Past #28: Will Sierakowski - acquired in exchange for pick 58 in 2011 - delisted at end of 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I think Will deserves his own thread.

Like I said earlier haven't seen any of him, but he's had some raps from Hawks supporter, hopefully we've got a steal but I'll expect the worst.

Re: I think Will deserves his own thread.

The recruiting team obviously see something in him. He's still very young.

On paper, he sounds like the exact kind of player we need. Can't tell much from the highlights on the website, but his kicking looks good.

Agree on the nickname suggested by another poster: "Who?"

Probably a better prospect than anything we could've got late in this draft.

Seems to have a nice skill set, can't wait to see if it translates to AFL level.

081201_draftee4_246b.jpg

We must have a scout living in Box Hill

187cm, 87kg Born 1990

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll reserve judgement until I see him play but if he was any good you'd think he would have been able to get a game or two with the Hawks, as guys like Savage, Puopolo, Smith, Suckling, etc, did.

Anyway, let's hope he's as good as the last bloke we snared from Box Hill.

did he miss a target in the highlights? suppose thats why they are highlights but looks like a good kick. Welcome to the Roos

The main thing is that there is clear evidence he can infact hit the side of a barn. I do recall one of our recent draftees kicking being in question after his 'highlight' package failed to include a single effective kick.

I nearly cried when he hit a target looking at the highlights. Is clearly a lovely kick and given he has already had a few seasons developing at an AFL club he would be more appealing then most availaible later in the draft.

Good get. :thumbsu:

One out of left-field no doubt but seems like a win-win for me. We needed a HBF with good footskills and we got one. Whilst he obviously isn't Brendan Goddard, we haven't exactly given up the world for him

We must have the best recruiting team in the country. Ive been watching this guy for a while now and im rapt we got him - really good pick up and should develop well with our list. Exactly what we need and is only 21. Now i believe we have Mullet, JMac, C. Richardson and Will Sera.. to play off that half back line and generate some run with great ball use. Very good recruiting - time will tell but i like what i see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back