? Seems to me like it's more of a Victoria and to a lesser extent NSW thing to me. Granted I'm from a private school and tend to hang around with middle class people most of the time, but I'm from a pretty average area (Mandurah) but I've never heard of people going out and using it every weekend, let alone at all. All about pills around here.

whats that got to do with anything?

people still picture the regular ice user as the media has portrayed them ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone able to explain to me what the difference is between ice and plain old speed? Back in the 80s, the speed sold by the bikies was crystalline in composition, and incredibly pure. So I'm assuming that these can't be the factors which distinguish the two. Back then, speed was snorted. How is ice usually taken?

Regarding the incipient anger resulting from amphetamine use, this effect also applied with ordinary speed. If you want to endure hell, share a house with a partner who is also hooked on the stuff. I must say that withdrawal from that type of speed was in no way as painful as is being made out about getting off ice.

I'm surprised you live in Mandurah and haven't come across ice users. Plenty of drug stuffed junkies in that town. Probably not in the canal estates so much.

Do people actually live in the canal parts?

Always seems so empty.

Mandurah is a weird place. It's like the Golden Triangle suburbs right next to Armadale type suburbs.

Is anyone able to explain to me what the difference is between ice and plain old speed? Back in the 80s, the speed sold by the bikies was crystalline in composition, and incredibly pure. So I'm assuming that these can't be the factors which distinguish the two. Back then, speed was snorted. How is ice usually taken?

Regarding the incipient anger resulting from amphetamine use, this effect also applied with ordinary speed. If you want to endure hell, share a house with a partner who is also hooked on the stuff. I must say that withdrawal from that type of speed was in no way as painful as is being made out about getting off ice.
Ice is crystalline speed.

Ice is usually smoked in a crack pipe. It can be injected. It can - but shouldn't - be swallowed (not very effective) or snorted (painful).

I've only ever seen speed in powder form and its been quite chalky and pasty. You know its pretty cheap and nasty. Can be snorted (a little painful but not too bad if it's dried out) but I found best to rub in your gums.

What you're describing above is basically crystal methamphetamine. Interested to know how you guys took it?

Crystal meth is not a new thing. It does seem like there is a flood of cheap precursor chemicals coming from Asia and its not quite the same gear as people were getting years ago. I also believe smoking crystal is a new thing. Unless you wanna stay injecting, smoking is usually the best method for getting the best hit out of a drug.

The use of crystal meth even goes back and beyond WWII.

http://m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-901755.html#spRedirectedFrom=www&referrrer=

Ice is crystalline speed.

Ice is usually smoked in a crack pipe. It can be injected. It can - but shouldn't - be swallowed (not very effective) or snorted (painful).

I've only ever seen speed in powder form and its been quite chalky and pasty. You know its pretty cheap and nasty. Can be snorted (a little painful but not too bad if it's dried out) but I found best to rub in your gums.

What you're describing above is basically crystal methamphetamine. Interested to know how you guys took it?

Crystal meth is not a new thing. It does seem like there is a flood of cheap precursor chemicals coming from Asia and its not quite the same gear as people were getting years ago. I also believe smoking crystal is a new thing. Unless you wanna stay injecting, smoking is usually the best method for getting the best hit out of a drug.

The use of crystal meth even goes back and beyond WWII.

http://m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-901755.html#spRedirectedFrom=www&referrrer=

Reckon the gnarliest bogandust that I ever did was gooey, off-brown base that couldn't be smoked or snorted. Used to wrap it in a ciggie paper and "bomb" it.

I think the biggest difference is the amount of dopamine and serotonin that's released on ingesting meth. This *s up the neural pathways, therefore making it more difficult to come off

Brother in law and partner on the s**t. Drama after drama. Domestic violence, family breakdowns, kids taken off them, massive debts, visit from cops, comedowns, breakups, never again, next week back on it rince and repeat. My experience is basically as portrayed by the media. Oh how could i forget the wearing of horrendous daggy long skeeve t shirts and loose fitting dirty clothing...

Brother in law and partner on the s**t. Drama after drama. Domestic violence, family breakdowns, kids taken off them, massive debts, visit from cops, comedowns, breakups, never again, next week back on it rince and repeat. My experience is basically as portrayed by the media. Oh how could i forget the wearing of horrendous daggy long skeeve t shirts and loose fitting dirty clothing...

Yeah, of course there would be terrible situations and I'm sorry that you've had issues so close to home.

This is similar to people who would be terrible alcoholics.

I know a lot of ice addicts. 90% of them have jobs and unless you knew them, you'd have no idea.

My ice-addicted tenant caused $17,000 worth of damage to my property last year.

25 yr pot smoker here , never smoked ice. ( Licked a few j-bags in my time though )
Now i may be a bit dimmer than i used to be but this s**t just fries brain circuits.

Only 1 language an icehead understands too sadly...

Filthy filthy gutter drug.

Have a close relative who was on the needle for a good ( bad ) 2 years , came out the other side a totally different person.

My experience was very good until I had 3 house raids in 8 months and I've moved States and got of it since then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back