Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Anyone here watch it?

I remember watching it way back in high school, and got into it again this year when Foxtel's Cartoon Network started showing the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z series every afternoon.

I ended up buying the Dragon Ball Z series and now I'm halfway through watching Dragon Ball GT after buying the box sets.
Awesome :thumbsu:

Goku goes super saiyan 3. Best scene of the entire series.

[youtube]rrcxzly9m-g[/youtube]

Where did you buy them from?

I'm a self confessed DB/DBZ/DBGT nerd. :eek:

My favourite scene is when Gohan goes SS2 and kicks Cell's arse.

Best anime ever. My favourite character was probably Future Trunks, you could sense he'd go all psycho killer in a second, he had that awesome voice. Favourite part though, that's a toughie, I'll get back to you on it.

Watched them all, am an avid fan of all things Dragonball related.
I own a Dragonball box set which i purchased from one of those dodgy stall holders at Carribean Gardens market for not a lot, It's uncut and poorly translated regarding subtitles, and has no english dub, which is ok, because at least the storyline isn't messed with by Funimation to make it consumeable for kids. :rolleyes:

My partner is Japanese, and she was watching the uncut DB/DBZ as a kid on TV, while we were all fed Looney Tunes, We got jibbed. :p

FWIW: If you have a PS2, Check out Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Far and away the most impressive DBZ fighting title I've ever played, and I rate it as one of the best fighting games Ive ever played, DB bias aside. :thumbsu:

got all of the comics, read them all, they are fantastic!
Not a big fan of the Animated version though, storyline utterly slow! But still good!

Anyone here watch it?

I remember watching it way back in high school, and got into it again this year when Foxtel's Cartoon Network started showing the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z series every afternoon.

I ended up buying the Dragon Ball Z series and now I'm halfway through watching Dragon Ball GT after buying the box sets.
Awesome :thumbsu:

Goku goes super saiyan 3. Best scene of the entire series.

[youtube]rrcxzly9m-g[/youtube]
I just don't get it.

Wow. This is a bump and a half.

I started watching again, as I kinda got hooked when I was in Lorne (only good thing on TV late at night). So got all the seasons off a friend. Never seen any of Dragon Ball, it's the uncut versions, so it's umm... funny lol.

Anyone heard about the live movie they making. Being released in August 08?

James Marsters is playing Piccollo. For that reason alone I hold hope.
Yeah interesting choice. Good actor, so should be fine.

Weird how Goku is not going to be played by an Asian guy. Especially with his look, I've seen pictures, and Goku looks like Elijah Wood with an emo haircut walking to school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dragon Ball was decent (though incredibly corny at times), DBZ was great and GT plain sucked.
Yeh it can be corny at times, but I find it rather funny. I'm only half way through Saga 2 (World Martial Arts Tournament) and it's been quite a laugh so far.

Have you seen the cut episodes or the uncut episode blues4spoon:)P)?

Not 100%, though I'm pretty sure it was the cut version.
I haven't seen cut, but the uncut has a lot of sexual humour. The scenes with Master Roshi are funny as.

But there's also the addition of blood and deaths. None of this "slice person in half and nothing happens" business.

I haven't seen cut, but the uncut has a lot of sexual humour. The scenes with Master Roshi are funny as.

But there's also the addition of blood and deaths. None of this "slice person in half and nothing happens" business.

Yeah, there's a plethora of Master Roshi scenes in the cut version as well. :D

Anyone heard about the live movie they making. Being released in August 08?

Oh, so they've finally committed to making the movie? Excellent :thumbsu:
They've been talking about a movie for a very long time, somehow i thought it would never eventuate.

Hope its quality, and not some corny movie ala Street Fighter :p

Loved Dragon Ball, in particular DBZ, but I was always frustrated by how long the story took to progress.

My favourite scene is when Gohan goes SS2 and kicks Cell's arse.

Yep, Gohan SS2 is my favourite character.

Wearing the uniform Piccolo gave him and kicking Cell's arse - f__king badass.

Favourite scene of all time is when Cell shits out Android 18 and is about to explode and destroy Earth, so Goku commits suicide and uses Instant Transmission to teleport him to King Kai's (spelling?) planet and blows it up and dies. Then one of Cell's cells survives and he returns in his perfect form.

Also any time Hercule thought he was better than all the "heroes" was a good laugh.

Loved Dragon Ball, in particular DBZ, but I was always frustrated by how long the story took to progress.

You'll change your opinion when you watch Dragon Ball GT.
The stories unravel much too fast and the whole series lacks that build up that the DBZ series was known for.

The Lost Episodes were just a pain to watch. That said, the series was beautifully wrapped up in the final episode, and the final battle with Syn Shenron is great.

Here's a trailer/teaser for the Dragonball movie:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/video/download/00004777/

Hmm, will there be any blast moves in that movie, or is all going to be martial arts?

Anyway. In the anime, my favourite is DBZ. I never watched all of Dragon Ball and GT, but I have watched the last ever ep of GT.

My favourite part would have to be Cell. My favourite character is probably Gohan, but I loved Goku and Future Trunks as well.

It was great watching it on Cheese TV as a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back