Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason the comparisons with Petrie were rubbish is because even from day 1 you could see Drew had the desire, the workrate, the tools, the attitude to make it. It took a while to rip a game apart, sure, but there were signs from the very beginning.

With Tarrant, there were no signs. Until today! Today he showed us he can compete at this level, now does he have the desire and workrate to improve on this, build on it and produce it regularly? This game would have been seen by all the opposition coaches and they might feel they need to start looking at him more closely now. It will be interesting to see how he copes with the extra attention from the opposition. Wait and see time.

The midfield maketh the man. We moved the ball quickly and cleanly. Azza would have got on the end of a few today too.

It's great if Tazza got a lot of confidence from today. The challenge is to contribute more consistently throughout games.

Should have said he was finished a long time ago, if it meant he ws going to come out and prove it wrong. Like posted above he actually played like a forward today and even protected the ball drop.

Not getting too excited, but if he can keep that standard up he may just make it after all. Let's hope it wasn't one of Brad's aberations?

Tarrant and Hansen in the goal square and Drew out to CHF?

Nah, that will never work.

Has anyone seen Zondor or Lebowski around?

That overhead mark he was robbed of in the first Q could be a fork in the road.

Came back to have a good game and did not run underneath the football like last week.

There are some backlines around that don't have a Rutten and it will be interesting to see if North can use Petrie, Tarrant and Hansen to isolate and stretch the backline.

The reason the comparisons with Petrie were rubbish is because even from day 1 you could see Drew had the desire, the workrate, the tools, the attitude to make it. It took a while to rip a game apart, sure, but there were signs from the very beginning.

With Tarrant, there were no signs. Until today! Today he showed us he can compete at this level, now does he have the desire and workrate to improve on this, build on it and produce it regularly? This game would have been seen by all the opposition coaches and they might feel they need to start looking at him more closely now. It will be interesting to see how he copes with the extra attention from the opposition. Wait and see time.

way too negative YOTR give the kid some credit and wait to be excited again.

Is it 15 games in 5 years? I thought he was done based on last week. I'll put my hand up.

Got in front today. Worked hard to get to the front. He can make it if he wants it.

Hansen, Tarrant and Petrie forward - who would have thought that would work.

I guess when you win in midfield it makes a world of difference.

way too negative YOTR give the kid some credit and wait to be excited again.
Pretty sure I gave him credit when I said he showed us today that he can compete at this level.

It would be negative if I neglected the good things he did today and instead focused on his mistakes. I'm not going to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess when you win in midfield it makes a world of difference.

When you load up with tall forwards it also tends to straighten up the midfield.

It's a symbiotic relationship mate.

209 kicks/143 handballs tells the tale.

Pretty sure I gave him credit when I said he showed us today that he can compete at this level.

It would be negative if I neglected the good things he did today and instead focused on his mistakes. I'm not going to do that.

probably got more to do with you concentrating on what will happen next week, instead of enjoying the moment, each to their own mate, but I think we can celebrate his efforts today.

Consitency is the key. From the mids to the backs and down forward. Black looked good against Brisbane and we just need to see it more often from the namesake.

This!! But with this group at present we're gonna get Jeckle and Hyde preformances......until consistency becomes the norm. Im pretty sure the older heads here have been posting this. Even tef has taken it upon himself to see it that we draft some players from other clubs to achieve this. But when we do this we lose our chance keep the rotation of decent new additions to the club.

Well done Taz, 4 goals is brilliant i didn't know he had it in him.
Lets hope he can replicate his form next week.
I remember Black kicked 3 against the Lions then was unsighted in the following games.

He is going to have shit games, I just ask people to have some patience with him, he is going to need his 50+ games of footy to get a good foundation, we moved the ball well and played on a guy he comfortably lead to the ball and wont get it like that every week.

Hopefully you got a bit of a taste of what others saw in him today.

I think the coach should also get some credit for Tarrant's performance. Resisting the temptation of Playing Hansen down back meant that the only match up Adelaide had for him was Reilly. A player he was always going to beat. And he was far too strong for McKernan. That free kick against him early was a disgrace. It was just pure strength and out bodying. I don't see why Tarrant was punished simply because McKernan bounced off him.

Wow really?

There is someone else actually intelligent enough to work this out. The amount of idiots around me calling for Hansen to get dragged. He was keeping Adelaide's best defender away from Petrie and Tarrant allowing them to clunk them against their lesser opponents.

Very well coached to expose their small/skinny defence.

Wow really?

There is someone else actually intelligent enough to work this out. The amount of idiots around me calling for Hansen to get dragged. He was keeping Adelaide's best defender away from Petrie and Tarrant allowing them to clunk them against their lesser opponents.

Very well coached to expose their small/skinny defence.

Idiots will always be idiots Pez. Their best defender happens to be a former bloody AA FB for god knows how many years - but hey don't let the truth get in the way of their idiotic rants!

This!! But with this group at present we're gonna get Jeckle and Hyde preformances......until consistency becomes the norm. Im pretty sure the older heads here have been posting this. Even tef has taken it upon himself to see it that we draft some players from other clubs to achieve this. But when we do this we lose our chance keep the rotation of decent new additions to the club.

He just has to keep contributing. Not have quiet ones but have an impact. So if he is leaving Hansen or Petrie on a small defender the fanatstic.
This is they key. If two of them are up and running and one sacrifices his game- win-win-win.
but as usual the haters will be out there expecting carey like performances ;)

There weren't many signs up until recently, but I thought the turning point was his last 3 weeks in the VFL. He was finally able to dominate at that level, which I haven't seen before. And then it was only a matter of time that he did it in the seniors. It will be up and down at times, but he should now finally feel that he belongs in AFL. And with that, confidence should come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back