US Presidential elections

Remove this Banner Ad

You can see in him the likeable guy who was doing so well until a few months ago.

Mmmm, the one who sold out for a shot at the Presidency, pandering to the religious right and selecting an incompetent Alaskan hick as a running mate to bolster his chances of trumping Obama. 'Maverick' my arse.

could everyone please stop having a crack...

can't you just understand that I, myself, have different views to all of you, and that i dont have to always agree with what you all say.
i'm an induvidual, not a follower.

thank you.

Mmmm, the one who sold out for a shot at the Presidency, pandering to the religious right .....
Where he deviates from the West Wing's Arnie Vinick (if you watched that show).

...... and selecting an incompetent Alaskan hick as a running mate......
There'll be more on that after the election, especially if McCain loses. From what I gather McCain was to some degree required to accept her to maintain sections of GOP organisation and finance (see 'pandering to the religious right' above).
Trouble for him is that for every redneck Palin has drawn to them she seems to have inspired one and a bit voters to come out for Obama.

.....'Maverick' my arse.
From what I read it was a pretty fair description until recently. But pretty well party machine hack now.

To me Obama seems more like a Tiger Woods kind of black guy. Surely this is more palatable to most white Americans than the Jesse Jackson/ Spike Lee type?

:D That's what Will Ferrell's George Bush called him last week in this Saturday Night Live sketch endorsing a very reluctant McCain. Within the first minute he says, "I come to you tonight in the midst a very important election between two very qualified candidates, the hot lady and the Tiger Woods guy." It's a good sketch in total.:thumbsu:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-thursday-bush-endorsement/783981

The last few weeks has seen SNL record ratings figures they have not seen in two decades, before cable TV took off.

can't you just understand that I, myself, have different views to all of you, and that i dont have to always agree with what you all say.

thank you.

Stick your guns girl. If thats your opinion then so be it.

Mmmm, the one who sold out for a shot at the Presidency, pandering to the religious right and selecting an incompetent Alaskan hick as a running mate to bolster his chances of trumping Obama. 'Maverick' my arse.

They both have sold out as they have got the smell of power in their nostrils. Obama has moved to the right just like McCain has. It's just their starting positions have been in different spots on the political horizontal scale.

McCain has become a lot less palitable candidate with his movements in my eyes, but Obahama's movements have not made him anymore believeable in my eyes.

They are both pretty useless on economic policy. They talk about having plans but don't produce them in black and white with costings and explanations. The one thing Obamha has for him is that he is smart and will get good people giving him good advice.

The problem will be a democrat controlled house and senate. They will want their personal adgenda's done. With Obahma well schooled in the Chicago way of doing political deals, he will have a hard act implementing sound economic advise he gets, as he will be cutting deals all over the place with pay offs.

thank you.

Unfortunately ILTH its a case of - welcome to the world of politics.

Absolute guarantee that if you express your thoughts from a political viewpoint you will be challenged by someone. Try and not take it personal (although that can be hard sometimes)

Dont be afraid of people challenging your views (especially if you appear to be in the minority).

And dont be intimdated from defending your position. As REH said,

Stick your guns girl. If thats your opinion then so be it.

They both have sold out as they have got the smell of power in their nostrils. Obama has moved to the right just like McCain has. It's just their starting positions have been in different spots on the political horizontal scale.

Everyone's got to sell out to some degree to make it politics. You simply can't make it as far as they have if you don't - or you end up a Bob Brown/Nick Xenophon/Ralph Nader figure, good for a whinge on the ABC and transformig valid ballot papers into a virtual donkey vote.

But gee whiz.

For McCain to hop into bed with Bush (pre-campaign obviously) and the religious right (especially Falwell, of all people) after the events of 2000 is just sickening.

Cue Palin with a speech calling him a 'maverick' 500 times.

Cue Palin with a speech calling him a 'maverick' 500 times.

I'd rather cue Tina Fey.:D

Gotta say I have been a McCain fan for well over a decade when I first started reading and watching stuff about him. But as the economic news has got worse he has just got worse. He is saying stuff I'm not sure he would be saying if it wasn't election time. Been a disappointing thing to see. I prefer the rough and tumble straight talking McCain we even saw at the convention. But since then sometimes I shake my head sometimes at where his campaign has gone.

Sad to hear that obama's grandmother died overnight, this may impact on people's voting (although you'd hope not). My condolences to barack and his family.

Sad to hear that obama's grandmother died overnight, this may impact on people's voting (although you'd hope not). My condolences to barack and his family.

Was she a citizen?

Was watching Fox News last night and they discussing his Aunt who is a Kenyan illegal citizen, I am guessing she is the poor one ILTH spoke about. One question they asked is if she is a registered voter, as illegal immigrants voting has been an issue in the past.

Was watching Fox News last night and they discussing his Aunt who is a Kenyan illegal citizen,

I'm surprised they didn't cross to Sean Hannity in full SWAT gear to take her down Dog the Bounty Hunter style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The outcome of Washington Redskins home football games prior to voting day have determined the outcome of presidential elections since 1936, 17 from 17 track record.

If the Redskins had won that would have meant the incumbent party would have won (McCain). But the Skins lost, so therefore the incumbent party will lose, handing victory to Obama.

I'm surprised they didn't cross to Sean Hannity in full SWAT gear to take her down Dog the Bounty Hunter style.

:D, but if you email him with that suggestion he might just do it.

Will be interesting to watch his spin over the next few months.

Was she a citizen?

It was his mother's mum ie the white grandmother. She's the one he always talks about giving things up so he could go to college and uses her illnesses over the years when talking about his desire to change the health care system. She was living in Hawaii

It was his mother's mum ie the white grandmother. She's the one he always talks about giving things up so he could go to college and uses her illnesses over the years when talking about his desire to change the health care system. She was living in Hawaii

yeah I know was joking:D

I am on neither side, end of the day Economic Rationalism rules politics now.

The CNN footage is fantastic, if anyone is at home and has Fox/Aus.
Macca are you looking at the website Ford linked to? Is it up to date with the TV coverage?

I notice that Obama is comfortably in front in Florida with 24% counted.

Obama leading 77-34 on CNN current projections. That doesn't include Florida, they must be expecting some major shredding there. ;)

CNN Projects Maine, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts and New Jersey for Obama; Tennessee and Oklahoma for McCain (Kentucky and South Carolina already called).

Overall vote 52% Obama, 47% McCain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back