Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

There was that bit of play in the SANFL Finals last year of Taylor handballing to Pedlar who goaled from inside the centre square. A great goal, but an unbelievable give by Taylor to set it up. I was expecting him to play AFL this season, but for injury. Pedlar obviously took his chance and looks a 200 plus game player for the club. Hopefully Taylor has a clear run and shows what he is capable of in 2024.

Clean hands doesn't stop him from being small
He's taller (and quicker) than Soligo.

Getting his body physically conditioned for AFL football is the hurdle he needs to jump over.

Are Zac Merrett, Dion Prestia, Darcy Parish, Caleb Serong, Errol Gulden, Rory Laird etc too small to play midfield?
Lachie Neale is 177cm
Zac Taylor is 182cm

Minions Mic Drop GIF

Are Zac Merrett, Dion Prestia, Darcy Parish, Caleb Serong, Errol Gulden, Rory Laird etc too small to play midfield?

I remember when Neale was on the outer at Fremantle prior to Brisbane. Many people , including on the crow cast I iirc didn’t think he was a need because of his size. One Brownlow later and he seems okay to everyone. Size isn’t everything!
Taylor looks the goods.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has never looked close to AFL fit to me.

That will be his biggest challenge.

If he doesn't turn up in good shape this year, in don't think he ever will.

Has never looked close to AFL fit to me.

That will be his biggest challenge.

If he doesn't turn up in good shape this year, in don't think he ever will.

Dang. Thats quick to write a kid off.
Id have thought he would have already seen game time under a less conservative Coach.

This kid needs to play ahead of Sloane or its the start of your demise Nicks.
Absolutely.

Was one of the young players I was most looking forward to watch this season... so hopefully I'm only a year out!

I remember when Neale was on the outer at Fremantle prior to Brisbane. Many people , including on the crow cast I iirc didn’t think he was a need because of his size. One Brownlow later and he seems okay to everyone. Size isn’t everything!
Taylor looks the goods.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Zac Butters is a testament that small doesn't mean a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

■ McHenry and Josh Rachele’s leadership stood out when they rallied around the player who struggled most with the running. Third-year on-baller Zac Taylor lagged well behind the main group for almost the entirety of the last block of 100m dashes. McHenry stayed back a few times to jog alongside his teammate, encouraging him. During the handicap race, Taylor again was a long way back and it was fellow 2021 draftee Rachele who ran across the oval, from half-forward to the pocket, to support and finish with him.

■ McHenry and Josh Rachele’s leadership stood out when they rallied around the player who struggled most with the running. Third-year on-baller Zac Taylor lagged well behind the main group for almost the entirety of the last block of 100m dashes. McHenry stayed back a few times to jog alongside his teammate, encouraging him. During the handicap race, Taylor again was a long way back and it was fellow 2021 draftee Rachele who ran across the oval, from half-forward to the pocket, to support and finish with him.
Why is a 3rd year player lagging so far behind the rest of his teammates? Is he injured, or just unfit?

It doesn't bode well for him if there isn't something abnormal going on (e.g. injury or illness).

He's been Injured, and is probably working back into it.

Someone has to be last.
The way it's written makes it sound as if he was lagging a long way behind the pack.

Returning from injury is likely the reason, in which case there's probably nothing to be concerned about.

Best case scenario if it is just Zac not working hard enough off the track then this is a wake up scenario for him and he spends his break trying to do a bit of catch up fitness work.
Exactly. How many players have been told there not up to it and don't make a change? Can't think of too many. He'll get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back