Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather TT rapped for him.

TT Cool J.

dad-gifbombing-kid-rapper-12590.gif

He's a terrific young bloke Robbie, as anyone who's met him and spoken with him at length would attest. It's also one of the reasons it shits me to tears seeing some of the crap posted about him here on BF prior to the weekend.

Let's face it, we have s**t supporters just like any other club.

Some of the folks around here don't see human beings nor acknowledge the intrinsic human nature of the sport.

They just see cattle.

Let's face it, we have s**t supporters just like any other club.

Some of the folks around here don't see human beings nor acknowledge the intrinsic human nature of the sport.

They just see cattle.

Blind Freddy can see that Robbie has all the tools to be a quality player and this year some of us have commented on how his movement and leading patterns are damn good for a kid with less than 20 games.

He just needs games and unless he completely stinks it up, should play every week.

I was impressed with both of them TBH. Robbie showed a great deal of maturity and poise talking about his late dad there at the end.

I agree. If both of them burst into tears right then I wouldn't have blamed them. It was as tough a question as Eddie could have asked and they both handled themselves well.

What's Robbie's contractual situation? Does he have one more year to go?
After the way North has stuck by him, I would be really surprised if he considered leaving the club.
Let's hope he can back it up with a good game against a good defensive unit like St Kilda.

Would be good if they play him the way the played Jack Riewoldt in the last quarter a few weeks ago. ;)

What's Robbie's contractual situation? Does he have one more year to go?
After the way North has stuck by him, I would be really surprised if he considered leaving the club.
Let's hope he can back it up with a good game against a good defensive unit like St Kilda.

Would be good if they play him the way the played Jack Riewoldt in the last quarter a few weeks ago. ;)

Yep has another year to go on his contract.

Err, I think you mean you were wrapped TT. o_O

Wrapt, rapt, rapped, wrapped, rapture....either ways watched this with interest and I have to say I think I can see what is hampering his game, he is so nice! Fair dinkum he came across as really good bloke without any malice or mongrel in him, I fear for the boy. Hope he kicks a bag against the Aint's :thumbsu:

Just a question re: Robbie for anyone who knows - and this is not having a go at his game, just genuine interest - does he have a leap on him or is he simply not jumping over packs for fear of damaging shoulders again?

Watching Chris's highlights last night and he took some screamers over packs which I am not sure is in Robbie's game?

And I concur with danj, doesn't seem to have any mongrel in him, and this does seem to come across on the field a bit. Would love to see him really get aggro like a Jonathon Brown and split packs. Maybe that will come once he gains confidence that his body will hold up to the rigours.

Just a question re: Robbie for anyone who knows - and this is not having a go at his game, just genuine interest - does he have a leap on him or is he simply not jumping over packs for fear of damaging shoulders again?

Watching Chris's highlights last night and he took some screamers over packs which I am not sure is in Robbie's game?

And I concur with danj, doesn't seem to have any mongrel in him, and this does seem to come across on the field a bit. Would love to see him really get aggro like a Jonathon Brown and split packs. Maybe that will come once he gains confidence that his body will hold up to the rigours.
He was able to split some packs on Sunday and bring the ball to ground, despite being well out of the contest. If he can do that without the "agro" or "mongrel", I can live with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just arriving.

Got be honest, I was yelling a few times "have a crack". But in saying that, I know that alot of the off ball stuff is not seen on telly. Good game, but will reserve "always knew he was a star" for later.

Already one of the best marks in AFL, has hit a real purple patch, can't believe how easily he slips his opponent, all while looking like he is going at less than half pace.

Good 1 grabber when he gets the chance. Hopefully he can continue the growth.

On the other side Lachie should have been better the last couple of weeks he drops too many marks when he is in an uncontested position...especially against the Saints dropped at least 3 or 4 from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back