Fantasy Likely Pick Mock Draft System

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok, I have my own mock draft system.

Each team has a number of 'possibles' that they could/would draft.....so the mock is done with each team listed followed by only the most likely picks they would make.

This also allows for projecting any prospective "reaches" that a team might be inclined to make.

All up, it helps figure out which teams pose a threat to other teams in taking certain players, which teams might trade down and up with each other and affect who other teams might be eyeing.

But I want this to be a contribution. Everyone submit your improvments/suggestions, and I'll edit the opening post to reflect the change.

I'll start with the opening handful of picks........

#1 MIAMI
Matt Ryan
Glenn Dorsey
Sedrick Ellis
Chris Long
Jake Long
Darren McFadden
Trade Down

#2 ST LOUIS
Chris Long
Jake Long
Sedrick Ellis
Glenn Dorsey
Trade Down

#3 ATLANTA
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Brian Brohm
Glenn Dorsey
Sedrick Ellis

#4 OAKLAND
Darren McFadden
Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long
Sedrick Ellis
Jake Long
Ryan Clady
Mike Jenkins
Trade Down

#5 KANSAS CITY
Jake Long
Ryan Clady
Matt Ryan
Brian Brohm
Trade Up

#6 NEW YORK JETS
Vernon Gholston
Keith Rivers
Phillip Merling
Trade Up

#7 NEW ENGLAND
Vernon Gholston
Keith Rivers
Leodis McKelvin
Mike Jenkins
Aqib Talib
Trade Down

#8 BALTIMORE
Brian Brohm
Ryan Clady
Chris Williams
Phillip Merling
Keith Rivers
Mike Jenkins
Dan Connor

#9 CINCINATTI
Vernon Gholston
Phillip Merling
Derrick Harvey
Keith Rivers
Dan Connor
Chris Williams
Jeff Otah

#10 NEW ORLEANS
Kenny Phillips
Dan Connor
Keith Rivers
Aqib Talib
Leodis McKelvin
Mike Jenkins

#11 BUFFALO
Malcolm Kelly
Keith Rivers
Leodis McKelvin
Mike Jenkins

#12 DENVER
Ryan Clady
Kenny Phillips
Reggie Smith
Kentwan Balmer
DeSean Jackson
Keith Rivers

#13 CAROLINA
Keith Rivers
Chris Williams
Sam Baker
Kenny Phillips
Reggie Smith

#14 CHICAGO
Brian Brohm
Chris Williams
Jeff Otah
Gosder Cherilus
Brandon Albert
Chilo Rachal
Rashard Mendenhall

#15 DETROIT
Dan Connor
Jonathan Stewart
Rashard Mendenhall
Aqib Talib
Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
Phillip Merling
Derrick Harvey

#16 ARIZONA
Derrick Harvey
Calais Campbell
Aqib Talib
Dominque Rogers-Cromartie
Kentwan Balmer

#17 MINNESOTA
Derrick Harvey
Kenny Phillips
Jeff Otah
Phillip Merling
Desean Jackson
Calais Campbell
Mario Manningham
Malcolm Kelly

#18 HOUSTON
Jonathon Stewart
Rashard Mendenhall
Felix Jones
Chris Williams
Gosder Cherilus
Kenny Philips

#19 PHILADELPHIA
Leodis McKelvin
Aqib Talib
Calais Campbell
Philip Merling
Chris Williams
DeSean Jackson
Malcolm Kelly

#20 TAMPA BAY
Jonathon Stewart
Rashard Mendenhall
Felix Jones
Kentwan Balmer
Malcolm Kelly
Early Doucet
James Hardy
Mario Manningham

#21 WASHINGTON
Caleb Campbell
Derrick Harvey
Chris Williams
Kenny Philips
Kentwan Balmer
Early Doucet

#22 DALLAS
Desean Jackson
Malcolm Kelly
Mario Manningham
Trade Up

#23 PITTSBURGH
Gosder Cherilus
Chris Williams
Caleb Campbell
Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason

#24 TENNESSEE
Limas Sweed
Malcolm Kelly
James Hardy
Fred Davis
Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason
Kentwan Balmer
Kenny Philips

#25 SEATTLE
Jonathon Steward
Rashard Mendenhall
Felix Jones
Fred Davis
Kenny Philips

#26 JACKSONVILLE
Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason
Mario Manningham
Limas Sweed
James Hardy
Caleb Campbell
Derrick Harvey
Curtis Lofton
Branden Albert

#27 SAN DIEGO
Kentwan Balmer
Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason

#28 DALLAS
Jonathon Stewart
Felix Jones
Quentin Groves
Reggie Smith
Trade Up

#29 SAN FRANCISCO
James Hardy
Limas Sweed
Pat Sims
Quentin Groves
Chris Williams
Kentwan Balmer

#30 GREEN BAY
Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason
Brandon Flowers
Pat Sims
Kentwan Balmer
Fred Davis
James Hardy
Early Doucet

#31 NEW YORK GIANTS
Pat Sims
Kentwan Balmer
Gosder Cherilus
Carl Nicks
Thomas DeCoud
DJ Wolfe
Xavier Adibi
Erin Henderson

---------------------------------------------------------

So plz provide your own suggestions, for the above teams and the rest of the first round teams, and I'll edit them in as we go along.

Re: BigFooty MOCK DRAFT

It depends who they really want and maybe he's only a couple of picks ahead, wouldn't cost much at all. Why would that be such a bad thing?

Because this team has so many needs, to trade up at the top end of the draft DOES cost a fair bit and would cost this team in the long run. I don't really see who they could trade up for either that suits the 3-4.

Thx Brasher.

