Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the stuff about skinny guys at the gym from above...I am the definition of skinny and would easily be the skinniest guy at my gym (that I've seen anyway).

Instead of trying to be a hero and lift too heavy for myself, I just did what weights I could, unlike most skinnys at the gym, and now I find a bunch of the regulars are quite happy to spot me with benches and stuff, give me some tips and help me out in general, without me asking for it.
I just know I'm 8kg less skinny than I was 2 years ago, 5kg less skinny than I was in Feb this year. I know my goals, I know where I'm at, and I know what's realistic.

People need to come to that realisation.

Rewind back 5-6 years and I was that skinny kid trying to keep up with a 90-odd kg mate... horrible form, spotting heaps, horrible everything. I'm past that, but a lot of people, you can't tell them not to be stupid. I doubt I would've listened.

yeah well said slattery. naivety and youth coincide with ego many a time where its all about how much you can lift and boast about. besides, would gym patrons actually listen to a random gym rat who is not a trainer?

everyone has different goals and go to the gym. i know one bloke, much older, who has a trainer but only plays squash and does light stretching with him. he just likes having someone to exercise with.

Saw a flog in the gym wearing sunnies on his head whilst working out.....need i say any more

Some goose was doing bicep curls, right in front of the dumbbell rack blocking others, looking at his bicep in the mirror. That wasn't the bad part though, he was doing curls to the beat of the song that was on! I thought his first set might have been co-incidence so I made a point to watch 2nd set. It was a different song and hence a different rythym and beat for his bicep curls!!! I don't get irritated, I just laugh. Hilarious stuff goes on at my gym.

New one today. Some lady doing some crazy step up aerobic routine in the squat rack. I ask her politely to move to the cardio area and she screams 'IT'S MY GYM TOO!' Scared the hell out of me
Haha. That is awesome!

Just started at a new gym, pretty small but pretty cheap with a good range of equipment. There's a speed ball in the corner, and some douchebag with chemically straightened hair decides to blast everyones ear drums for 15 minutes to prove that he can hit the speed ball fast. Lift some weights you ******* moron.

People who grunt loud/excessively, people who talk 'broscience' to you, people who do a set then spend 10 minutes talking before starting another set, people with bad BO...

Just a few things over the last few weeks that annoy me more then usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you find me irritating when I want to isolate my chest (instead of using tri's) or when I want to isolate my quads with a few half squats?
No. That is why I added the bit that said when people think they are doing full reps.
In the situation you said, people know they are doing half reps and there is a reason behind it.
What I said was some people are doing half reps thinking they are full reps.

I thought my first post was pretty clear tbh.

coming into new years boys, all the "new years resolutions" people will be hitting the gym in a few days. aren't they fun :)

Havent been going to the gym long but the most annoying thing so far is the people that slam the weights on the ground after every rep of a deadlift

Neither do I, but creating unnecessary noise in a shared space does.
This is a thread where people can say what annoys them. Doesn't mean you have to have a go at em

Neither do I, but creating unnecessary noise in a shared space does.
This is a thread where people can say what annoys them. Doesn't mean you have to have a go at em

well said.

for me dropping weights isnt something i partake in, but as others here have pointed out they would rather that than dislocated shoulders (i think we all would).

my gym has signs erected everywhere asking patrons not to drop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back