Competitions Three Things I learned from the Game Last Night

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Wallis is a seriously good player, that might even win the NAB Rising Star - he plays every game, and kicks roughly a goal a game. He lead the disposals for most of the game. (loved his goal):thumbsu:

2. Macca is a seriously good coach, he is coaching for the future based on contested footy.

3. Our kids are seriously under-rated, and are going to be long term players for this club.

1 Austin is better than I gave him credit for

2 Gia and Higgins have no chance of satisfying a section of fans regardless of what they do, how many tackles or goals they kick, even when they are the only forwards we have that can convert the work our midfields are doing.

3 Minson is the most underrated player in league at moment, every week opposition supporters are saying how did we let them dominate clearances and win the ruck when they only had Minson, it's because he is now in the top 5 ruckman in the league.

1. Our ruckmen have terrific workrate. Minson and Roughy ran up and down the ground a lot last night, and Cordy does it as well.

2. Austin is taking his chance.

3. I already knew this, but Wallis and Libba are guns. And Dahl is nearly always involved in our scoring shots.

fyi Wallis has firmed into 2nd favourite behind Coniglio for the rising star award.

Mind you I think his performances to date has been light years ahead of Coniglio's.

Still all a moot point though, I am 100% sure the AFL will have it's lackey's vote for players from expansion teams.

Wallis is quickly becoming the most underrated player in the game i posted this on the main board when all the idiots were sprouting shit they know nothing about.

After 7 games this year he is

Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Handballs
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Disposals
Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Goals
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Tackles
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Supercoach Score
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Dreamteam Score
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Handballs Per Game
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Disposals Per Game
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Tackles Per Game
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Supercoach Score Per Game
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Dreamteam Score Per Game

Wallis is quickly becoming the most underrated player in the game i posted this on the main board when all the idiots were sprouting shit they know nothing about.

After 7 games this year he is

Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Handballs
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Disposals
Ranked 10th among rising stars in Total Goals
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Tackles
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Supercoach Score
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Total Dreamteam Score
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Handballs Per Game
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Disposals Per Game
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Tackles Per Game
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Supercoach Score Per Game
Ranked 2nd among rising stars in Dreamteam Score Per Game

Impressive! :thumbsu:

You can see he's definitely grown accustomed to the speed of the game, last year at times, he was like a deer in headlights. Now he's followed Libba's lead and caught up in a rush. Libba, Wallis, Smith are going to be a dominant hard midfield trifecta. Just need to add some dash to finish it off.

The work rate of some of our young future stars was awesome to see.

Dahlhaus deserves some slack, but Griffen by now needs to be able to shake off tags if he wants to stamp his authority on the game

It kills me to see Cooney's little flashes of his old self knowing that it's not possible for him to reclaim his brownlow form

Three things I learnt last night –

• Dickson is a hard man to move and held his own in one on ones against Scarlet.
• Roughead’s balls have finally dropped, our boy is now a man
• Austin is fast becoming a serious defender and possibly our best spoiler?

Three things I’ve learnt this year -

• Macca is the right man for us
• Our father and sons are fu&ken rippers
• Barry Hall retired to soon…hahaha

The reality is, we got Bazza too late. About 2 years too late. Every doggie fan knows, that had we got him in 09, we might have snatched a flag. I learned last night, that Geelong have fallen a long way, and it's not disrespect to them, I'd be happy with one flag in 5 years, let alone 3!

I also learned that our forward line needs to be worked on next, as most other aspects of our game are going really well. :thumbsu:

1.Minson deserves a lot of apologies from a lot of people on this board. Shown glimpses when he rucked without Hudson last year and has improved out of sight this year. Who would of thought to get rid of the brain farts would be to keep him involved in the game.
2.Wallis's improvement has been remarkable. Just needed some confidence?
3.Our Backline has been outstanding this year considering.

1. X factor without effort is meaningless

2. McCartney is a very good choice

3. Rats tails are not cool

Yeah, what's with the rats tail? .............. I would prefer to see the bloke concentrate on his football more than trying to look like some loser from a feral suburb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Docklands is the place to watch football when it's cold and wet.
2. it's better to be in the mix for a top 4 finish than not
3. the idiot who tries to gee up the crowd on the screen is still a pain in the neck.

