Yowies (Australia's Bigfoot)

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was curious to know what believe think about Australia's version of bigfoot. Do you believe in such creatures? Or have you had any encounters with them?

I found this bloke's story particularly interesting.

A few years ago, there was a bloke who had a channel dedicated to showcasing his experiments within some NSW bushland close to his home. He went from the username 'rickrocket2010' from memory. Anyway, this guy conducted a number of practical experiments to prove the presence/existence of Yowies.

One involved leaving capped bottles with those small bits of nutella inside the bottle, as well as other goodies, and tied them to trees for them to take down. Once he left a heap of 10c pieces on a nearby rock to compliment the hanging bottles. Over the week he would go back and visit the site he had setup. The findings here were probably the most damning, and influential to me in proving the creature's existence. Stick/branch formations were left there for the guy to see. The bottles had been unscrewed with the contents eaten, or arranged them in odd orders around the site. (Keep in mind this is dense bushland which would see virtually no human contact, except from the said bloke). His coins on the rock were arranged in arrows and other formations as well. This was all very interesting to me.

He once attempted to record these creatures by hiding a recorder in a log. They found it, placing it in a tree or something. While recording the footage, he felt he was being watched and appeared genuinely scared that he had angered them. The urgency in his voice seemed disturbingly genuine.

Each time he would discover these new formations or that his experiments may have been tampered with, the excitement and awe also appeared legitimate.

There was also a video of him spotlighting in the Blue Mountains when it was dark (pitch black). The guy is commentating as he appears to be surrounded by "3 of them." One even throws a rock which panics him and he decides to stop recording and focus on returning to his 4WD. It is chilling footage to say the least. They appear to be pissed off at him.

Now, I am by no means a loonie who is sucked in to such superstition, but I'd be a liar to say I didn't believe this guy. Yes, it is only some bloke on youtube, but the guy seemed serious about this 'research' and genuine about his experiences.

Strangely, about a year ago he just vanished - his channel and all his videos. In the bigfoot/yowie community, other people had no idea where he had gotten to. They were bewildered that such an active member would just cease all interaction.

What got me into all this was my dad's little 'tales' he used to tell me about the Pilliga forest in northern NSW. It involved Truckies being scared to pullover for sleeps there, and tarps being shredded and whatnot. (I used to travel through it when I joined him on interstate truck trips as a kid).

What do you guys think? Crazy yeah?

Thought thread was going to be about these Yowies

yowie.jpg

10-son-i-am-disappoint.gif

I think "Australia's Bigfoot" gave it away. ;)
I don't think I got that far. I saw Yowies and got excited, haha.

As for the Yowies you meant, i'm not entirely sure. Probably the same deal as the Loch Ness Monster, imo. People will claim to have seen them and stuff, but wont be able to give evidence. I find it hard to believe in an intelligent "monster". Who knows though. For all we know it could be true. One of those things where no one will ever know for sure, probably.

Thought thread was going to be about these Yowies

yowie.jpg

10-son-i-am-disappoint.gif
I remember there were a series of tapes (and books maybe) featuring the yowies and various stories that were awesome.

The interwebs seems to indicate no such thing ever existed, I was hoping to find an mp3 :(

I remember there were a series of tapes (and books maybe) featuring the yowies and various stories that were awesome.

The interwebs seems to indicate no such thing ever existed, I was hoping to find an mp3 :(
I still have a bucket full of the toys I got in Yowies over the years. Thanks to this thread, im going to look for it tomorrow and re-live my childhood :p.

I do remember a tape or something telling stories. Definitely existed.

It's fun to believe in the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot and Yowies and all that stuff, but to suggest that there's a large creature roaming around that hasn't been captured once in history is preposterous

At this place I used to work a fair while ago there was a junk yard next door run by this guy with really long hair and a massive beard who's clothes were always torn and covered in dirt. This truckie came in one day to deliver some stuff and had come from the other side of the city (the work was on the far side of Mt Dandenong so a bit in the sticks). Anyway his first few words were I dont drive this far for holidays or something like that and then not long after he spotted the bloke next door roaming the yard. He was genuinely startled and the next words to come from his mouth were 'I've just seen a yowie'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been living in Wentworth Falls in the Blue Mountains for the past few years. I have a house which is surrounded on 2 sides by national park.

My brother (35) swears he hears things too large to be an animal at night when he is outside having a smoke!!!!!!! He is certain that there is a Yowie in the area!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back