Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 - This looks like being an excellent draft year for us:
Pick 6 : Josh Rachele
Pick 36 : Jake Soligo
Pick 44 : Zac Taylor
PSD Pick 4 : Luke Nankervis
^ All four of these guys have extended their contracts and look extremely talented.
Same year we pick up Jordan Dawson for a late 1st round pick, who goes on to be arguably our best player and finally Club Captain!
2021 - what a year.

^ All four of these guys have extended their contracts and look extremely talented.
Same year we pick up Jordan Dawson for a late 1st round pick, who goes on to be arguably our best player and finally Club Captain!
2021 - what a year.
Nick Murray 2021 SSP almost a lock in Defence now?
Patty Parnell 2021 MSD?

Knows his stuff that Ogilvie fella hey....:fire:

Edit *
and both have extended...

Now, come on, you can't both be right. Which is it, rap, or wrap? ;)

My money is on rap, as in rap sheet.

Mine is correct. Raps.

The bottom line is that, while plausibly related to "wrap" from as early as 1560, the correct grammatical use in modern English for this phrase is to use "rap" and not "wrap."

2021 - what a year.
You can really build a core of a side by getting 2-3 successive drafts right. Those guys will all play a lot with each other and understand each other's games.

The 2020 draft is the interesting one. Berry is already well on the way to establishing himself, but the improvement left in TT, Pedlar and Cook is critical to our future success.

You can really build a core of a side by getting 2-3 successive drafts right. Those guys will all play a lot with each other and understand each other's games.

The 2020 draft is the interesting one. Berry is already well on the way to establishing himself, but the improvement left in TT, Pedlar and Cook is critical to our future success.

The 2020 draft is the crucial one. Having three picks in the first round means you've got to nail it - we got those picks by trading away places in the drafts before and after it.

Pedlar is starting to show signs now which is promising. Cook clearly has something, but I'm yet to be convinced he's going to put it all together. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm pretty convinced Thilthorpe will be a player, but for us to have really nailed that draft he needs to be a star.

Yeah, needed to re-sign this guy. Has a big chance to get into the AFL side this year if those fitness levels rise. Has that great mix of being able to find the footy, as well as using it well by hand and foot

The 2020 draft is the crucial one. Having three picks in the first round means you've got to nail it - we got those picks by trading away places in the drafts before and after it.

Pedlar is starting to show signs now which is promising. Cook clearly has something, but I'm yet to be convinced he's going to put it all together. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm pretty convinced Thilthorpe will be a player, but for us to have really nailed that draft he needs to be a star.

Sheesh, for pick 2 he'd better be a player! He's got the goods. But big man....longer development.

Sheesh, for pick 2 he'd better be a player! He's got the goods. But big man....longer development.
Plenty of big men who have been taken with early picks and turned into complete busts. It seems pretty clear at this stage that Thilthorpe won't be that, but whether he becomes more than a secondary ruck/last picked tall forward remains to be seen.

One of those ones I worry about - leaving that is. So talented. Hope we can keep him for the most productive part of his career.

Reading between the lines with my pessimistic Crows eyes :

1678858526411.png

Two years then watch someone swoop in from the big Vic clubs :-(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those ones I worry about - leaving that is. So talented. Hope we can keep him for the most productive part of his career.

Reading between the lines with my pessimistic Crows eyes :

View attachment 1629791

Two years then watch someone swoop in from the big Vic clubs :-(

Yeah didn't like reading the very specific 'two years' bit........ Hopefully we become good enough on field with such a strong culture that he wants to stay.

Yeah didn't like reading the very specific 'two years' bit........ Hopefully we become good enough on field with such a strong culture that he wants to stay.

Pretty clearly said in reference to the extension he just signed.

No point jumping at shadows this far out. If the club has a good two years and looks set to jump into premiership contention, he'll probably stay. If not, the club will only have itself to blame.

Great outcome because this kid oozes talent and class ….. hopefully he will go past one or two of our promising emerging mids (eg Schoenberg) and lift the overall bar a bit higher for us. At worst his ceiling is well beyond our lower ranked mids like McHenry, Jones and possibly even Pedler.

No knock on Zac, but he is yet another in our not quite tall enough grouping of emerging mids. He might still end up as valuable trade bait as we seek to better balance our list.

Great outcome because this kid oozes talent and class ….. hopefully he will go past one or two of our promising emerging mids (eg Schoenberg) and lift the overall bar a bit higher for us. At worst his ceiling is well beyond our lower ranked mids like McHenry, Jones and possibly even Pedler.

No knock on Zac, but he is yet another in our not quite tall enough grouping of emerging mids. He might still end up as valuable trade bait as we seek to better balance our list.
Get will day or elijah hollands and we’ll have that tall to team up with our medium and small sized mids..

Fantastic news as he has talent and can play centre and forward.
On a separate note, Nicks has been outstanding for Adelaide and has brought a real unison to the team. We were a broken club that was bleeding players and dealing with the BS camp crap. We have been to hard on him and been impatient in this rebuild. After 3 long and painful years, we are starting to show big improvement and some very good players come out. We may not make the finals this year but we should be there next year. I can’t wait for this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fantastic news as he has talent and can play centre and forward.
On a separate note, Nicks has been outstanding for Adelaide and has brought a real unison to the team. We were a broken club that was bleeding players and dealing with the BS camp crap. We have been to hard on him and been impatient in this rebuild. After 3 long and painful years, we are starting to show big improvement and some very good players come out. We may not make the finals this year but we should be there next year. I can’t wait for this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There’s no doubt we are a different club under him, plus the other off-field changes we’ve made.

His coaching ability is still a query and we won’t know how good a coach he is until the next couple of years are up.

Yeah, needed to re-sign this guy. Has a big chance to get into the AFL side this year if those fitness levels rise. Has that great mix of being able to find the footy, as well as using it well by hand and foot
Hope Zac makes his AFL debut some time soon. My son was his captain one year during his junior days at Oak Park, and he is looking forward to the day that he can say he once captained an AFL player....

Hope Zac makes his AFL debut some time soon. My son was his captain one year during his junior days at Oak Park, and he is looking forward to the day that he can say he once captained an AFL player....

I have no doubt, barring injuries, Zac gets a debut this year.

Mine is correct. Raps.

The bottom line is that, while plausibly related to "wrap" from as early as 1560, the correct grammatical use in modern English for this phrase is to use "rap" and not "wrap."

It's a misuse of the term rapt, ie we were rapt to draft Rachele. Somehow turned into big raps etc. Aussie slang. Rapt - wrapped- wraps.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

A very good game by him on the weekend. good in close and very creative with his use of the ball. You cannot buy his football nous
Time for a debut this week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back