WCE_ADW....Chris Long is someone they have their eyes on big. If Miami takes someone else at #1, you could see C.Long fall all the way to Oakland at #4. If Oakland has McFadden available and takes him, C. Long could somehow fall to Jets #6. But they could trade up to ensure Oakland doesn't get him.

Maybe, but teams also take BPA prior to need...most of the time.
If by some way Jake Long went #1, St Louis would take someone that's not even a need for them, but who is clearly BPA at that spot (Dorsey).

Which is why trade down should be one of their options

17 Vikings

DE Derrick Harvey, Phillip Merling, Calais Campbell (assuming Long and Gholston go top 6)
S Kenny Phillips
OT Jeff Otah
WR/KR Desean Jackson
WR Mario Manningham, Malcolm Kelly

Childress has stated that he doesn't believe in taking WRs in the first round, so I'm guessing it'll be Defensive End or Safety

If I had to rank them It'd be
Derrick Harvey
Kenny Phillips
Jeff Otah
Phillip Merling
Desean Jackson
Calais Campbell
Mario Manningham
Malcolm Kelly

I'd hope that one of Harvey, Phillips or Otah fall to 17

17 Vikings

Childress has stated that he doesn't believe in taking WRs in the first round, so I'm guessing it'll be Defensive End or Safety

I guess the Troy Williamson Experience is just too fresh in Childress' memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the Troy Williamson Experience is just too fresh in Childress' memory.

Ouch! - Troy Williamson AND the flawed Detroit experiment with taking WRs

Ouch! - Troy Williamson AND the flawed Detroit experiment with taking WRs

That's Ok Sven...for every Williamson, the 49ers can add a JJ Stokes (actually cost two first rounders) and a Rashan Woods....no wonder we have the worst recieving corp in the league.

Maybe, but teams also take BPA prior to need...most of the time.

If it was in that situation then shouldn't trade down be an option? These guys come from the Parcells/Belichick school. I just honestly don't see how trade up is an option. We have so many needs and to trade up again would be stupidity at it's finest. Who in that top bracket is worth trading up for for the Jets as a team?

If it was in that situation then shouldn't trade down be an option? These guys come from the Parcells/Belichick school. I just honestly don't see how trade up is an option. We have so many needs and to trade up again would be stupidity at it's finest. Who in that top bracket is worth trading up for for the Jets as a team?

C Long might go #1 or #3/4. The Jets had a big interest in him all year. Just like Raiders and Dolphins have too.

But d/w too much about that right now (the trading down/up). Once I get a full 31 first round done, I'll then trim it all down to the most likely 3 picks per team or so. Which everyone will hopefully have a part in playing.

That's Ok Sven...for every Williamson, the 49ers can add a JJ Stokes (actually cost two first rounders) and a Rashan Woods....no wonder we have the worst recieving corp in the league.

Actually, from a stats perspective it's Miami who have the worst 3 WR set.

Marty Booker, Ted Ginn Jr., Ronnie Brown (average 455 yards)
Bobby Wade, Sidney Rice, Robert Ferguson (average 478 yards)
Arnaz Battle, Vernon Davis, Darrell Jackson (average 535 yards)

All 3 teams have unresolved QB issues, and WR issues to address during the off-season.

I'd have Ryan Clady on the top of the Broncos' list.

Packers draft a receiver in the first round? rediculous.

We have one of the deepest receiving corps in the league

DT? C'mon, again, a very deep D-Line. We're not even worried about losing Corey Williams this year, there' two or three guys that can replace him...

CB yes, OLB yes. Unless someone amazing falls to us, we'll go one of those. Or trade down for more picks.

Packers draft a receiver in the first round? rediculous.

We have one of the deepest receiving corps in the league

DT? C'mon, again, a very deep D-Line. We're not even worried about losing Corey Williams this year, there' two or three guys that can replace him...

CB yes, OLB yes. Unless someone amazing falls to us, we'll go one of those. Or trade down for more picks.

I've got to agree with you Fuey, the Packers don't really appear to hav any pressing needs ATM. Here are the comments from Scott Wright (NFL Draft Countdown)

1. Cornerback: Al Harris and Charles Woodson are about as good of a starting duo as there is in the league but there is essentially nothing behind them and that lack of depth is a pretty major issue.

2. Safety: Despite investing a number of draft picks on the position in recent years they still have issues alongside Nick Collins and the fact that Atari Bigby was starting for them in 2007 speaks volumes.

3. Linebacker: Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk are two of the very best youngsters at their positions but Brady Poppinga is merely average on the strongside and there really isn't too much depth to speak of.

comments??

I've got to agree with you Fuey, the Packers don't really appear to hav any pressing needs ATM. Here are the comments from Scott Wright (NFL Draft Countdown)

1. Cornerback: Al Harris and Charles Woodson are about as good of a starting duo as there is in the league but there is essentially nothing behind them and that lack of depth is a pretty major issue.

2. Safety: Despite investing a number of draft picks on the position in recent years they still have issues alongside Nick Collins and the fact that Atari Bigby was starting for them in 2007 speaks volumes.

3. Linebacker: Nick Barnett and A.J. Hawk are two of the very best youngsters at their positions but Brady Poppinga is merely average on the strongside and there really isn't too much depth to speak of.

comments??

100% agree.

We're desperate for some youth and depth at CB, I love Poppinga's intensity, but he can't cover a TE to save his life.

Safety is a hard one. We're very young at the position, which means we can get a lot of improvement out of the guys already there. But do we draft an ultra-talented S in the first, or let the guys already there mature and see what they become. Rookie Aaron Rouse played well when he was in his year, also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back