Society & Culture Your experiences with ice...

Remove this Banner Ad

I know people who have had it including myself no real issue apart from the s**t come down couple days later

Then again i could go 6/12 months without touching it but when i was a bit younger i would do it a couple times a month and never had an issue this went on for about an 8 month period

I think it all depends on the person and where they are at in life i have heard plenty of horror stories from people who know people but from what i have seen just another drug that people need to take in moderation

Last edited:

PR3qhDU.gif

apologies if already mentioned.

Alcohol and heart disease are bigger issues.

Ice epidemic is overblown. I wouldn't even know how to get it.

Well you get your Pseudoephedrine from the local pharmacy and extract it from there using ammonia.

Because getting your hands on the ammonia can be difficult people tend to make their own - which causes the occasional lab explosion because liquid propane is often used as the coolant.

I'm relatively good with chemistry and the like but I've never been able to wrap my head around that the same stuff that fixes your sinus problem is the same stuff that keeps you alert for hours (even days) on end.

Bumping this thread in wake of the tragic murder of Phil Walsh at the hands of his meth/ice-affected son.

I have long thought that it is a terrible drug that ought to be discouraged. People who have used the drug on numerous occasions yet defend it from harsh disapproval are not being truthful.

Bumping this thread in wake of the tragic murder of Phil Walsh at the hands of his meth/ice-affected son.

I have long thought that it is a terrible drug that ought to be discouraged. People who have used the drug on numerous occasions yet defend it from harsh disapproval are not being truthful.

Has it been said that his son was ice affected?

I'm not equipped with all the facts, so like most I'm speculating, but as the news of Phil Walsh's death filtered through yesterday morning - I had this awful feeling the attack may have been meth-related and my housemate validated my thoughts without even my mentioning it.

Jon Ralph (and probably some other journos) have already alluded to it being meth-related with giving any specific information, other than sanctimoniously suggested they know the history of situation (already) and the public do not.

If I was a tabloid journalist I'd probably extrapolate as follows;

- Fact: police say the resident son returns home at around 2am. There was an argument which resulted in Walsh being fatally stabbed multiple and the wife recieving non life threatening injuries.
- Inference: Son comes home and a violent altercation immediately ensues. This is consistent with medical and anecdotal evidence of ice-users "flipping out" disproportionately and aggressively.

- Fact: witnesses at the scene of arrest described the son as "jovial and laughing" when he was restrained.
- Inference: He must have been high on something.

- Fact: son has admitted on several websites to experimenting with recreational drugs, mostly whilst travelling. (mostly in a spiritual sense - hash, marijuana etc)
- Inference: marijuana is a gateway drug

- Fact: son was taken to Flinders Medical Centre for a psychiatric evaluation. He was then sedated bedside during a court hearing and was unable to give instructions to a lawyer.
- Inference: intravenous sedation is common hospital protocol for meth users to abate potential seizures and user agitation.

- Fact: Walsh admitted a "dis-connect" with his son which he was working to repair. Son admits on various websites of his admiration of his father's drive a will-power and feelings of inadequacy compared to him
- Inference: At root, feelings of inferiority may be been exacerbated by altered state of mind

From what can be discerned reading his online content and that fact he was able to live in the Walsh family home, seem to suggest he was not a bad guy. A relatively educated and intrepid traveller, who actually assisted in saving Phil's laugh during the accident in Peru.

The son seems an adventurous, idealist who wanted a great deal out of life. But when reality doesn't meet lofty expectations what fills the void?

I've known a few meth users - and I tell you what they had in common is they were/are talented people, idealists really. Soured idealists tend to turn misanthropic. Bottle up your anger and add any potentially psychosis-inducing drug such as methamphetamine and you get pure chaos and tragedy.

Last edited:
I'm not equipped with all the facts, so like most I'm speculating, but as the news of Phil Walsh's death filtered through yesterday morning - I had this awful feeling the attack may have been meth-related and my housemate validated my thoughts without even my mentioning it.

Jon Ralph (and probably some other journos) have already alluded to it being meth-related with giving any specific information, other than sanctimoniously suggested they know the history of situation (already) and the public do not.

If I was a tabloid journalist I'd probably extrapolate as follows;

- Fact: police say the resident son returns home at around 2am. There was an argument which resulted in Walsh being fatally stabbed multiple and the wife recieving non life threatening injuries.
- Inference: Son comes home and a violent altercation immediately ensues. This is consistent with medical and anecdotal evidence of ice-users "flipping out" disproportionately and aggressively.

