Yowies (Australia's Bigfoot)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the panther myth?

The rural legend is that sometime over 100 years ago a pantheon of black panthers escaped from captivity (assumed a zoo). Since then the panthers have been living and breeding around the bushland of victoria and NSW. With hundreds of sightings of panthers in those areas. The myth is still very much alive these days with this article only released four years ago. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...-sydney-mystery/2008/09/19/1221331170878.html

hpshot.png

Argumentum ad ignorantiam!!

Seems legit. Most unsubstantiated , unscientifically proven paranormal stuff usually is, imo.

Yep, people who genuinely believe in Nessie and the like have a screw loose. There isn't a single shred of physical proof that creatures like that exist, in a world where people find new species of ******* cave spiders and tiny insects on a yearly basis.

If they exist, we'd have found them, no doubt about it.

The rural legend is that sometime over 100 years ago a pantheon of black panthers escaped from captivity (assumed a zoo). Since then the panthers have been living and breeding around the bushland of victoria and NSW. With hundreds of sightings of panthers in those areas. The myth is still very much alive these days with this article only released four years ago. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...-sydney-mystery/2008/09/19/1221331170878.html
I saw a little preview of something on the news tonight about big cats wandering around Victoria and thought of this thread. I didn't watch the actual news segment though, but i'm sure it's hanging around somewhere online :p

I saw a little preview of something on the news tonight about big cats wandering around Victoria and thought of this thread. I didn't watch the actual news segment though, but i'm sure it's hanging around somewhere online :p

Yeah I saw that, why do people with these sightings always have really old, cheap video cameras?

My brother (35) swears he hears things too large to be an animal at night when he is outside having a smoke!!!!!!! He is certain that there is a Yowie in the area!!!
noise amplifies in the bush, surely you know that. But then there's strong evidence to suggest witch doctors can manifest themselfs into animals, whatever there totem animal was/is.

The panther myth is a classic. It also exists in rural England, France, Italy and just about everywhere else. Sometimes black panthers, sometimes mountain lions (GIs had them over here during the war, don't you know), sometimes tigers. It's been going for centuries and IT'S CRAP!

But the media love to trot it out every year or so - 'Doris used to have a black panther visit the dam on her farm regularly for a drink, but because she was an immigrant, she didn't realise they weren't native, so she never took a photograph in all the years she saw it. And she never mentioned it to anybody either'. Etc - make up your own.

As for photos - cue Stanley Baxter from 'The Goodies and The Loch Ness Monster' - "You'll need one of these - the extra-special camera for taking fuzzy, out-of-focus photographs......'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back