Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

A very good game by him on the weekend. good in close and very creative with his use of the ball. You cannot buy his football nous
Wonder how his GPS numbers are stacking up

People may think who cares but I tell you who cares , all crows supporters when opposition walk thru the corridor with no pressure on them defensively like what happened in 3rd quarter

If Taylor gets his fitness and strength up a few notches I think he can end up one of our best mids

Looking at the website comments from the coach doubt he will be upgraded this week. Said he will have some moments he would want to take back as well as praising him on him game overall

Where have the references to Zac’s lack of fitness come from?

Watching him against Glenelg he seemed as fit as most of our players and fitter than some (eg Newchurch). He is not a running machine like Sholl and Jones but he runs both ways, tackles strongly and has burst speed out of stoppages.

Imho, he should be next in line amongst the inside mids and is breathing down Harry’s neck.

Where have the references to Zac’s lack of fitness come from?

Watching him against Glenelg he seemed as fit as most of our players and fitter than some (eg Newchurch). He is not a running machine like Sholl and Jones but he runs both ways, tackles strongly and has burst speed out of stoppages.

Imho, he should be next in line amongst the inside mids and is breathing down Harry’s neck
If you saw him at training you would have seen that for much of the preseason. He has worked hard since mid January to improve this part of his game

If you saw him at training you would have seen that for much of the preseason. He has worked hard since mid January to improve this part of his game
After watching him at training both this year and last year, he never looks impressive. Put him in a game and he looks totally different. How did you think he looked in the trial against Glenelg?

I would much prefer him as the 23rd man than Tyler Brown. Zac makes things happen. Chayce is as fit as anyone in the AFL, if only he could find the footy.

After watching him at training both this year and last year, he never looks impressive. Put him in a game and he looks totally different. How did you think he looked in the trial against Glenelg?

I would much prefer him as the 23rd man than Tyler Brown. Zac makes things happen. Chayce is as fit as anyone in the AFL, if only he could find the footy.
He was terrific and I would like to see him in the afl side.

Anyone know how this guy is going with his injury ? Is he back running big kms?

We need him fit and firing next year , especially now Schoenberg is out
They did an op to get a plate removed from his leg ....they could have played him late season, but it appears opted to have him ready for day 1 of pre-season

If he can get much fitter ....he has a few good AFL tricks

They did an op to get a plate removed from his leg ....they could have played him late season, but it appears opted to have him ready for day 1 of pre-season

If he can get much fitter ....he has a few good AFL tricks
I really hope the year off has helped him grasp the kind of work that’s required to be ready to play as an afl midfielder

I really hope the year off has helped him grasp the kind of work that’s required to be ready to play as an afl midfielder
gut feel is he's too small to play on the inside consistently at afl level.

more on a wing or small forward pushing up as the extra mid at a stoppage. would be good if he can replace Murphy in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, size won't stop him, has the best hands inside the contest of any player on our list...his hands are exceptional and daresay I use the word "ëlite".
He has some really nice traits.
The other one I like is his lateral movement and his ability to dodge and weave through traffic.
A nice user of the ball and has an attacking mindset

Nope, size won't stop him, has the best hands inside the contest of any player on our list...his hands are exceptional and daresay I use the word "ëlite".
Reminds me of Brisbane's Zac Bailey, like you said, very clean, has good skills, and is fairly elusive. Size certainly has stopped Bailey and don't see why it would stop Taylor. Can never have too many good ball users.

Reminds me of Brisbane's Zac Bailey, like you said, very clean, has good skills, and is fairly elusive. Size certainly has stopped Bailey and don't see why it would stop Taylor. Can never have too many good ball users.
His awareness and skills are his best attributes, just needs to find more of the pill, which he was starting to do before his injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back