- Fact: witnesses at the scene of arrest described the son as "jovial and laughing" when he was restrained.
- Inference: He must have been high on something.

- Fact: son has admitted on several websites to experimenting with recreational drugs, mostly whilst travelling. (mostly in a spiritual sense - hash, marijuana etc)
- Inference: marijuana is a gateway drug

- Fact: son was taken to Flinders Medical Centre for a psychiatric evaluation. He was then sedated bedside during a court hearing and was unable to give instructions to a lawyer.
- Inference: intravenous sedation is common hospital protocol for meth users to abate potential seizures and user agitation.

- Fact: Walsh admitted a "dis-connect" with his son which he was working to repair. Son admits on various websites of his admiration of his father's drive a will-power and feelings of inadequacy compared to him
- Inference: At root, feelings of inferiority may be been exacerbated by altered state of mind

From what can be discerned reading his online content and that fact he was able to live in the Walsh family home, seem to suggest he was not a bad guy. A relatively educated and intrepid traveller, who actually assisted in saving Phil's laugh during the accident in Peru.

The son seems an adventurous, idealist who wanted a great deal out of life. But when reality doesn't meet lofty expectations what fills the void?

I've known a few meth users - and I tell you what they had in common is they were/are talented people, idealists really. Soured idealists tend to turn misanthropic. Bottle up your anger and add any potentially psychosis-inducing drug such as methamphetamine and you get pure chaos and tragedy.
And what about psycopaths? Jason downie was not on ice as far as im aware

Anyone from Perth know what the Ice scene around Perth is like? Seems to me like it's more of a Victoria and to a lesser extent NSW thing to me. Granted I'm from a private school and tend to hang around with middle class people most of the time, but I'm from a pretty average area (Mandurah) but I've never heard of people going out and using it every weekend, let alone at all. All about pills around here.
I don't know what this has to do with anything. You're more likely to find a drug user comes from a private school than public I reckon. I'm talking about lesser drugs than ice, though.

I went to private school and plenty of people I went to school with do drugs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what this has to do with anything. You're more likely to find a drug user comes from a private school than public I reckon. I'm talking about lesser drugs than ice, though.

I went to private school and plenty of people I went to school with do drugs.

Oh yeah, everyone from my school was/is on the weed, pills etc but I never knew ice to be an issue.

Oh yeah, everyone from my school was/is on the weed, pills etc but I never knew ice to be an issue.
It was the same at my school. Wait two or so years after you've graduated and people get trades/go away to uni. You'll notice that it creeps in.

A pipe was allegedly found in Cy Walsh's car. Not the sort you smoke tobacco with either. Media reports also suggesting he may have frequented a known drug house where ice users met. It's all very sad.

I know of two people who have gone down hill severely due to ice.

One was in property and driving a nice car and living in a move house, making over a grand a week. He has since sold his house and car, lost his job, wants to kill his mum because she is evil and wants to have sex with his sister because it's 'pure' and the only way to rid her of the errors of their mother.

The other has disconnected from friends, didn't turn up to a wedding he was supposed to be best man for and has had family call the police on two occasions due to worrying behaviour.

Now I know that not every person who uses ice is going to end up like this. I also know that alcohol causes massive issues and statistics show its a greater killer in the long run. That argument is irrelevant though, due to the sheer volume of recreational drinkers compared to ice users and the percentage of takers that become dependent after becoming a semi regular user of each drug. If the amount of people who recreationaly drink all stopped and took up ice, it would not be pretty.

Bringing up alcohol is especially irreverent. Legitimising something by pointing out the faults in something else is effectively saying 'I don't have any real arguments in support, so I'll just hang it on something else to make my point of view look a little better. It's almost like using logic along the lines of... North beat West Coast and they are really good. Gold Coast beat North so the Gold Coast must be okay...

Legitimising the drug by saying that not everyone who takes it will end up killing someone or losing the plot completely isn't a strong argument either. Driving while under the influence of alcohol is obviously something very serious and has the potential to kill or injure the driver as well as innocent people. Despite this, the vast majority of people who drive drunk will not hurt or injure anyone. Does this make it okay?

To the people who think that every single person who tries the drug ice, is going to suddenly become a a crazed lunatic who will snap at the click of fingers, your arguments are obviously ill informed and achieving next to nothing. To the people who think that ice isn't a problem in today's society, get your head out of the sand.

All for liberal thoughts re: drugs and reckon a fair bit should be legalised, have no issue with coke at all and even heroin, but * ice. That's the Devils s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back