Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachele extremely unlikely but if he gets his fitness up to AFL standard he is better skilled than Soligo, especially in close so whilst it not be specific players he replaces he can certainly be best 22.
Taylor won't replace either Soligo or Rachele, but he does have the ability to be in out best side if he can get his s**t sorted.

Taylor won't replace either Soligo or Rachele, but he does have the ability to be in out best side if he can get his s**t sorted.
Pretty much how I see it

Taylor sounds like he’s still got a lot (and I mean a lot) of physical work to get to AFL standard fitness, but the talent is there

Taylor has very good awareness. His skills under pressure is elite. The problem he had was that he did not get enough of the pill. He was just starting to get more of the ball, then got injured :( He still has plenty of potential, because awareness is not a skill that is easily acquired.

In the few games he has played, he shows some absolute class.
His biggest weapon is his evasiveness and kicking skills.
He is able to run out of stoppages and kick to someone accurately.
It will be interesting if he starts racking up big numbers in the sanfl but the coaches don't think he is fit enough to run out a game of afl

In the few games he has played, he shows some absolute class.
His biggest weapon is his evasiveness and kicking skills.
He is able to run out of stoppages and kick to someone accurately.
It will be interesting if he starts racking up big numbers in the sanfl but the coaches don't think he is fit enough to run out a game of afl
A couple of Magarey’s might be it

Surely there are other on the list he could displace if he were fit. Sloane, Murphy, McHenrunt etc.
Obviously he would but he's not fit and he may never be fit enough for AFL.

I hope he puts his head down and has a real crack, I hope he hires a personal trainer and over the Christmas break all he does is work on his fitness. His skills are what we need in the team.

Wouldn't mind knowing what his rehab program looked like after the surgery on foot to remove the plate that was stabilizing his foot after his initial linsfrac injury

TBH .. without much info, beyond his running isn't up to scratch, I'm finding a lot of posts in this thread pretty sh*t to be honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely there are other on the list he could displace if he were fit. Sloane, Murphy, McHenrunt etc.

If we were genuine about developing a top 4 competing 23, none of those 3 would get a game. Doubtful any belong in it right now as it is. And if they do, it's barely or by injury, in which case, we should be getting games into talented kids, not plodding mid-agers or last legs club favourites.

Wouldn't mind knowing what his rehab program looked like after the surgery on foot to remove the plate that was stabilizing his foot after his initial linsfrac injury

TBH .. without much info, beyond his running isn't up to scratch, I'm finding a lot of posts in this thread pretty sh*t to be honest

I'm not excited about him, but it's no surprise he's struggling with his running. 3rd preseason only and coming off a foot injury where there's no way they'd risk him running. Swimming can only do so much.

he has to replace someone, give me the best 22 with him init
In 2 years time, I think that the following 19 spots are filled:
B Michalanney Murray Curtain (+ cameo mid)
HB Hinge Butts/ Keane Worrell
C Jones Crouch Soligo
HF Keays Thilthorpe Pedlar
F Rankine Fog Welsh
R ROB Dawson Rachele
I Crouch

That leaves 4 spots in the 23 for Milera (back or wing, getting Soligo inside), Edwards (back or mid), Nankervis (back or wing), Cook (wing or forward), Schoenberg (mid), Dowling (mid or forward), Taylor (mid or forward).

That's a lot of options to pick from, plus draftees/ trades from here. Good for the Crows, not great for any of those fringe players, including Taylor.

I heard that Burgo was recently asked who are the next midfielders that he is excited about. His answer,
1. Taylor
2. Pedlar
If Taylor can get/ stay healthy - he is very much seen (by Burgo) as in the midfield mix with his clever ball skills / evasion / kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard that Burgo was recently asked who are the next midfielders that he is excited about. His answer,
1. Taylor
2. Pedlar
If Taylor can get/ stay healthy - he is very much seen (by Burgo) as in the midfield mix with his clever ball skills / evasion / kicking.

Well I guess if there is one bloke that can help those two it’s him.

1. Taylor
2. Pedlar

Is there a clip or sound bite of this? I need to hear it to believe it

Is there a clip or sound bite of this? I need to hear it to believe it

No. The question was put to Burgess at a club engagement evening with some sponsors. Different coaches / staff circulated to different tables to field questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back