Resource Your Local Team Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Show us your local teams jumper

Grubbers... That's an odd nickname. What's the history behind it?

Grubbers... That's an odd nickname. What's the history behind it?

There's never really been a definitive answer although it might have something to do with Grubb Road which is one of the main roads in Ocean Grove.

There's never really been a definitive answer although it might have something to do with Grubb Road which is one of the main roads in Ocean Grove.
Pretty sure that is it, even though there is a swan on the guernsey.

Pretty sure that is it, even though there is a swan on the guernsey.

Yeah we only got the swan on the guernsey in 2000, in the 90's it was red with a white monogram and before that the classic South Melbourne white with red V. Dating back even further when we were a combined team with cross-town (or cross-bridge) rivals Barwon Heads, the team wore purple and gold.

Yeah we only got the swan on the guernsey in 2000, in the 90's it was red with a white monogram and before that the classic South Melbourne white with red V. Dating back even further when we were a combined team with cross-town (or cross-bridge) rivals Barwon Heads, the team wore purple and gold.
Why did they put the swan on then?

2uo2i4l.jpg

I play for Melbourne University in the VWFL

I want to go on your footy trip!

Thought I'd bump this, for the benefit of 23Legend.....

Started training with the North Shore Reserves side recently.

tigerslogo1.gif

NORTH SHORE TIGERS
Founded: 1973
1977-1978-1980-1991-1992-1994-1998-2008
podge3.JPG
Hahah What a small world.
I played 2 and a half seasons for the Tiges when i was living in Murray's Bay.
:):D:thumbsu:

Living in East Melbourne, the area with the most footy teams in the world(Probably), I couldn't tell you which one is closest out of the 5 teams that play in the neighbouring suburbs around where I live

You don't have a local team that you go on watch on Saturdays?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

31990_1420644068967_1018634603_31253378_3047862_n.jpg

The Swinburne Uni Razorbacks, who play home games at the park a short walk from my place in Hawthorn. Never been to see them play, but I used to walk home after work past the ground while they were training twice a week.

BCFooty_zps698cb9da.jpg

West Coast Saints v Delta Bayhawks

The back of the Delta jumper is the same as the front, with the number in place of the altered Manly logo.
Headbands just look wrong in footy.

View attachment 46548

The Swinburne Uni Razorbacks, who play home games at the park a short walk from my place in Hawthorn. Never been to see them play, but I used to walk home after work past the ground while they were training twice a week.

Used to play for them in the day - however we initially (1995) had bottle green jumpers with a gold yoke before they came up with this version a few years later.

The AFL assign home finals to higher ranked teams as a way of providing advantage.
Could it work at local level?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back