Three things I learnt last night –

• Dickson is a hard man to move and held his own in one on ones against Scarlet.
• Roughead’s balls have finally dropped, our boy is now a man
• Austin is fast becoming a serious defender and possibly our best spoiler?

Three things I’ve learnt this year -

• Macca is the right man for us
• Our father and sons are fu&ken rippers
• Barry Hall retired to soon…hahaha
Agree about Barry Hall i think he could have played one more year and retired with the view to taking up the boxing.

Yeah, what's with the rats tail? .............. I would prefer to see the bloke concentrate on his football more than trying to look like some loser from a feral suburb.

He had the rats tail from the beginning, and those "feral" suburbs are still much more civilised from where he's from.

Have to disagree with you on this one Beaser. Can't say I am a fan of the look, but at least it is individual. More than can be said for the mindless fashion so prevalent among players at the moment for shaved chrome domes and semi shaved American Marine Corps buzz cuts. What a bunch of sheep. But for the numbers on their backs it would be near impossible to tell one from the other.

Apologies to Sean Higgins. Macca is a genius, reminds me of that Rocky III movie, belted from pillar to post, but to come out on top looking pretty good. Enjoy the year doggies, cos 2013 onwards we will be serious Grand Final contestants! And well done on John Schultz now receiving legend status, and glad that Georgie Bisset made it to the list, both are thorough gentlemen. And the doggies keep playing honest football, they will go places!

fyi Wallis has firmed into 2nd favourite behind Coniglio for the rising star award.

Mind you I think his performances to date has been light years ahead of Coniglio's.

Still all a moot point though, I am 100% sure the AFL will have it's lackey's vote for players from expansion teams.
Very well written. I was about to pen exactly what you said. If it looks close 'something' will happen and Coniglio will win.

The 'Rats Tail' is his tribes symbol of a Male reaching Man hood i am informed. The source is from close to Bullfrog, at AFL NT
Lets go a bit easy

Whether Wallis wins the rising star award or not, I'm not fussed. What I do know, is that he is starting to become a consistent ball winner/user for us, and I'm happy we have him at our club!

Whether Wallis wins the rising star award or not, I'm not fussed. What I do know, is that he is starting to become a consistent ball winner/user for us, and I'm happy we have him at our club!

I could almost believe you TD except for your tag line:p

Have to disagree with you on this one Beaser. Can't say I am a fan of the look, but at least it is individual. More than can be said for the mindless fashion so prevalent among players at the moment for shaved chrome domes and semi shaved American Marine Corps buzz cuts. What a bunch of sheep. But for the numbers on their backs it would be near impossible to tell one from the other.

I think this is what Luke Dahlhaus has in mind after he gets rid of the dreads at the end of the season :( . Can we get a petition up or something?

Zeph comes from a remote community - a couple of hours from Fitzroy Crossing. English is his second language. The 'rat's tail' is a link to his 'brothers' back in the community and a reminder of his home country.. It has nothing to do with any kind of suburban perception of being bogan. It's difficult, but we should try to resist judging Zephy by the same standards we use to judge most of the rest of the list. He has dome an amazing job of integrating into the group and into city life. He plays with joy, and is just starting to understand, and show, what he can do - we got another glimpse on Friday night. When he starts to string it all together, we will have a new cult hero.

Zeph comes from a remote community - a couple of hours from Fitzroy Crossing. English is his second language. The 'rat's tail' is a link to his 'brothers' back in the community and a reminder of his home country.. It has nothing to do with any kind of suburban perception of being bogan. It's difficult, but we should try to resist judging Zephy by the same standards we use to judge most of the rest of the list. He has dome an amazing job of integrating into the group and into city life. He plays with joy, and is just starting to understand, and show, what he can do - we got another glimpse on Friday night. When he starts to string it all together, we will have a new cult hero.

Well said, I am not sure how much of a distraction a rats tail could be to his football anyway...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back