AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 21 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my thoughts after a night of play.

I enjoy this game so much more now that I've had a lot more time to get used to it. Handballing/tackling is no problem for me now - you just need to find the right man in space. Knowing how hard to kick it to a leading man is VITAL.

The only issue I have with this game now is the seasons needing to be simmed. Once that is patch, this game is next to perfect for me.

Ross and BigAnt, very, very well done. :thumbsu:

Winter doesn't necessarily mean rain.

I'm not nit-picking, but it is so annoying when every single game is played in the wet. Other people have picked up on it as well.
I think it's luck of the draw. I've played maybe one game in the rain and the rest have been dry. Others (obviously) have played all rain except for maybe one.

Le cookie crumble.

So my thoughts after a night of play.

I enjoy this game so much more now that I've had a lot more time to get used to it. Handballing/tackling is no problem for me now - you just need to find the right man in space. Knowing how hard to kick it to a leading man is VITAL.

The only issue I have with this game now is the seasons needing to be simmed. Once that is patch, this game is next to perfect for me.

Ross and BigAnt, very, very well done. :thumbsu:

You know you only sim one game, not all of them, I probably wasn't so clear on that.

The timing of handpasses is crucial, to early and it's a tackle fest, to late you get caught... once you work out how to get the ball off in the right direction at the right time you'll be drawing the man, doing one-two's and slamming it through!

So is it out in all stores? or only for people who pre-ordered, sorry for asking i cant look back in the thread because my internet is absolutely screwed, took me about 20 minutes to get this page up

I think it's luck of the draw. I've played maybe one game in the rain and the rest have been dry. Others (obviously) have played all rain except for maybe one.

Le cookie crumble.

It is random, and perhaps should be less random for WA.

You know you only sim one game, not all of them, I probably wasn't so clear on that.

The timing of handpasses is crucial, to early and it's a tackle fest, to late you get caught... once you work out how to get the ball off in the right direction at the right time you'll be drawing the man, doing one-two's and slamming it through!
I know mate, but as I said before, I like to aim for things when playing games. Playing through a season and not getting the achievement would just irritate me. I'll be waiting for the patch.

Le cookie crumble.

Yeah, I figured that it was random. It's bizarre that it is just randomly choosing rainy weather so frequently.

I've got no problems with this game. It is the best AFL game by an absolute country mile. Sure, there are some things I'd like to see changed, like the ability to use your created player in the actual AFL season and perhaps being able to change the difficulty midway through a season (I may have overlooked this, correct me if I'm wrong). But if that is all there is to slightly criticise, you know BigAnt have done something right. I love the controls, the player models/stadiums looks great. All the different tackle/mark/kicking animations are fantastic.

Overall, this game is awesome and it's making me majorly frisky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Ross well done on the game mate, truly enjoying it. Did you see my question about Ben Nason getting 15 posi's and 4 goals in the pocket but being handed a form slump for the next round??? Am I missing understanding the players form or something?

I've been able to lower the amount of stoppages by handballing but most of the time it's just to random space and not to a player, because I'm rarely able to find a player in enough space to avoid a tackle. Any tips on finding space? Perhaps there's an option in the team tactics menu that gives players more space?

I am loving the game and while it has issues, I think you and the team have done a great job of giving us a decent AFL game for once. I just need to get over all this congestion and find some bloody space to run. :D

Ross,

I don't mean to nitpick on everything, but I find that one of the biggest contributers to the "tackle-fests" is the method of disposal. It's easy enough to chain handballs and find space offline, but when you're against a human it's much harder.

I find that in most situations I can handball to space or cop the tackle. The stab-pass is ok but it is not effective enough as a clearance and it can be difficult to hold the modifier while sprinting, while trying to get just enough space to kick it ina very hectic situation.

I believe the kick for goal button should be a one-tap 30 or so metre clearance towards goal. In FIFA games, when in defence you only have to tap the "shoot at goal" button for a clearance, meaning you don't have to have posession of the ball for a couple of seconds, potentially turning it over. This way it would be more realistic, as players can get off these clearances instantly, and not have to hold the ball for a second or two before doing it.

It's also frustrating when you're in the foward 50 with an opossition player about to tackle you. You get stuck between a rock and a hard place. You can handball to space or a teammate, but it normally results in many tackles (due to the lack of sprint speed and ball lock-one). Or, you can take a shot at goal which WILL drop short as you don't have enough time to power the kick. If you're lucky, you may have a teammate in position for a mark.

Just because a kick you are getting off is quick shouldn't mean it only goes 10-20 metres. The lack of a 30-40m clearance is frustratingly causing a lot of these congestion issues.

I'm not sure if this is includable in a patch, and if it can't be really should be included in the next one.

There's obviously a problem with the number of tackles when 10 minute quarters provide realistic stats in everything but the tackle count.

some decent rivalries already up and about..

HBK and Swan_Tatts..

look out..

I'll wont be playing as regularly until Sunday, as I dont want to over-play it, got 4-5 mates coming over...

Kirbstar and Census will be looking for some 2v2 matches

Me and 2nd on the xbox live leaderboards keep having matches because he thinks he should be number 1

Downloading the Hat again now and adding 7 players from every side to do a draft.Just hope I don't get all my de listed players back.If you guys would like I could post the results here, so you can change the list's a bit.

All players I add in it will be 270k or under from each side.

Sorry to keep asking about marking, but how do you guys keep up with them in the forward line. Agree that forwards will always go for leads and create space but I just seem to find myself far off the mark. Getting better at spoiling though I guess. I have set myself to play in front of them as the time the ball is kicked we should be about even and to just run in and spoil. Having a bit of trouble in the forward line as well with my FF who takes maybe 1 mark a game out of like 10-15 contests. Just seems to get bumped hell softly out of the way.

I am trying to cut them off (not too early/not too in front of the player) but I think I'm still timing it wrong. I got down every other aspect, just don't know why it's taking this long to get the marking down OK. Should I be going for the right timing now or should I just spam it for the time being. Anyone that can mark and spoil well will probably destroy me online so I want to get decent at it first.

As much as I love FIFA and soccer, footy just pumps me up so much more after a goal and win.

Had a quick crack at it at lunch for the first time.
Loved the intro with Holy Grail playing. Goosebumps!
Was brought back to earth pretty quickly. Got belted by Saints. Little tiprat kicked five goals.
Found the controls difficult, but didn't have a huge chance to peruse the instructions either. Look forward to having a better crack tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back