Yze and robbo Injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Brissy DeeFan

Debutant
Suspended
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
Demons
Yze got injured last night in the regional game in lavington.
Robbo also has a sore back.
Not good news

Hopefully Yze will be back for round one, or at worst, round 2 fingers crossed.

Not sure about robbo, there wasnt any mention in the paper or on the websites, so I doubt its all that serious.

Marns said:
Hopefully Yze will be back for round one, or at worst, round 2 fingers crossed.

Not sure about robbo, there wasnt any mention in the paper or on the websites, so I doubt its all that serious.

Hopefully Robbo, Rivers etc (any injury concerns) are rested up for round 1. Don't need to risk anyone yet.

My only concern is Rivers, haven't heard much about his injury.

Yeah apparently he was only going to be out for 1 week, they were probably just being precaucious in resting him against st.kilda.

• Banned
there was an article on yahoo news as follows.

Yze likely to miss only a week
Saturday March 5, 07:47 PM

Melbourne is confident Adem Yze will be fit for round one after suffering an unusual shoulder injury in the AFL trial match against St Kilda.

Yze was diagnosed with a sprain in the joint between his collarbone and sternum, which he suffered in a collision with an opponent.

The top midfielder will be rested from next weekend's trial, but is expected to add to his tally of 187 consecutive AFL games when the Demons play Essendon at the end of the month.

"It didn't look good at the time, but it's one of those things that hurts a lot," said Melbourne football manager Chris Fagan.

"It's in an awkward spot and he's going to be uncomfortable for a few days." James McDonald (hamstring soreness) and Russell Robertson (bruised back) will be tested during the week.

Meanwhile, Richmond utility Nathan Brown should be fit for next week after he was rested late in Friday night's trial in Alice Springs against Fremantle.

Brown carried a corked thigh into the game and a Tigers official said he was taken off only as a precaution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back